main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Well that's what I mean. He was a sheep.

2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    It's funny really he was always loyal to his master who was planning to replace him all along.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wouldn't say he was loyal because he didn't want to use Ventress to kill him and then after he betrayed her he wanted to use Savage to do it. He might of tried to use Vos for the same reason but I forget

4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Dooku decided to betray Palpatine and turn the Clone Wars into a real war with two sides instead of a puppet play run by one man.

What if Dooku would stop taking orders from Palpatine and instead start running the war in a way so Confederacy could actually win. Would Grievous stay loyal to him or Sidious? Would the Separatist Council be more afraid of him or Sidious?

Dooku knew plenty of Republic secrets and most importantly, he could have released the information and evidence about Palpatine being a Sith to the Jedi.

I think Dooku could have taken out Palpatine or at least seriously damaged his plans if he would want to, but for some reason he was just too damn loyal to Palpatine. Personally, I blame Dooku's Jedi background for this. Despite becoming a Sith, there were some things, like loyalty to your master/Order that he couldn't get rid of on a subconscious level at least.

MandaloreRex2015 and J7Luke like this.
  5. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    If he challenged Palpatine he knew he would have been destroyed much like Maul was, so he had to stay loyal. His loyalty led to his death though, so he was screwed ever since he became a Sith, he just didn't know it.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

How exactly would Palpatine destroy him?

I assume that if Dooku would decide to betray Palpatine he would plan in advance. Like hide his location from Palpatine and immediately send all the information he had about Palpatine/Sidious to the Jedi Temple.

The Jedi know that Dooku is a Sith, so he has nothing to loose by revealing his Master's identity and hiding places on Coruscant. Even if the Jedi Order would be suspicions of trusting Dooku, hopefully they wouldn't be completely idiotic and at least investigate.

Dooku's greatest weakness was his loyalty to Palpatine. Very un-Sith like, which is why he had to die.

J7Luke and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well he was always just a useful tool to Sidious unlike Maul and Vader who he actually had no plans on killing

8. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Remember Palpatine is a master of deception. If he even suspected betrayal this would happen.

9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    The trans-galactic Force Choke is undeniably badass, but it makes you wonder how Sidious still has enemies in the galaxy when he has that capability.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Perhaps you have to see them in some form to choke them

J7Luke and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Sidious and Tyrannus are closely connected through the force as master and apprentice. Sidious can't do it willy-nilly, otherwise Kanan and Ezra, for example, would be dead.
    I would imagine Sith Apprentices share an even closer bond in the force to their masters than that between jedi, as the hatred and jealously of the apprentice towards their master would be incredible - leading to easy exploitation by the master. The Master is also always probing the mind of the apprentice for traitorous secrets or ambitions.
    On the flip side the Jedi have higher morals and a master would not infringe upon the privacy of the student as long as the student isn't thinking dangerously. This would create a weaker bond, though one based around respect.

for reference:

MandaloreRex2015 and Loth-cat like this.
  12. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I don't know the forum's policy on leaked toy images that does not pertain to TLJ. But nevertheless, a Lego set with General Grievous with his Combat Speeder from TCW will be released this winter.

13. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

I always assumed you have to see the person to be able to Force choke them. Even Vader in the ESB had to call Admiral Ozzel before he could choke him, even thou they were on the same ship and Vader's mediation chamber was not very far from the bridge.

So all Dooku would have to do to protect himself is to stop picking up Palpatine's calls :)

J7Luke likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think it's simpler than that- I think the person doing the choking just needs to know where the person they're chocking is. And Palps has eyes and ears everywhere- he can easily keep tabs on Dooku if need be, but simply calling him makes things a lot easier for him. :p

Grievousdude and cwustudent like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think thats just a bit to OP for my tastes.

J7Luke likes this.
  16. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
  17. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Going back to the topic of Palpatine did he know about Grievous and Ventress's attack on Kamino? If they had succeeded, it would of given the Separatists a major advantage in the Clone Wars and messed with his plans a bit.

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    whether the Separatists or the Republic won the war was irrelevant to Sidious - he controlled them both. If the Separatists captured Kamino it would have pressured the Republic to send more Jedi into battle, likely to their deaths. Palpatine's goal with the Clone Wars was to weaken the Jedi Order and then call in Order 66 at the war's end to eliminate them as a threat to the sith's hegemony.

19. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

I disagree.

Palpatine never wanted the Confederacy to win. The Clone Wars were there to weaken the Republic, to give the Supreme Chancellor more executive and emergency powers, to destroy the public image of the Jedi Order and spread the Jedi across the galaxy, so they would be isolated when Order 66 comes, and to weaken the large galactic corporations, so it would be easy to nationalise them and use their resources and infrastructure to build the military of the Empire. Plus the Clone Wars were also undermining the public's trust in the democratic process, so when the time came, most people welcomed the transformation into the Empire, which promised quick action, stability and order.

The Confederacy were just a scapegoat from the very beginning, even if they didn't realize it and thought they're fighting a real war.

20. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
  21. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    ^it got deleted due to glitch (they reaploaded it)

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think that message has shown up twice so far this year - in March and June, IIRC. Maybe the contract has to be renewed every three months.

J7Luke likes this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Interesting tidbit on the last Clone Wars Conversations with Matt Lanter about Anakin in TCW vs movie Anakin.

Vizzy91 and J7Luke like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It only started this year though and has been on Netflix since 14

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I suppose like the other times, they will renew it again. Nothing to worry about.