main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I read that novel a few years ago and it was excellent. From what I remember it had some interesting scenes with Maul too. I'm going to have to give it a re read at some point.

J7Luke and Tanjint like this.
  2. Honest Swindler

Honest Swindler Jedi Knight

Mar 5, 2017
    Yep. Plagueis was great. It was nice to see a novel more focused on the political side of things. Plus more Palpatine is always great. :emperor:

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah.. That is awesome!!

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Didn't Captain Rex used to be the icon for StarWars.com?

Snafu55 and Tanjint like this.
  5. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Back in the day he was. Good times.

Snafu55 and Tanjint like this.
  6. Honest Swindler

Mar 5, 2017
    Yep. He used to be everywhere. Website, merchandise packaging, the merchandise itself. I miss those days. To be honest nothing post Disney ever excited me that much. I miss the big merchandising push TCW got. Rebels (thanks in part to new films) never got that. TCW was great, heck even season one makes me look back fondly and that was VERY hit or miss.

Tanjint likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I wish when the new series is made (after Rebels). Not only is it kept to a short season, but some time/money is put into finishing TCW. So between seasons of this new show we could get a few episodes of TCW. Over the years eventually TCW can be finished.

Snafu55, J7Luke and Tanjint like this.
  8. Honest Swindler

Mar 5, 2017
    That's a pleasant thought. Somebody should send that idea to Disney, I mean it won't work but still. It plants a seed and then in a few years someone at Disney would remember it and claim it as their "brilliant idea". (Wishful thinking I know. Disney listening to any idea is a ridiculous thought)

J7Luke, Tanjint and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  9. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    The rationale creatives with Disney/Lucas always cite is that the best parts of the post-Season 6 Clone Wars stories have already been adapted in other forms (Dathomir, Dark Disciple, Crystal Crisis, Bad Batch). I think the only one there's been no form of was that fabled 8 episode final Ahsoka arc. Was it set on Polis Massa or Mustafar?

I kind of relish that that arc didn't happen because it makes it easier for the Tartakovsky Clone Wars to still fit in to the saga and make sense.

-T

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Several arcs have had no adaptations. Here's the complete list of arcs that haven't been adapted yet (all 4 episodes long).

Vad Bane and Boba Fett on Tatooine
    Ahsoka in the Coruscant Underworld investigating the Pykes syndicate
    Bad Batch on Kashyyyk with Yoda and Tarfull
    Rex and R2 Top Gun style arc
    Yuuzhan Vong
    Ahsoka investigating beneath the Jedi Temple
    Padme on Mon Cala arc
    The Siege of Mandalore

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  11. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

Ahhh, siege of Mandalore was the final planned Ahsoka arc, right?

I've never seen any mention of a Yuuzhan Vong arc, would love to read even the couple sentences someone let slip about that!

-T

12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeah, Siege of Mandalore featured Ahsoka, Rex and Bo-Katan going up against Maul and the Death Watch.

In the Yuuzhan Vong arc, a Republic cruiser would encounter a Vong scoutship. That's about all we know of the arc.

J7Luke and Tanjint like this.
  13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

There was also that one piece of concept art from the Yuuzhan Vong arc Filoni showed.

http://screencrush.com/files/2015/04/img0267jpg-a24c38_624w.jpg

J7Luke, cwustudent and Tanjint like this.
  14. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015
    This is remarkable stuff....The Vong's place in canon was almost secured for posterity. Could still happen but still...crazy stuff!

-T

J7Luke likes this.
  15. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't it said at one point that the arcs that had finished scripts but haven't been adapted yet are still treated as Canon by the Story Group? If so then maybe the Vong could still appear in Canon at some point.

MandaloreRex2015, Tanjint and J7Luke like this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe they will in the New Thrawn book or future comics? Plenty of ways for them to come back.

17. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

I think one of the Thrawn excerpts mentioned:

Thrawn meeting Anakin Skywalker. So, maybe that takes place during the proposed Vong arc?

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    My guess as well

MandaloreRex2015 and Tanjint like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That would be flipping amazing!

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    For some reason I recall that at the end of season 1 they had a trailer for season 2 right after the final of season 1. Am I remembering this correctly?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  21. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Okay so for years I avoided The Clone Wars, believing it to be nothing more then a childrens TV show and considering the idea of Anakin having a padawan to be idiotic.

What a fool I was.

I just got done watching The Wrong Jedi, the last episode of Season 5. Never when I started this show could I have imagined such an emotional moment coming from Ahsoko Tano. The development of her character has truly been the highlight of this series. Am I to understand there was more to her story planned in seasons that were not released? If so, what a tragedy. Both this episode and the end of the Krell arc where the clones were tricked into killing each other brought me to tears.

Anakin: I understand wanting to leave the order.
    Ahsoko: I know.

Wow. The music, the story, everything about it. Just a truly incredible episode. Bravo. Bravo. I can now say without reservation that Ahsoko Tano has become one of my favorite characters in all os Star Wars.

22. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Yours is a tale as old as...five years

23. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013

I'm well aware I'm far behind on this situation. Now I can simply join the chorus in demanding the release of the rest of these Clone Wars arcs in some way or another.

24. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000

I had a very similar experience last year. I wanted to watch everything Star Wars in chronological order before seeing TFA. I was mildly disappointed in the PT, to say the least, so I had no interest at all in TCW. Watching the series sure changed my tune. Now I'm sad/mad that it wasn't finished, and that its the height of SW animation at this point. I really miss stories with the emotional impact that some episodes of TCW had.

There's now a book about Ahsoka, which is pretty good. You also might find some things to like in the first 2 seasons of Rebels. Ventress and Maul got a book and comic, respectively.

There are a few (3?) unfinished animatic versions of TCW stories out there. The animation is very rough, but all the voice work is done. "Crystal Crisis on Utapau" and "Bad Batch".

Kaitan ISB021 and J7Luke like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Clone Wars overall is such a great series and you guys know that I almost never hate Star Wars. Except for the holiday special

Sandtrooper956 likes this.