main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So basically you are advocating wrong information to be posted and not corrected then. Because that is no reason to lose your cool.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh boy another fight!

3. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
  4. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    No, The Gathering is the 100th episode in production terms. :)

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    So production numbers are interesting now...

4.15: A War on Two Fronts
    4.16: Front Runners
    4.17: The Soft War
    4.18: Tipping Points
    4.19: ?
    4.20: ?
    4.21: ?
    4.22: The Gathering
    4.23: A Test of Strength
    4.24: Bound for Rescue
    4.25: A Necessary Bond
    4.26: Revival
    5.01: ?
    5.02: ?
    5.03: ?
    5.04: Secret Weapons
    5.05: A Sunny Day in the Void
    5.06: ? (I'm assuming Missing in Action)
    5.07: ? (I'm assuming Point of No Return)

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm guessing 5.01, 5.02, and 5.03 goes to the last Maul episodes.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  7. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Same here, and then I'm assuming the other gap belongs to the Scipio Trilogy, and then 5.08-5.10 would be the season finale arc

8. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Ah yes I didn't count the movie did I! I see that as a separate thing now so its not something I automatically consider. :p

9. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    For old times' sake:

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Actually, I think that derailing a thread with an interesting topic because you get pissy over someone being mean to your favorite show by using ratings lists to show how much you love it is pretty awful. But then I'd be expecting too much from anyone here. Still, I'm glad to see that I can provoke a reaction from people.

11. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    They sure are damn good at making trailers.

MistrX likes this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its amusing how many season 4 production codes are in season 5. It makes me all the more curious if the Young Jedi arc might have bumped something out.

13. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    The entire season was thrown out of order because Maul was pushed forward to coincide with Phantom Menace 3D. Then they needed to capitalize on that marketing move by making him the front runner for Season 5's opener.

Something similar happened on Deep Space Nine. Season 3 was supposed to end on the Episode "Homefront", where changeling infiltrators sabotaged Earth's power grid, and forced the Federation to impose martial law. Season 4 would have started with the episode "Paradise Lost", the continuation from Homefront's cliffhanger. However, the executives wanted the show to shake things up. A new finale for Season 3 was created in the form of "The Adversary", while Season 4 got a retooling with "The Way of the Warrior", and the reintroduction of the Klingons and Worf to DS9.

It took until Season 5 for Deep Space Nine to get back on track to the coming war with the Dominion because of it. Unlike TCW however, I'd say that the Klingon season was much more successful and ambitious.

14. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Still wondering where that Fives arc went.

Stupid Younglings arc apparently pushed it to Season 6.

15. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Wasn't "Revival" the only one pushed forward? "Brothers" and "Revenge" both have production numbers way before that episode's.

16. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Yes. Revival was put at the front of the season to capitalize on the last part and keep the Maul flow going, even if it completely messed up the order for Season 5.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The S5 trailer is one of better ones in the past 2 years but the S3 2nd half one is really lazy.

True words. There are still people who are confused what comes after what.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It better be the Clovie Arc that comes next

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Part of me's worried the reason they keep pushing off the Clovis arc is because it's so rediculously bad. I mean they gave us this preview over the summer and advertised it -- in detail -- in Insider magazine, so they definitely had it all ready to go. So why did they change their minds at the final hour? Were they afraid to show it so early in the season, because it was subpar even by their standards? They didn't want to loose the child audience so they went with the more kiddie-focused episodes?

20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I think the order they went in was to somewhat cement the timeline, it makes sense to get the Hondo base destruction in line. I will also assume they felt it was better to break here between Void and Gregor rather than at the end of the second part of the Clovis trilogy.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Barriss, I was wondering if they are holding it back due to the violent content.

From what I gather, it involves Anakin doing some rather violent things.

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    They conveniently adjusted the timeline to coincide with their Disney-Star Wars announcement. Consider this - immediately upon announcing a merger with Disney, would you air an episode like Brothers or Revenge with all the Disney-centricness in those episodes - a cackling half-mad, half-spiderman and children being slaughtered as they rushed to receive their latest treats from an arriving supply ship?

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I really don't find season 5 to be all that toned down despite the kiddy stuff. I mean in the Young Jedi arc we had Ahsoka visibly looking beaten and a clone get his guts stomped out. Then this last episode a "Sunny Day in the Void" has a character suffering with the more PG symptoms of accute heat stroke while his droid companions tell him to just commit suicide.

24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I agree with your points about the crushed trooper and suicide promotion. It just may be that these episodes are the most Disney-centric ones they have available to air. And once it's all finalized, we'll get back to the darker ones next year. And then Disney will order a complete re-vamp for Season 6 with ultra Disney-friendly episodes. Lots of princess and talking animals stories.

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm ready for Mauldalore. That arc I think is the most anticipated one of this season. They should air that ASAP, especially with the adaptation of it out in January. Makes a lot of sense for that to air next, ahead of the Clovis arc.

Yes, I really can't see how the Young Jedi arc was meant to be toned down for kids. Yes it had kids as the main characters but that doesn't mean a thing... I didn't think the story played out was toned down - yes there were a few aspects of it that seemed kiddish (the circus) but overall the content of the story didn't feel toned down for me. I think a lot of people think kids as the main characters and immediately get it into their mindset that it was toned down. The droid arc - especially the last episode - I didn't feel that was really a kiddy episode either, the themes dealt with in that episode are an indication to me that episode is not for kids as a lot of the symbolism will go over their heads.

Now maybe the episode order did change because of the Disney announcement. But in the original episode list, the droid arc was set to air at this time though if Clovis arc had aired instead of Young Jedi we would have got Gregor before Xmas break. Perhaps Young Jedi was set to air later in the season but that arc and Clovis has changed episode slots, and that is the only change in the season order, swapping those arcs around.