main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    If you have the opportunity, maybe watch the two episodes that occur (chronologically) before the film.

Unsolicited opinion: this show should be watched chronologically.

Edit: yeah, what J7Luke said! :cool:

Vader0706 and J7Luke like this.
  2. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Thanks for the info, everyone! Will probably start it sometime this month :)

J7Luke and darkspine10 like this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Why didn't Lego made another game for the remaining seasons? I'm currently playing and I'm having a blast but every clone wars games are set in the first 2 seasons, not that I find it boring or anything but beside Disney Infinity is there a Clone Wars game not set during season 1-2 ?

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    For Console? No I don't think so.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

You better believe it.

6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    JEALOUS!!!!!!!!! Lego Star Wars is the best game series.

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd watch 2003 up until Anakin gets knighted.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    That I can easily agree with.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Speaking of Clone Wars video games, I recently picked up Republic Heroes again. Nothing special from a game perspective, a fairly normal platformer, but its story is neat and it feels like it could easily have been its own 4-part arc in the show.

10. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Yes, whenever i rewatch the series i always rewatch the cinematics from the game, after i have watched the first season.

Other supplementary things one should check out while watching the series is "In Service of the Republic" comic, and "The Sith Hunters" comic, as they both tell a part of the TCW story.

J7Luke and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The Slaves of the Republic and Shipyards of Doom comics were good too from what I remember. Slaves of the Republic is particularly interesting because they adapted it into a story arc in Season 4.

J7Luke and TetsuAero like this.
  12. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Yes, Shipyards of Doom were partially made into the Citadel arc as well. Well, the carbonite freezing part at least, :)

J7Luke and Grievousdude like this.
  13. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    There was another TCW comic I remember reading where Ahsoka went podracing. Anyone know the name of that? I read quite a few of the TCW comics when they were printed in the Clone Wars magazine back in the day. (I had a subscription to the magazine and it was the highlight of my month whenever one came through the door back when I was like 12). Sadly I don't think I have them anymore but from 2008 to around 2013 that magazine was great.

J7Luke likes this.
  14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Maybe this?

J7Luke likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wasn't slaves of the Republic adapted into the Zygerria Arc?

J7Luke likes this.
  16. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    That's the one. I could remember the Ahsoka podracing part and the part with Ventress fighting the Jedi at the start but not much else. After they had finished reprinting Shipyards, Slaves and Crash Course they started doing original adventures. I remember one of those quite clearly too. It involved Anakin disgusting himself in a suit like Wat Tambor's to infiltrate a Separatist base. Obviously there was quite a bit of foreshadowing in that story. I think Anakin even says something like "How can someone stand living in a suit all their life?".

Wookieepedia has info some of these stories but a lot of them seem to be lost which is a shame.

MandaloreRex2015 and J7Luke like this.
  17. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

Were these the ones featured in the Clone Wars UK Magazine by any chance? I seem to recall that magazine had lots of original stories that you couldn't find anywhere outside the UK.

18. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Yes, Grievousdude just mentioned it :)
    I think it's a shame that those comics can only be read if you have those old magazines. Like the ones that appeared in the Rebels magazine, i hope they all get collected in a volume soon.

J7Luke likes this.
  19. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Yes that's the one. I think it might still be going too but it's been rebranded and is Rebels themed now.

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Going through the Geonosis arc again

what I would give to get the final 2 seasons or so

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I've recently rewatched TCW in the chronological order and while watching it, I've made a list of all the unanswered questions, of important events mentioned, but not showed, of unknown fates of important characters, etc. I took into account the six seasons of TCW, the two story reel arcs, as well as the SOD comic and the Dark Disciple novel.

Many of the questions on my list became unknown only after the old EU was reclassified into Legends, as plenty of those questions were previously answered in the 2003 CW series or in the old comics/novels. Still, in the new SG canon, we don't have definitive answers (at least to my knowledge) to these questions and they can all potentially be turned into future stories.

If I made a mistake somewhere or some of these questions were already answered in some stories, or by Pablo/Dave during some Celebration panel/tweet, please feel free to correct me. I made this list, cause I like when everything fits together continuity wise and I hope one day we will have the full story of TCW available, in one format or another.

