main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Guys. You are being bated. Stop engaging.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Whatever. Everyone's entitled to their OPINIONS. The argument was brought on because ImNotAStarWarsFanboy questioned why this particular thread is still growing strong. Maybe it's because there are quite a handful of people in this forum who really enjoyed it and continue to enjoy talking about it on re-watches.

Meanwhile, it's been about five years or so since the last time I've seen any of the three PT movies; but that's for a different thread.

J7Luke likes this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Let's not start accusing people of baiting just because you don't like what they say.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hey we're all allowed to have fun every once in a while right?
    Savage was king. Obi Wan was a caricature of his film self and JAT overacted for most of the show. Matt Lanter's characterization of Anakin is barely reconcilable with the films. DBB could never really nail Temeura Morrison's accent but the few named clones we got were alright. Ahsoka suffered a bit from being Filoni's pet but otherwise had a good arc. Dooku was lame evil villain. Grievous was lame evil villain. Cad Bane was lame evil villain. Maul actually got some character so yay. Everyone else was forgettable.

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    ^ AND THAT'S A GOOD THING (read my signature)

fett 4 and J7Luke like this.
  7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017

DarthTalgus and J7Luke like this.
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

Outsourced likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Are you trying to get banned? Since admitting to baiting is a good way to get the mods on your bad side.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I may love SW, but it's ok to hate or dislike the PT.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You don't care for continuity?

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I thought Anakin's characterization in TCW was completely deliberate. It is a time where he's not plagued by visions of someone he loves dying and he married the woman he obsessed over for years. I think it was time to show a less broody young man and to help him, why not give him a padawan to help him grow up? (didn't end up well though) I think his personality is pretty much in line with the first half of RotS or at least before he had the visions. The show also emphasizes his darker side (especially when his attachments are threatened).

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Of course I do. Continuity relating to the story that Anakin needs reasons to disagree with the Jedi Council leading up to his transformation in ROTS. That's really where TCW fit in - far more than the prior two movies - for his character. I won't even get into my feelings about Lanter's Anakin vs. Christensen's; because that would only open up a whole can of worms.

J7Luke likes this.
  14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Why didn't they try to cast someone who at least sounds a bit like Hayden if they were going for the heroic characterization

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Lol. It’s also okay to like the PT.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    And it's ok to like TCW; especially in this thread.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean I would hope so since you know it is the main TCW thread.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  19. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    TCW wasn't just good. It was AWESOME! It expanded the SW lore, the number of its characters and the depth of them in a way that was, at least for me, totally unexpected. I never cared much for novels or even comics, and my knowledge of the "expanded universe" was minimal. So I started to watch TCW with some curiosity mixed with "I see, they're milking the cow to death now, are they?".

Then I became addicted.

I won't compare it to Rebels because that isn't allowed (a shame, but as I understand it such comparisons atract the trolls). But I will say that I'm loving Rebels too. Maybe it is because last Christmas I got the blu ray editions of seasons 1, 2 and 3 and by binge watching them I came to realize it all works as a continuous story of a limited group of characters. Have no idea how it will end, because both Kanan and Ezra now must die or in any other way be gone (disapear) from the Rebellion and altogether the Galaxy, but so far so good, I'm in for the ride and can't wait for the second part of this last Season.

DBPirate, Larsonator, J7Luke and 3 others like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    When Rebels first began, I got into arguments within the forum because I just didn't see it as a worthwhile successor to TCW. But it's grown on me; certainly to the point where I'm looking forward to upcoming episodes being released on tv. TCW was special in that even if, for whatever the reason, you absolutely despised Ahsoka, you could still enjoy a vast number of episodes and arcs that had really nothing to do with her; some had very little to do with any Jedi whatsoever. To date, TCW is really the best "EU" that is still cannonized.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ha that was me. Although I don't despise her.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    There were a handful in here that I got into arguments about. But it should be ancient history.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You never know a new user could come along not liking Ahsoka. :p although the people who do not like her are few and far between.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that's what I've been saying for awhile now. And frankly I think it's pretty lame for a newbie to come into the forum just to talk about how much they hate Ahsoka. At this point in the game she's a relatively unimportant character. Even I'll admit to that.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Indeed. I was just saying.