main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    After rewatching this trailer about a dozen times, sobbing throughout each viewing of it, and now putting a bit of time from that, I can definitively say this is a bigger moment for me than when I first watched The Force Awakens trailer. "Chewie, we're home" ain't nothing compared to "...until now" and "Hello Master, it's been a while." This was the Star Wars I grew up with, that stuck with me when there were no movies coming out and aged alongside me. And it's coming back. I feel so privileged to be a Star Wars fan living in this era.

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think that Ashoka arcs it. I just checked the clone wars legacy at the wookiepedia site and it makes sense. They have 13 arcs of 4 episode each arc left. The ones that matter really are the Ashoka ones. It also coincides with next year having the joe books animation adaption of the Ashoka episodes being released in the fall. That was scheduled to come this year but it has been quietly moved to next year near fall.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    George not heorge. I really should stop doing this on my phone.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I won't lie. I felt like this when I was watching the TCW Trailer pulling back from the helmets and hearing presumably Rex's voice over.
    [​IMG]

To be honest I was always just barely into Star Wars until this show came along.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    did we get the ARC-170s in Season 5/6, or was it just the Z-95s?

Jedi Knight Fett and Snafu55 like this.
  6. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Here’s to Anakin in IX.

I practically cried when I saw the trailer. And an awesome trailer it is.

7. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I've seen some people say the sequence in the trailer with the character from the Bad Batch isn't from the story reels of the same name. I just watched the beginning of "A Distant Echo" and it's identical to that sequence from the trailer. Looks like the 12 eps we get may be the finished story reels and SOM after all

8. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    We've actually seen ARC-170's since season 2 in the zillo beast arc...
    But, they've fought besides Z:95's since the Umbara arc in season 4-6.
    But, I feel the Z-95's are being phased out because the episdes (the Banking Clan arc?) they appeared in during season 6 had been made much earlier and were cut from being put in season 5.

9. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    One thing I'll be curious about is whether this is picking up the series again anew like Arrested Development currently is or whether they're limited to just finishing what they never got to produce. Will it just be these 12 episodes? Will they do the other scripted episodes? Will they continue in areas they hadn't even planned? Considering the fact that they have the concluding Mandalore Arc among these 12, I assume this will be the final season. But it would be interesting if it goes beyond that.

10. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Lucas had talked about 8 seasons IIRC. So maybe 2 seasons?

Since it’s streaming service, they can be 39-48 minutes or whatever. I’m hoping 44-48. So then we’d be getting the equivalent of 24 episodes. And we can fit the 9 unproduced Ventress/Vos and Dathomir episodes. These unproduced scripts don’t have to be filmed to be canon, as they’re already canon in the form of a novel and 4 comics. But as they were intended to be seen in audiovisual format, I’m hoping they get filmed. Or at least referenced. Or both.

Tanjint and kalzeth like this.
  11. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    Uhh, guys from what I read on wikipedia, the Disney Streaming service won't launch till Fall 2019: "The service was announced in August 2017, and is scheduled to begin service in fall 2019 using BAMTech technology."

So we might not see this new season for a year or so...
    I'm suspecting they're going to slowly give us more and more info as the year goes on. But, they're going to put Resistance as the forefront for this year. I'm kinda thinking this was a side idea too (even though it appears they've been planning and working on it for a while). As Resistance is set to hit Disney XD this fall... yet we still somehow know less than that than they these 12 new episodes of the clone wars which are very far from launch.

12. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    13?

Well, I thought 9, 5 for Dark Disciple and 4 for Son of Dathomir. But after revisiting Wookieepedia, I see there were 4, then 8 TV episodes that became DD, and that 4 that became SOD, and the novel DD. So is this the 13 of Legacy?

So if we combine 2 episodes into 1, we can have 6 episodes of 44 minutes, more or less since we won’t need 12 opening narrations. So that would be half of S7 if LFL goes for longer episodes and if they get made. Maybe LFL won’t make them, though.

13. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Would be funny if Filoni was playing the long game with the Rebels. Like "Hey guys let's set an episode on Anaxes" and "You know what would be good for Sabine...to go to Mandalore" until four seasons later..."You know we have all these assets that coincidentally line up with some of what I never got to make in The Clone Wars..."

14. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    It’s good if things aren’t rushed.

Filoni is the Son of Suns. Or at least of Lucas.

15. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Bravo, Filoni, bravo. That is all.

16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Turns out that the shot of the gunship landing on Anaxes is indeed a re-use of some animation from the Bad Batch arc. It's from the very start of A Distant Echo, and has the exact same gunship landing and everything.

However, the end of the scene is different, Anakin and the group are standing in a different order. In A Distant Echo the order from left to right is Anakin, Rex, Hunter, while the new trailer has it Rex, Anakin, Hunter. Additionally, the characters are talking, not just walking forwards, and there's no pan up to show the Venators.

So while it's likely a reuse of animation for the intro, the rest is clearly different. So this isn't a case of just completing The Bad Batch, but it taking some nice animation they'd already done a lot of work for and re-purposing it for this new set of eps.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Tanjint, podjazd, RaptorMusic and 2 others like this.
  17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah, I kind of owe an apology to all of those people. I think I said on more than one occasion, "Give it up, Clone Wars is long in the past, it's not coming back." I mean, of all the long shots, this is one of the longest. I just didn't think there was ANY chance of this happening, which just makes it all the more exciting!

Tanjint, V-2, podjazd and 6 others like this.
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Those kind of changes can happen between animatics and final. It's going to be the Bad Batch arc finished up.

19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Hope so. Looking forward to more Anakin in this revival as well.

20. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    But the tone of the scene is entirely changed. There's no large fleet at all in the animatic, the scene is a dialogue moment, which is a ditched in this trailer as none of the characters are speaking.

I mean, it's possible they set up the end of the shot just to provide a trailer moment, but that would seem like an odd use of work just for a few seconds that aren't even in the finished product. It's still possible that Bad Batch is coming out, but it just seems an odd choice to me, when the other Ahsoka eps would take about the same amount of work, and more directly link to the Siege of Mandalore.

Tanjint and RaptorMusic like this.
  21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If so, I do hope they finish off the Utapau arc as well. Always wanted to see that one in full animation.

Tanjint and podjazd like this.
  22. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Very excited by all of this! The Kashyyyk and Boba / Cad arc would be very interesting to see materialize. Not sure how likely that is, though.

revan772 likes this.
  23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It's really awesome to hear from the Generation of Star Wars fans that were introduced to SW with the PT & TCW. I often wonder how this group of fans feel about seeing the OT after watching TCW & if they see a difference.

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m a Hayden fan, but TCW Anakin is my favorite incarnation of the character, and my favorite SW character hands down. They handled his aggression, pain and foreshadowing so well. Looking forward to see how they handle him in these remaining episodes.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's my guess. Utapau (4 ep), Bad Batch (4 ep) and Mandalore (4 ep?).

Sandtrooper956 likes this.