And here's the list:

01 – How did Wat Tambor escape from Republic custody? (Imprisoned in The Jedi Who Knew Too Match Episode, but free in the Bad Batch Unfinished Episodes)
    02 – How did Aurra Sing escape custody between Episodes 307 & 122?
    03 – How and when did Count Dooku recruit General Grievous?
    04 – How and when did Asajj Ventress first met Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker?
    05 – How and when did Anakin Skywalker got his face scar?
    06 – When did Anakin Skywalker got knighted?
    07 – How and when did Boba Fett get the Slave I back from Hondo Ohnaka?
    08 – What happened to Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Commander Cody, ARC Trooper Echo and many other named Clones after TCW?
    09 – What was the favour Count Dooku did for Mother Talzin and when did he do it, during TCW or before? As a Jedi or as a Sith?
    10 – How and when did General Grievous first met Obi-Wan Kenobi?
    11 – Who are the Force wielders; where do they come from; are there any more of them; who knows of their existence and who is the Father talking about when he says there are those who would exploit them other than Sith? Is there a Mother?
    12 – What happened to Zillo beast’s carcass and did Palpatine successfully clone it?
    13 – Why did Chancellor Palpatine ordered Anakin back to Coruscant from Umbara? Did he knew about General Krell or was it just coincidence? Did Count Dooku knew about
    Krell?
    14 – When and how did General Krell fell to the Dark Side and who knew about it?
    15 – When and why did Pre Viszla and the Death Watch became enemies of Count Dooku?
    16 – What happened to Senator Lux Bonteri of Onderon after the Clone Wars?
    17 – What was the real objective of kidnapping Palpatine on Naboo during the Festival of Light?
    18 – Who put the bounty on Savage Opress and how did they knew where he was?
    19 – Was Palpatine somehow involved in framing Ahsoka?
    20 – What happened to Barriss Offee after she was captured?
    21 – How much did the Kaminoans knew about Order 66 and the Sith plan?
    22 – What happened to Rotta the Hutt after the Clone Wars?
    Hope some of these questions will spur some discussion and if anybody's interested, I also made a list of all the planets/moons/bases/etc. that appeared or were at least mentioned by name in the six seasons of TCW (and it's long).

J7Luke likes this.
  22. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    17. To make the Republic release the Separatist prisoners in their possesion
    21. Kaminoans thought the chips were used to make the clones kill rogue jedi who had fallen to the dark side

J7Luke likes this.
  23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    01 – How did Wat Tambor escape from Republic custody? (Imprisoned in The Jedi Who Knew Too Match Episode, but free in the Bad Batch Unfinished Episodes)

This was weird, it happened offscreen with no explanation. People were hoping for a Jailbreak arc at some point, where Tambor and Poggle escaped, but it never materialised, and Tambor just got out between eps.

02 – How did Aurra Sing escape custody between Episodes 307 & 122?

That's another weird one, as the whole point of Hostage Crisis is to break Ziro out of prison. The same prison that Aurra was imprisoned in two episodes chronologically before. Kind of defeats the point of Crisis.

07 – How and when did Boba Fett get the Slave I back from Hondo Ohnaka?

We most likely would have seen this in the currently unreleased Season 6 Bounty Hunter arc, when Boba gets his armour and becomes a true leader. It would make sense to have him recover Slave I at the same time, as he has it by the Vos/Ventress arc in Season 7.

08 – What happened to Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Commander Cody, ARC Trooper Echo and many other named Clones after TCW?

Cad Bane - would have appeared in the Bounty Hunter arc, mentoring Boba. Most likely killed by Boba at the end, as seen in the released stand-off clip.
    Aurra Sing - She would have also been in the Bount Hunter arc, but her role is basically unknown.
    Echo - He would have appeared as a member of the Bad Batch in the Season 7 Kashyyyk arc. Beyond that, Echo and the Batch's fate is unknown.

10 – How and when did General Grievous first met Obi-Wan Kenobi?

A complete mystery, never before shown in any media as far as I know.

