main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    The youngling was originally intended to work as a pilot for a new show, but then the sale to Disney came along and those plans were cancelled. So the arc was put back into TCW and pushed out the Clovis arc from season 5.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. GalenX_1399

GalenX_1399 Jedi Padawan

Mar 31, 2016
    I had a thought about TCW as a whole and wanted to bring it up. now, TCW ended way too early, as it probably had 2-3 seasons more of content. however, I really feel like the yoda arc to end season 6 was a fantastic ending to the series. it gave yoda the huge revelation that the jedi order would eventually fall, and also told him that another skywalker would save the galaxy. many people will say that TCW should've ended with the seige of mandalore, but I think that the seige should've been put into a standalone animated film, so that the series could be bookended by animated films

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Cad Bane VS Boba was epic..

4. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I couldn't agree with you more! I recently watched that arc and I think it is a perfect ending to the show and perfectly sets up ROTS. It gives enough closure to the show, and with Rebels continuing almost every loose end, it's just a great place to end the show. In my opinion it would've felt weird to continue the show after this episode since it seems to set up ROTS so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I remember that the Young Jedi arc was a late addition, but that still doesn't really answer my question; both arcs could have fit into season 5 so either one extra episode wasn't allowed or having the season fall short of a couple of episodes was a decision made by Dave Filoni & crew.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Just gotta say, it says a lot that even after Clone Wars was canceled four years ago, and now they've announced concluding a whole other series in Rebels, TCW is still very active in the hearts and minds of fans. Even up to the end of Rebels, the original characters from TCW are a big part of the conclusion of that story. Dave has done a TCW panel at every Celebration even up to the one that just happened, along with the huge Ahsoka Lives gatherings there with associated cosplay. And this thread and other TCW threads are still active and generating tons of discussion. I don't think any of us thought the fire would still be burning this brightly in the hearts of the creators and fans. Heck, I remember a mod here tried to un-pin this thread from the Star Wars TV board thinking "TCW was done" and that we didn't need this as an active discussion... that thinking didn't last long! ;)

Makes me wonder seriously now how the show will continue to live on. Saw from TCW was in Rogue One, maybe Cade Bane in the Han Solo film? Maybe Dave will work in some scenes from the lost Ahsoka underworld arc to that new micro-series? Adapt the Yoda/Kashyyyk arc as a standalone film? And then maybe some day they'll complete the true series finale, the Siege of Mandalore. I think they've shown that they aren't afraid to keep those characters and stories alive, and I hope we'll all be here to do our part in keeping the fire burning for TCW.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Cartoon Network (Warner Bros) only bought 20 episodes instead of the typical 22 they usually buy. Each season has 26 produced episodes.

Orrelios and TetsuAero like this.
  8. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017

Clone Wars set up an entire generation! Heck, even that cash-grab MMO that got shut down (Clone Wars Adventures) still has a large community, and are working on a emulator. There are people who won't settle with anything except Clone Wars being brought back properly and finished (Including me). That fire its steadily growing, and getting ready to burn Disney's house down, most underestimated OT purists, and look now. They have control of Star Wars! The CW generation can do the same, if not, better.

J7Luke likes this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Did you know GL mentioned Ahsoka at Celebration?

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    OT purists are not the type of people I want to model the TCW fan base after.

11. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    That's because you haven't talked to them. I have. Deep down inside, they're nice people. They just want they're Star Wars, and restored to guerrilla tactics because they felt no one was listening. We've already seen the fringes of the EU rebellion use similar tactics, onlt to get shunned out of their own group. So I think that is how these movements are going to work.

12. spectator

spectator Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 6, 2017

All I want is for the TCW movie to go back into print on Blu-ray.

Larsonator and cwustudent like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Let's be realistic here guys TCW will never come back. Sure maybe we will see some arcs in other forms but not as they were intended.

14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    All I know is what I've seen. Maybe some of them have come around. But you can't excuse remarks like "Lucas r****d my childhood."

Also, their 'tactics' ruined Episode VII for me.

15. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    2005: "Let's be realistic here guys George Lucas won't stop pumping out PT content. We'er never going to see the Original versions again.
    It's possible we could organize an animation team to finish the episodes. You never know. The war hasn't stopped. It's just begun.

Disney actually ruined my childhood by canceling Clone Wars (I was actually a kid back then!).
    And yes, OT purists did play a role in TFA, but there are also others, like SJW's to blame.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Don't think I haven't considered this myself. This thread isn't that immortal. ;)
    I didn't understand a word of this post. Also don't post more than once in a row.

Also guys can we not resort to making blanket statements about certain segments of the fan-base? Because overall they tend to only apply to vocal minorities who aren't indicative of the fan-base as a whole, and inevitably all that does is alienate someone or a few someones.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You'll have to do it eventually

18. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Not necessarily. TCW for life!

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah we keep getting TCW content because there are people who are vocal about their love of it. Let's keep up the good work.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    When was the last time we got a full TCW stuff? 2015?

21. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Soon the Rebellion will be crushed and all Legends fans will be one of us :emperor:

PCCViking and cwustudent like this.
  22. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    I really think you did understand, not that you believed it, but you understand what I was saying. Not understanding and not agreeing are two separate things. Feels a little insulting. Also, that double post was because I was editing my first post, then refreshed the page and forgot I was editing something and just rewrote my added response. It won't happen again.

I've seen someone say something like that before. Last time I checked that guy ended up falling down a reactor shaft :vader:

23. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015

Exactly. Like, even The Wrong Jedi would have been a satisfactory ending to the whole thing. It's just annoying that there still was other stuff left to do.

I actually don't know if SoM would have been a better send of than the other two though...

J7Luke likes this.
  24. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    This is a theory.
    I think I know maybe why we haven't seen a "Siege of Mandalore" adaptation along the same lines as Son of Dathomir. It is also an Ahsoka arc we haven't SEEN how Ahsoka gets from The Wrong Jedi to "Siege of Mandalore." I know there are at least two arcs ("Underworld" and "Under the Jedi Temple" arcs). I believe Filoni has a plan up his sleeve for the Ahsoka arcs to be released (maybe as an animated mini-series or whatever, next year is tenth anniversary of TCW). However I also believe the "Siege of Mandalore" arc needs to be adapted into a comic miniseries because of SOD is a comic series.

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Has anyone here read the new Thrawn novel? I've got a potential spoiler but has to be asked here...
    So the book keeps alluding to Thrawn meeting with Anakin during the Clone Wars and working with him. And it refers to this period of his life as scouting for threats against his people, the Chiss. It wasn't confirmed in the novel, but it sounds like that could've been in what we've referred to as the untold Clone Wars arc about the Vong that we saw in Dave/Pablo TCW panels. Maybe Thrawn was working with Anakin to see what could be done about threats to the Republic or the Chiss respectively in regards to the Vong's appearance on the scene. I'm not getting any feedback from Pablo as of yet..