main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bananakin

Bananakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2003
    I'm looking forward the the 3D animated series, but I don't get what exactly they're going to feature. Haven't most of the major battles already been shown in the first two Clone Wars? Are they going to come up with new battles? Show old ones in a new light? In any case, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    There is probably many more stories to tell, many more battles to see, new characters to learn about, and old characters to learn more about. It will probably also go in more depth about battles, charcters, etc. After all the Clone Wars was a three year war and the episodes for the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series are going to be full length 30 minute episodes instead of 3 or 12 minutes like in the original Clone Wars Animated Micro-Series.

CoolyFett likes this.
  3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I'll admit there is a lot of stuff in the clone wars, but if you realize 99% of it is about Anakin and Obi-Wan, and most of the rest going to established Jedi/bad guys, there still is a lot of goals.

Like, how did the technology change from episodes 2 to 3? The cartoon didn't hep, (even though that was one of it's main jobs)so what happend to all the old ships? And at some point some Clone troopers had to be wearing the old uniforms while others wore the new.

Plus, I think more of the war was fought by volunteers than people think. After all, the Kamino guy said "We 200,000 now, and a million more well n the way." That's not nearly enough to fight a galaxy wide war. Not even including cooks, transport pilots, occupational forces, etc... or the fact it takes ten years to make a clone and a few hours to make a droid.

finally, he may have meant that he make a 3-d cartoon like Clone Wars. He could have been using the CLone Wars cartoon as a referance because it is the only Star Wars cartoon modern fans would now. Besides he could always change his mind about the subject matter.

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    No it is going to be the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series and it is coming out in Fall 2007. There is probably many more stories to tell, many more battles to see, new characters to learn about, and old characters to learn more about. It will probably also go in more depth about battles, charcters, etc. After all the Clone Wars was a three year war and the episodes for the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series are going to be full length 30 minute episodes instead of 3 or 12 minutes like in the original Clone Wars Animated Micro-Series. I guess GL could change his mind but I doubt it. Good points though. I also have an idea on how to connect the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series and the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series. They could show what some of the characters of the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series were doing during the Clone Wars.

CoolyFett likes this.
  5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    They could do other characters with other stories so there shouldn't be a problem.

CoolyFett likes this.
  6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    There is probably many more stories to tell, many more battles to see, new characters to learn about, and old characters to learn more about. It will probably also go in more depth about battles, charcters, etc. After all the Clone Wars was a three year war and the episodes for the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series are going to be full length 30 minute episodes instead of 3 or 12 minutes like in the original Clone Wars Animated Micro-Series. I guess GL could change his mind but I doubt it. Good points though. I also have an idea on how to connect the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series and the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series. They could show what some of the characters of the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series were doing during the Clone Wars.

CoolyFett likes this.
  7. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Well i wouldn't mind a connection between the two series, though i think they should not make it where it's confusing people who may only watch one of the shows.

CoolyFett likes this.
  8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes maybe you are right or they could give backround information on the characters in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series during the Live Action Series

9. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    I was mainly was supporting more cllone wars. Just trying to make people consider other posibilities.

I would like to see the transition from AOTC to ROTS tech, how Cody and Kenobi met and more millitia and volunteer based stuff.

CoolyFett likes this.
  10. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes that would be good.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I would love to see Dark Horse comics, have tie-in comics with the tv cartoon series, a la new He-Man or Transformers.

12. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Although the majority of the Clone Wars show was on Obiwan/Anakin, there was so much other stuff in the comics and books and games. I really think they've painted themselves into a corner in terms of what's left to show.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well the Clone Wars was a three year war and the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to have full length 30 minute episodes. The Clone Wars 3D Animated Series will probably go in more depth and there is probably many more stories to tell, new characters to learn about, and old characters to learn more about. Also a way to tie in the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series and the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series would be to show what some of the characters of the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series were doing during the Clone Wars.

14. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    They have been really creative with Clone Wars so i think that they could come up with more and still keep the flow of Clone Wars intact.

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes.

16. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Is Clone Wars a few years away like the tv show?

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes it's coming out in Fall 2007.

18. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh, what would be really cool if they animated the clone wars comic books. Wouldn't that rock?!

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm guessing they are also going to show some of the Clone Wars Comic book stories but I could be wrong.

20. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I can't wait till Fall 2007 when the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series comes out!

CoolyFett likes this.
  21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The Clone Wars is the right spot for the new animation show, hopefully Dark Horse will do the same thing as they did with GT stuff, though not in digest form. More like the Republic issues with the new show's animated look.

22. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    The Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to be a "melding of Asian Anime with a unique 3D Animation style" according to Steve Sansweet head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilms. GL has even said it is going to have some Anime in it. Think along the lines of the Final Fantasy cutscenes and movies.

23. Alanikan

Alanikan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    I'm sure we'll see tons of new spectacular battles, but since the original series seemed to start off in mid-war, there seems to be some setup work to do.

It would be neat to see the immediate after-effects of the initial Geonosis battle: the imminent political manuvering, seeing the Jedi-Generals officialy recieve their ranks, etc. I'm curious if they will explore the storyline of the Jedi given supreme commands by Palpatine.

24. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes we could very well see those things in the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series coming out in Fall 2007.

25. President_Sharky

President_Sharky Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    For God's sake, we heard you the first time! :rolleyes: You don't have to repeat to us every time when the series is coming out! Copy/pasting your posts is simply useless spam.

I dearly hope that they preserve previously established Clone Wars continuity done by Dark Horse Comics and the Del Rey novels. There's a significant gap in the timeline of Clone Wars events, from 23 to 29 months after the Battle of Geonosis, so that leaves the new series with a wide berth of 6 months for new adventures and such. A lot of Obi-Wan and Anakin's exploits during the Outer Rim Sieges (31.5-35 months ABG), which are where they acquired their galaxy-wide fame, have yet to be chronicled.