11 – Who are the Force wielders; where do they come from; are there any more of them; who knows of their existence and who is the Father talking about when he says there are those who would exploit them other than Sith? Is there a Mother?

I think they are just ancient beings, who were incredibly strong in the force. As for exploiting them, I think it stems from their immense power. As the Father says, too much light or dark would be the undoing of life itself, and their powers could be easily co-opted by anyone who's after power. There must have been a Mother at some point, though she's never been directly mentioned. I did always find it interesting that in the arc right before Mortis, we were introduced to a mysterious, powerful Mother though, one who has a variety of unique force skills, including tapping the forehead to remove memories, just like the father. Yeah, Talzin might be the Mother. :p

13 – Why did Chancellor Palpatine ordered Anakin back to Coruscant from Umbara? Did he knew about General Krell or was it just coincidence? Did Count Dooku knew about Krell?

Krell hasn't been outed as a dark sider yet, so I doubt that Dooku or Sidious know that he's turned yet. I think Anakin being called back was just a coincidence, but maybe Palpatine sensed something in Krell and wanted to give him a chance to reveal himself.

15 – When and why did Pre Viszla and the Death Watch became enemies of Count Dooku?

That likely occurred due to Death Watch's failure in Duchess of Mandalore to defeat Satine and overthrow the planet. Without a Republic intervention, Death Watch would have no influence, so the Separatists couldn't use them to invade. So Dooku must have given Vizsla his scar offscreen due to his failure.

17 – What was the real objective of kidnapping Palpatine on Naboo during the Festival of Light?

Maybe it was for an early test of Anakin, like the Invisible Hand scenario, only Obi-Wan managed to interfere with this one.

18 – Who put the bounty on Savage Opress and how did they knew where he was?

Probably the Republic or Separatists, Savage seems to be independent, and both sides likely want him removed.

19 – Was Palpatine somehow involved in framing Ahsoka?

No, it was all Barriss. Palpatine had nothing to do with the bombing.

21 – How much did the Kaminoans knew about Order 66 and the Sith plan?

Enough to know that they needed to implant the chips in the Clone's brains to enact Order 66, but not the identity of Tyranus, or that he was a Sith or Separatist.

J7Luke, MandaloreRex2015 and MrDarth0 like this.
  24. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

17 - That may well have been what Dooku said to the other Separatists, but we (and Dooku) know that Palpatine is Sidious and is in on the plan. Heck, he probably came up with the plan. Which also means the plan to kidnap the Chancellor is doomed to failure from the very beginning. Palpatine can't afford to be kidnapped by the Separatists. That could undermine his position as Supreme Chancellor. The entire thing probably was another test for Anakin, but even if he would fail, Palpatine would still somehow manage to "escape" IMO. Thou I wonder if Palpatine truly believed that Obi-Wan is dead.

21 - Interesting theory, I like it. Is there any official source confirming it?

25. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

First off, thx for your answers.

01 & 02 - Yeah, the unseen escapes from Republic prisons always bothered me, especially when you watch the episodes in chronological order. At least we have the explanation how Poggle escaped in the Catalyst novel. And I find the image of Krennic speaking Geonosian incredibly funny :)

07 - Totally forgot Boba already has Slave I in Dark Disciple. Good to know he had his full uniform and ship by the end of TCW.

08 - I saw the clip with Cad and Boba shooting each other, but I wish Pablo or Dave would clarify whether Cad Bane survived or not, thou I guess they want to save the answer in case they even decide to use Bane again.

15 - Nice explanation.

17 - Makes you wonder thou what would Palpatine do if both Anakin and Obi-Wan failed, especially when Palpatine probably truly believed that Obi-Wan is dead.

18 - Probably, but still doesn't explain how they knew where he was.

19 - True about the bombing, but I think Palpatine immediately jumped on the opportunity to get rid of Ahsoka, as she was a pretty big obstacle in his plans with Anakin. Palpatine was probably the one who appointed Tarkin as Ahsoka's judge.

21 - But how was the purpose of the chips explained to them in the first place? Or did they even care? From the Order 66 story arc, I got the impression that Kaminoans knew or at least suspected a lot about the ultimate purpose of the Clone army, but simply didn't care as long as they were paid.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.