main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I assumed Krell just made this up. He probably thought that he would have driven the Republic from Umbara before Anakin even got back to Coruscant. Then he would go straight to Dooku before the Republic had a chance to do anything about it. As far as I know, we don't have any idea how long it would take to get from Umbara to Coruscant, so I don't think my theory is unreasonable.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    He didn't. It makes no sense for him to make up something that can be debunked within minutes. Anakin is friends with Palpatine and he simply called him up for another chat. Meanwhile, we get to follow a story with Krell, Rex & Co.

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Finally, the Animated Origins and Unexpected Fates panel WITH images.

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  5. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I rewatched the Bane VS Boba clip and paused it when both fell down. If you look closely you can see the same smoke that's coming from Boba's helmet coming out of Bane and it looks to be from his head. So if that's the case then Bane is dead from a headshot delivered by Boba.

Considering he's based on Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and I guess Boba is Clint Eastwood in this case it would only make sense for him to go down in a gunfight that looks like a scene directly lifted from that film right down to the fast editing and closeup of their eyes (or where Boba would see through the helmet I guess in his case) before they draw. You could almost hear The Good, The Bad and the Ugly music playing in the background.

As cool as it would have been to see Bane in Rebels or a live action film having him die around the time of the Clone Wars makes sense. He and Jango were said to be the best bounty hunters in the galaxy and Jango is gone so Bane is part of that old guard (If you look Bane up on Wookieepedia his birth year is listed as 73 BBY so he's already older then we think by the time of Clone Wars roughly in his 40s I think) and the arc was supposed to be about him teaching Boba the ropes. Pass on what he's learned to Boba before there's a betrayal that would end in this fight and Boba winning and earning his reputation that his father and Bane had as the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. If he could take Bane out despite his young age then it's obvious he's not a guy to mess with.

What's more curious though is Boba is more sympathetic here. He was never as ruthless as Bane sure but he would do what needed to be done in order to get a job finished even if it involved death but I don't know if that stretched to innocents or not. Was Boba a noble character in legends? I'm not very familiar with much of his story all I know is he escaped the Sarlacc and became a teacher to Jaina.

J7Luke and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm still of the belief this arc has just been co-opted as a part of, or the entire plot of, a live action film centered on Boba Fett. The character has way too much money making potential for
    Disney to not do something with him. A feature length cartoon with TCW or Rebels style animation would be possible too, but it's not like they have to replace a major actor from the OT to make it and most of the supporting cast (Bane, Aura, Embo, etc) would be able to be cast with all unknowns if cost were a factor for live action. I can't believe we won't see this, some way, some how, sometime.

J7Luke likes this.
  7. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Another thing I noticed again about the clip is that Marrock and Embo drop a knife and a blaster on the ground. The weapons seem to be Sugi's which indicates to me she may have been killed. We know she has a family. A sister and a niece who's in the Aftermath Trilogy and whom was inspired by Sugi to pursue a life in the galaxy as a bounty hunter and ended up with Sugi's debts. So when do you think she left on her own and did Sugi die in this arc?

Also the blaster Sugi has is an EE-3 carbine rifle. The same rifle Boba would adopt later in his career. Could Sugi's be the same one he uses in the original trilogy in memory of her? All the more reason why hopefully someday soon we need to see this arc. Even if it's in these incomplete animatics I don't mind. So long as it's voiced and we get the basic idea of what's happening. And this story is canon like all the other ones.

8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Reading about some of the unfinished TCW episodes its a shame it got canceled as it sounds like the show was riding that stride very well.

Larsonator, J7Luke and cwustudent like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I was most looking forward to Boba Fett vs Cad Bane, Rex and R2, Bad Batch 2 and Seige of Mandalore

iPodwithnomusic and J7Luke like this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I am intrigued by the siege of Mandalore since it would have entered into the films time period.

Feels like a loss to not see this on screen.

Its a shame there couldn't be a flashback episode of rebels where they showed it but i suspect they wouldn't do that since it wouldn't involve any of the new rebels characters.

