main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I never said say they didn't flow fine (edit: apparently I said they never animated at all whoops), I'm just saying the clothing simulation/animation looks more realistic in this trailer then it did in the series.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    My point is that the animation of the robes is not any different from before.

Jedi Knight Fett and Jesta' like this.
  3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I just watched a couple scenes from seasons 4 and 5, and I'd have to disagree. They were not that smooth.

Palpatine when he goes to confront Maul is about the closest they get.

teamhansolo and Seerow like this.
  4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I hope was see the Jedi Council gathered In these episode
    It could be a good indicator about who they planned change out when.
    Just to compare the members from the lost missions to the end of the series.

I already mentioned Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar.
    Adi Gallia is already dead but we never got to see Stass Allie.
    Oppo Ranccissis is still hanging around. Not exactly sure who replaces him in the new canon.
    Then there is the curious case of the missing Depa Billaba. I heard they were originally planning to kill her off in the Utapau arc, but with that gone she could very well be on the council in the last episode.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    Filoni said long before the Clone Wars cancelled that his team had already made animation designs for Stass Allie when Adi Gallia died. I'd think they did the same for Agen Kolar too. It's just them digging those up now.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  6. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I'm so excited ! I just heard the news that TCW is coming back, and I absolutely can't wait to watch the trailer!

RaptorMusic and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  7. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    MOD EDIT: Image contained disallowed language.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2018
    Bowen, podjazd, RaptorMusic and 9 others like this.
  8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I should say for the record, that I hope we don't get any Sabercopters or Giant Force Dogs ...

9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I know about Stass Allie. I was simply pointing out that we haven't seen her yet.
    I wonder if they have a voice actors for them? [face_thinking]
    Just wondering is all. :)

Snafu55 likes this.
  10. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Well, we now know she's with her padawan in the field during Order 66, so they can't exactly kill her early anymore.

11. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    Anyone think that if this is going to be used as a litmus test to see if Lucasfilm will revisit the Prequel era? I'm sure Disney wanted to distance itself from the prequel era and have since realized they made a mistake. If this series is successful, we could see the Jedi Purge of Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi. We may also see more stories about Palpatine/Sidious and Darth Plagueis. That is some rich material which I hope Disney will visit in this new canon.

If this is a litmus test, I have no doubt that Disney will be blown away by the fan response!

RaptorMusic likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    What's there to revisit in the Prequel era?

13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    these guys

[​IMG]

Tanjint, Bowen, podjazd and 2 others like this.
  14. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Huh? There's been a bunch of stuff in and around the Prequel era. Dark Disciple, Son of Dathomir, Darth Maul, Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu, Kanan, etc. The new Thrawn novel even takes place partly during the Clone Wars. Not to mention how The Last Jedi brought in aspects of the Prequels as main plot points.

We already are in the current Darth Vader ongoing.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Considering all of the otherwise important stories that the new episodes would cover (like SOM); I wonder if Barriss' character would make a comeback at some point. It's easy just to say that she rotted away in jail at the end of the clone wars and was simply executed; but there still leaves that slight possibility that Palpatine could've found some use for her after all. By now we've all see Luminara's fate as shown during Rebels' Season One. I remember there was as least some discussion that Barriss could've been the one to not only capture but execute her former Master.

RaptorMusic and Snafu55 like this.
  16. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    That's a pretty interesting idea actually. Like if she was Ventress' padawan or something....

BTW I watched the trailler and it was so AWESOME! I am incredibly excited. TCW was one of my favorite TV shows of all time.
    This was my reaction on hearing the news. :eek:[face_hypnotized]:)[face_dancing][face_party][face_laugh]8-}[face_love]

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well at that point, Ventress really didn't want to have anything to do with the Jedi or the Sith; she only ran around with Ahsoka briefly in the underworld of Coruscant because they shared a sort of kindred spirit. You remember how little she thought of the young Boba.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    This comes at a time in which it is needed.

It is no surprise here that some of the fan base is quite disatisfied with certain decisions made for the ST era. Though plenty of those people still continue to love the PT era. So it's nice to see Disney interested enough in the PT world to continue to see adventures in that era on screen.

I would love if Disney takes it even steps further in giving us pre-RoTJ content. Such as eventually finishing all of TCW over the years. I think that would be an incentive leading to more popularity of Disneys streaming service.

They could also go the routes of pre-TCW material. Their is so little in the new canon in the 10yr gap between TPM and AoTC and in the years preceding TPM.

Of course the Old Republic is just asking to be allowed into the new continuity.

Tanjint, RaptorMusic and teamhansolo like this.
  19. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Yeah, I know. I didn't specifically mean Sith, just dark side. Like if Ventress trained her to be a bounty hunter that uses the dark side, and they team up and go on missions.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Would be an interesting side story. You probably know how I feel about the female characters in SW :)

Tanjint, RaptorMusic and teamhansolo like this.
  21. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think when it comes to prequel content its worth thinking about it in a more realistic way. its gonna come down to what is there to tell and in what media? and is it worth telling those stories? will there be an audience? there are already like several eras also.

This is like season 7 of Clone wars which is already ahead of the other eras really.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    These 12 episodes will be new, Ashoka's journey to siege of mandolore. They could animate the 8 episodes later, if those 12 are succesfull and popular.
    Ps. Love The Return of Clone Wars.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just some reaction compilation videos to share.
    #NOTJUSTALITTLEKIDSSHOW

24. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Could be. The reality is that this is being done as part of the Disney streaming service to juice the interest in the TCW back catalogue of 121 eps and the movie. So doing it as efficiently and money saving makes the most sense. Doing 3x4 parts arcs the only one of which is "new" would be Siege of Mandalore which likely had about the least work done outside the scripts and cast recordings since as of the end of Season 5 it was 3 years away from airing.

Personally I hope they fit more arcs in by condensing them. I think Son of Dathomir even in 2 parts would be a key story.

Tons of things if you mean in the sense of the specific ethic of a pre-Empire galaxy. This basically goes back 1000 years to the formation of that iteration of the Republic.

They never did distance themselves from the prequels. Quite the opposite but the place they wanted to mine from the start was obviously the OT imagery that is the most well known. If anything while using the OT imagery a lot they've actually drawn in every other way far closer to the PT era as an ethic as seen in R1 and Solo and especially TLJ (though I'd say that is a faulty mirror-look of how they worked).

Bowen and TadoFett like this.
  25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Jeremy Jahns has done an interesting video on this subject

Snafu55 likes this.