main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    A guy named Clovis who likes Mandalorian tea and awkwardly hangs out at the droid spa.

QuangoFett and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  2. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

As I pointed out above in the thread, if Dave Filioni and his team get to finish the s6 production season, they will have a total of 42 finished episodes after season 5, because they have been making 26 episodes in each production season. So there will be at least a s6 and s7 amount of episodes finished by the end of s5. So the end isnt really in sight yet.

3. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    [face_plain]

4. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Wow, 42 episodes. That's just wild.

5. fceeviper

fceeviper Jedi Master

May 27, 2004
    This is what I am afraid of. Disney will make TCW even more kid friendly if they have it on DX.

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well according to this article The Clone Wars will be moving to DisneyXD after the current season finishes airing on Cartoon Network. http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2012/10/31/the-disney-lucasfilm-deal-the-facts-and-some-speculation/

If this is true, I don't think people need to worry about the content. From the looks of the shows they air on that station, the action-adventure channel, The Clone Wars will fit in. The channel is aimed at viewers between 6-14. The Clone Wars is aimed at 8 and above, I believe, and disney XD has mostly male-orientated programmes and a lot of the action shows. So I think the Clone Wars won't be altered. Season 6 is a long way into animating now.

7. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    :rolleyes: The Clone Wars is going to turn into those cheap Disney TV shows.

DM99 and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder if that will affect Teletoon, or they will move it to Canadian Family ( Disney )Channel

9. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
  10. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Might as well sell Teletoon and CartoonNetwork to Disney right now.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    "There's always a bigger fish," indeed.

12. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    "In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, Lucasfilms will be reorganized into the first Galactic Disney, for a safe and secure society, which I assure you will last tens of years."
    -Palpatine, addressing Lucasfilms will be under the influence of Disney

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    No god, please no. Cartoon Network has been raped enough. Not to mention I can't see that ending well for Adult Swim.

14. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Adult Swim on Disney, the educational program system? Oh dear.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, I guess they can always make it the "Look Around You" block.

Both the articles posted seem like pure speculation on what will happen to TCW. The first one lists a move to Disney XD as fact but the sources listed are varied. Its just to early to take this stuff serious yet.

Cary_the_Brave likes this.
  16. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

Yea, it really is. Even if there isn’t 26 episodes produced in the season 5 and 6 batch, but only 22, that would by next summer still leave 34 finished episodes ready for s6 and beyond. And even if the show might be canceled after s5, they would have spent too much money on those 34-42 episodes to not release them on DVD and Blu-ray eventually.

17. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Not gonna lie. I'm super optimistic about the movie franchise, but kinda worried about TCW. Not to mention that fact that I've always seen TCW as methadone. But now we know we're about to have easy access to some actual heroin. ;)

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, that's the problem with everything right now. 99.9999% of everything is pure speculation. When an article actually quotes someone, it's a quote from a quote from a mysterious unconfirmed "representative" that probably just said "yes" or "no" to a question without elaborating.

To quote my favorite Neimoidian, All I know is... almost everything said in the first couple of years leading to any of the prequel films was a complete and bogus lie.

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  19. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    Im just saying its nice to know there will be 34-42 more episodes finished and ready to go after s5 has finished airing. Im worried that we wont get a propper ending to the show, but at least theres a lot of episodes to come.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I wonder if this increases the likelihood of TCW continuing past TV, into the "straight to DVD" era where they simply make their 4-part arcs into a feature-length.

Disney lost a tonne of money with John Carter - every movie company is looking for the next Titanic or Avatar - and a new SW flick, especially Episode VII - is the safest bet for another $billion in Disney's pockets.

The SW IP has so much goodwill it's a cash cow for Disney. This includes TCW.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, I remember alot of a movie reviews comparing the John Carter movies to the SW movies and now Disney has the real thing, almost like a finger to that loss. I don't know if new SW movies would be the next Avatar but they could certainly trump what Disney does with the Marvel movies. I think a bigger concern for SW fans would be the sequel trilogy being mere popcorn flicks like alot of the Marvel movies are. There is probably alot more motive to this buy out than that when when Disney was just looking to add something young boys likes supposedly (which I've yet to see Spiderman walking around a Disney park).

I'm certain that TCW will finish the season on Cartoon Network and I think there's a very high likely hood that CN is grandfather in and will air season 6. Feature length direct to DVD movies would be another venue to go and could even be used to add more stuff. Besides Disney XD being a possible home I don't think we could count either ABC Family or even ABC itself out. There is also the possibility Disney could have another Kids Channel or a revamp of Disney XD... something closer to Jetix or Toon Disney in mission. Both of those would compete better with current CN and Hub than the present Disney XD.

QuangoFett likes this.
  22. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
  23. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    "So this is how competition dies, with thunderous applause."

24. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    "The U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division will be hunted down... and defeated!"

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Okay, I just can't hold this back anymore...

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and QuangoFett like this.