main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    The only thing I found in the new Insider #86 about the new Animated series is the announcement of Lucasfilms opening of the Singapore animation studio.

The same information that you can find here

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I think we may be getting new info on the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series when Insider #86 comes out soon.

3. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Cick the link below for some new info on the Clone Wars 3D Animated TV Series and the Live Action TV Series. It's an interview with Steve Sansweet talking about the two Star Wars TV Shows.

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/90/11090.php

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Sorry for the triple post but, Bump.

5. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    We are about a year and a half away from the premiere of the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series and hopefully we will get some concept images at Comic-Con or in the near future.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm more interested in seeing concept art for the Clone Wars TV show than the live-action one. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the live-action show, but the Clone Wars show will be expanding off of already-established characters (hopefully not the major ones, if the rumors are true) and concepts. I also think there's a better chance for the EU to have an impression on this show.

7. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Maybe, the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series could show us what some of the characters that may be starring the Live Action TV Series were doing during the Clone Wars.

8. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Anyone see the Hyperspace image posted today? Captioned as "The first concept image from the biggest Star Wars entertainment event of 2007."

Could this be concept art from the animated show?

9. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I dunno but I hope to God it's from the live action show (which I sincerely doubt)

10. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Jim Ward just confirmed that the concept art was for a new Star Wars videogame, but the game will not focus on Vader like originally thought.

11. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Well Clone Wars are over when Vader is aorund and vader are in both of those pics. I am thikning maybe it is from a video game.

12. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Just to clarify, there are three pictures. Two are of Vader w/suit, the third is definitely Clone Wars era. It doesn't make sense that all three photos are from the same game/TV show.

Unless perhaps it is some sort of Order 66/Jedi Purge game. Now THAT would be sweet.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes, an Order 66/Jedi Purge game would be awesome.

14. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    I'm glad that they are going to make a new clone wars tv show. I've seen a final fantasy video that was similar to the look of the clone wars tv show and it looked quite realistic. I think they should not make it as 'kid' friendly like the clone wars cartoons because that would surely suck.

15. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I seem to remember reports that Lucas had been talking with Peter Chung, the creator of Aeon Flux, in terms of a new SW series. Any word on whether Chung might still be involved?

16. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    The main page of TFN just updated to inform us of an update concerning the TV show from the spoiler-heavy site, Comingsoon.net.

According to the article, there will be a CG-animated TV show. And it will be the first CG-animated TV show, in case everyone forgot.

Wow. Those are some major spoilers there.

Captain Ric "Obvious" Olie would be proud.

17. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Yeah. I couldn't help but notice that not a single of those "spoilers" was new information.

18. The_Mastervader

The_Mastervader Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2004
    When is Comic-Con this year? I'm hoping they give us a glimpse of the animation style this year during their presentation.

19. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Sorry not to be off the subject but I couldn't help notice in this interview they said:
    How come Jar Jar didn't die in Episode 3???

Steve Sansweet: You shouldn't assume things... I'm not saying he did, but all kinds of things happened off screen in different areas of the universe. I didn't see him in the funeral procession for Padme. But you never know the future of Jar Jar, there's a lot of years to go into with Star Wars. You don't know what happened between 3 and 4. That's a 19 year period, lots of stuff can happen.

I thought Jar Jar was in the procession?

~Rory

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    He was there... along with that idiot, Boss Nass.

21. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    God, I wish Gendy was doing this series. I hate computer animation except for animal-based stories (Finding Nemo, Over the Hedge, etc.). People just look better drawn than rendered.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Do the Separatists count as animals? All the more reason to see more of them!

Actually, I believe the animation on this deal might be more along the lines of that Final-Fantasy or whatever movie they made a while back. I didn't see it, but they say the animation was pretty good.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Double Post! Oh No! Ban me!

NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From ComicCon; more specifically, The Official Site:

Looking further down the Star Wars horizon, Sansweet gave a few brief updates on Star Wars developments in the works. The animated series, set late during the Clone Wars after Anakin Skywalker has achieved the rank of Jedi Knight, is quickly approaching, slated to become a reality in 2008. "We've been spending the last couple of years building from scratch two new state-of-the-art digital animation companies, one at Skywalker Ranch and one in Singapore," explained Sansweet. "The scripts for the first batch of shows have been completed, and Animation is hard at work on the first episodes." Though Sansweet did not show any video of the forthcoming series, he did explain that George Lucas was serving as creator and creative guide and that Rob Coleman is supervising the all-important character animation. Many familiar faces are slated to return, including Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Count Dooku, Palpatine, General Grievous and Asajj Ventress.

24. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Thanks for the news Barriss_Coffee, it sucks that we have to wait until 2008 instead of the originally planned time of Fall 2007, so hopefully the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series will premiere in early 2008. I'm suspecting we will get a alot of news on both TV Shows at Celebration Europe next year and the 2007 Comic-Con.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently it'll be set ;ater in the Clone Wars, aftr Anakin is a Knight.

it's a shame- I was rather hoping they'd have set it during one of the more open periods of time to give them some more freedom.