main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That reverberation of explosive noise you hear across the space-time continuum? That's the sound of anakinfan blowing up the Internet if Filoni and Co. consider this even in the darkest recesses of their brains.

LOL. Awesome. :D

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They can force push if you know what I mean ;)

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think that's possible for a jedi

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We're getting close to jumping off the PG-13 cliff here, so be careful. :p

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Suddenly having memories of the old "What constitutes PG-13?" and so-called "conservative PG-13" debates from fan fic long ago.

Stopping that thought process before my head explodes.

(And I know that's not where you were going, Garth, just thinking out loud.)

Garth Maul likes this.
  6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Just curious, we know they are working on season six right now but how far ahead are they into it?

Looking on Wookipedia I found these 2 quotes about season 6 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars:_Season_Six:

"I've written, like, twelve, sixteen [episodes] now? Because we're three years ahead of you guys. We've already written season six." - Christian Taylor, in September 2011

In October 2012, Filoni confirmed that his crew had begun working on designs and scripts for season six.

So, how long has Season six been in production for? It's over a year since Christian Taylor said that original quote so how far ahead can they be? Season 6 must be way into the animation stage now, with maybe a season seven being looked at now? The actors have obviously been recording stuff too, which has to be for either 6th or 7th season, especially if season 6 has been written for way over a year now...

I guess this is going to be one of the few things we never really get a definitive answer to....

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I swooned. But this may mean nothing if those scripts are not Disney-centric enough to Disney's liking.

8. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    Jeez, can we seriously stop with this Disney worrying?

Marvel comics has been owned by Disney for years now and its honestly as dark as ever. Seriously, check out stuff like Uncanny X-Force. Dark material will stay around.

Disney isn't going to neuter Star Wars or The Clone Wars for that matter.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I was concerned when I initially heard about the sale but I got over it for the reasons you listed.

10. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Not to mention when Disney wants to make money on something dark, mature, and/or violent, and not be directly associated with it, they'll slap their "Touchstone Pictures" logo on it instead of the Disney logo.

Garth Maul likes this.
  11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I will be checking background SW characters for mouse shirts. Just saying.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I believe Christian Taylor talked about season six all the way back at the season 4 premier. I think that scripts are always two seasons ahead and actual production is like a season ahead (?). I remember the first time I went to SWW back in like May of 2011. While "Behind the Force" focused on season 4 it was mentioned season 5 was being worked on. Infact I was unsure if the moment JAT described at that show where Matt Lanter supposedly choked a bunch of people up including Corey Burton occurred in season 4 (I guess that would refer to the Rako Hardeen arc) or was something in season 5 (Clovis arc or mysterious season finale?). I don't remember season 6 or even much of season 5 being talked about this year at SWW. The "Behind the Force" I went to didn't have a Q&A and besides that I was to distracted by how cool it was to hear DBB's clone voice in person and looking down at my palm the man himself had high-fived. I've learned I'd better go to the very last show in 2013 if I decide to suck up the $100usd to go. However, its a bet season 6 was being worked on at that time. I also recall that on ForceCast its been mentioned before the VAs don't always know where episodes they are working on fall within the series and some are way far ahead compared to others.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Let's hope it's S5 because I don't remember being choked up during the Hardeen arc, as much as I enjoyed it. :p

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, I like the Rako Hardeen arc and the moment where Obi-wan really burns Anakin in Crisis is close but I'm hoping there is something more powerful in this season. I've wondered if this has anything to do with stuff Ashley E. has plugged for the end of the season.

15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Can someone clarify this for me. Season 5 consists of just arcs - Revival (connects the Maul/Savage arc from S4 and S5), Battle of onderon (5.2-5.5), Jedi younglings (5.6-5.9), Droids (5.10-5.12), Rush Clovis arc, and Maul/Savage arc. According to Wookieepedia, this is only 20 episodes. I saw in the S5 trailer, some Ventress vs. Ahsoka stuff some is that the other 2? Also I wasn't going to sift through 900 pages to see. (Btw I'm new on this forum)

16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I think there's a Mandalorian arc and the attack on the temple stuff, but I'm not sure. And you wouldn't need to sift through 900 pages - maybe just the last 10 or so.

17. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Looks like those who hate longer story arcs will get to rejoice by the end of the season. :p

18. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Because the finale is just a 2 part arc? (As far as we know) :p

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Or its a four part arc where two parts will air end of season 5 and the other two premiere season 6. Oh how cruel that would be.

20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    From what we know assume about it... That would be awful. [face_nail_biting]

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd welcome a nail bitter cliffhanger actually although it would be cruel and totally suck.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Unless they stab Ahsoka and leave her for dead and kill Ventress as well, any cliff hanger will be meaningless. It's very hard to create suspense for this show when some characters are literally shielded from having anything dangerous happen to them.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its to bad I'm not allowing myself to talk about the OC thing for the time being. You don't need death or the threat of death to create suspense. Ahsoka could end up out wondering the streets all depressed while for some reason Anakin has turn his back on her and that could serve as a depressing cliff hanger.

24. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think Ahsoka's 'big thing' actually has much to do with Ventress, I think it's going to have to do with Anakin.

Seerow likes this.
  25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    In some cases you don't need death, I'll grant you that. But in this show, it's about the only thing that really works as far as true suspense. The reason so many of these arcs fell flat is because characters were never in real danger. Honestly, did anyone fear for Obi-Wan last season when he took on Maul and Savage by himself? Or how about the episode where Ahsoka tries to stop Aurra Sing from assassinating Padme?

Now by contrast, how many wondered about Rex and Fives in Umbra? There was at least a bit of suspense. Obviously being in between two movies makes it very hard to be unpredictable, but part of that was the crew's own fault when they chose to focus so heavily on the main characters and not introduce a larger supporting cast to build up over time.