MandaloreRex2015 and J7Luke like this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011

Around 21:00
    "I think Dave Filoni wants to do something special with some of the stories he never got a chance to tell." -Pablo Hidalgo
    Please, let this happen. [face_praying]

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The tenth anniversary is next year...

13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    About the Vong arc, he said they would have been different from the books, more mysterious, and that they met Jedi. (26:00)

Watto, MandaloreRex2015 and J7Luke like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also they probably would not have been force immune

J7Luke likes this.
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking 5X Wacky Wednesday & 4x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if...

that's the incident that Thrawn mentioned when he told Palpatine that he knew Anakin in the Thrawn novel.

Watto, J7Luke and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    So she's playing a character in season 4. No, I don't think they'll resurrect Satine.

19. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    Thank you so much for sharing that. I got all sad remembering that show and thinking of all the stuff we never got to see. Side note: I would give anything to have the ability to make voices like that.

20. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    So I just watched the TCW movie again for the first time in a while. I still don't get why people don't like this. Back when it came out it cinemas I was even more obsessed with it than I was with TFA when that came out and I saw it on my birthday a few days after it came out.

Some random thoughts/observations

It's amazing how far TCW's animation came along in retrospect. Rex and the other Clones faces look noticeably better animated later on. The animation here still holds up pretty well though IMO.

Christopher Lee and Samuel Jackson voice Mace Windu and Count Dooku again which is nice. It was actually a bit weird for me though because I'm so used to hearing Corey Burton and the guy that did Windu's voice on the show.

The Battle of Christophsis and the Battle of Teth are still awesome to watch. I really love the epic music that plays in the beginning of Christophsis in particular.

Obi-Wan having tea with Loathsom is still very amusimg.

Nice to see R4 being able to defend herself from the Jawas outside Jabba' s Palace. It's a shame she didn't do the same in ROTS.

Gree and R2-KT's brief appearance is nice.

I know some people don't like it but I find the Droid humour throughout TCW quite funny when it occurs. My favourite instances of it in the movie are Rex confusing the Droids by telling them they're outnumbered which causes a Droid to actually start counting the difference between them and droid that annoys Ventress causing her to throw it off the edge.

One thing that does bug me slightly in the movie is the scene where Ventress forces Rex to contact Anakin. In the novel version Rex is faking it but in the movie it looks like Ventress mind tricks him. This seems to imply that Rex is weak minded since as we know mind tricks only work on the weak minded which I strongly disagree with. I don't think Filoni intended it but the implication is there.

It's interesting seeing Ventress in this before her character got interesting. At this point she's just a minion of Dooku but knowing what happens to her later on in the series makes her part in the movie more interesting than it was before.

Gha Nackht who later kidnaps R2 in Downfall of a Droid can be seen in the background of Ziro's Palace. I never noticed that before.

Has Rotta ever been mentioned again in any material after his other appearance in the episode with Chairman Paponida? He seems to have been forgotten about.

The most important thing in the movie is that this scene is so emotional knowing what happens with Ahsoka in Rebels. It really got to me when watching it. 00:30-1:10

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean it's pretty bad. I'm long over my hangups about Ahsoka from back then, but I still recognize that it's a pretty shoddy excuse of official Star Wars material.

There were a lot of growing pains in S1, and most of their roots are evident in the movie.

22. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    this TCW movie is so weird
    why Ashoka is half-naked almost all the time? where's her uniform?
    it is so disturbing.

23. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    It was a steep learning curve for the studio, but they started learning quite soon after the movie had been released :)

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

To my knowledge, those are Rotta's only appearances.

I have the feeling that Lucasfilm would prefer if people would forget about him. It makes Jabba look silly and it potentially creates continuity problems.

But I wouldn't mind if Rotta would appear in some book or comic, or even in Rebels. It would be fun if Rotta would appear in TLJ or Ep. IX, but I don't think Lucasfilm wants to go there :)

Snafu55, MandaloreRex2015 and J7Luke like this.
  25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Indeed. Though still a little shaky, the Ryloth trilogy and Hostage Crisis showed how far they had already come by the end of S1.

MandaloreRex2015 and TetsuAero like this.