main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Six seasons sounds about right to me. Maybe TCW can end in time for when Episode 7 comes along.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think season 7-8. Then maybe a Dark Times rebrand. TCW can really go on as long as it wants so long as there are plenty stories to tell.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    [​IMG]

4. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Oh man, I could totally see them shoehorn in characters from the new saga somehow.. O__o

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I am of the opinion TCW should jump almost the entire cast and follow another group of characters or atleast follow a 2nd group half the time. Not sure about new saga characters however.

6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I just want something that has nothing to do with the Skywalker tale. Ideally I wish they'd wrap up TCW and move onto some other time period, like anything 1,000 BBY or earlier. I would also be OK with them re-branding TCW into the Dark Times. And if they must stay with TCW... I wish some of the characters that weren't developed in the films would take the spotlight more often. Not R2, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan all the time.

The Krell arc and Bounty are some of my favorites because they went a different direction and followed completely different characters.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW can be at its best focusing on OCs, agreed. But can also bomb out with a large OC cast, see Onderon. Its hard to tell where the greenest grass is. I'm just enjoying the ride. Its the journey. Trouble is there are so many characters fighting for screentime and is a pretty typical show focusing on a selection of about 5 or 7. There are few regular reoccuing characters orbiting around that main cast as is which where OCs should be. I want haracters not resolved in the movies atleast. Just slotting Kit Fisto in for example is cool and all but doesn't make the show less predictable which is a big complaint with TCW

The biggest disservice that has been done to TCW in a long time is Filoni telling us Ahsoka's fate absolutely won't be resolved until the end of the series. We all knew that to be the case I'm sure, but word of god saying that, that sucks. Still we don't know what Ahsoka will be like when we get there.

TCW's best bet would probably be to rotate through a wide number of characters, like some animes with really big casts do. The flipside to that is it would really drag out. Can't say never get anywhere since it would eventually have to hit ROTS even if it took 14 seasons.

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

The problem with Onderon IMHO was that Saw and Steela were the main characters(Ashoka and Lux being secondary), and they never told us who those two characters really were and why Onderon should matter to us(despite having 4 episodes to explain it). Despite being pretty good, it’s one of the shallowest arcs of the series.

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, they will need to end TCW showing Ahsoka being frozen in carbonite so that she gets unfrozen in the new saga.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope not. That's not character resolution at all.

As far as secondary characters, I'd like to see more shows focusing on Jedi we don't see much of in the films, such as Kit Fisto. I wouldn't mind a Mace-centered show either; yes, we see him in the films but he's never the main focus. The show doesn't need to make up OCs just to use in a few episodes, although in some cases that has worked. (Hondo and Cad Bane).

I think Anakin and Obi-Wan centric shows are good since we see so little of their friendship in the films, and (*ducks for cover*) I think we need to see a bit more of Anakin and Padme's relationship given how important it is to his overall fate, but there is room to focus on other familiar Jedi and I'm not sure the show has done enough of that.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The background Jedi who could become reoccurring characters are the one established in existing arc. They are mainly Barriss, Plo, Mace, and Yoda. Everyone else is cool but they mainly serve as a fun distraction. Now that we're 5 seasons in we need less distractions and more plot-centric storytelling.

12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I was more ready to go to bat for this show in the first few seasons, because it's not unusual for a show to take a couple seasons to hit its stride. And there are cases of shows that I've actually downright despised early on before they do a complete 180 after several seasons. But after 5 seasons (or in the middle of the 5th anyway) I still feel like the show is fumbling at times. And for every excellent episode, there is a price to be paid with an awful one. S4 was one of the best overall IMO, but with S5 it's been (IMO)

Revival - Good.
    Onderon - Terrible
    Young Jedi - Good/Decent
    Droids - =((

This current arc so far seems like one big painful distraction from what I want to see. Perhaps Clovis will seem all the sweeter after following in the wake of R2. Juxtapose an ok episode with a crappy one, and it will appear awesome.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Next two episodes of current arc are described as more conventional so maybe that'll be a plus.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    TCW is almost back

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Like a week and a half?

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    yea,

17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Onderon was awesome. That is all.

18. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    The Unpopular TCW Opinion thread seems so incomplete all of a sudden..

19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    As much as I like Ahsoka, I agree. The whole carbonite thing would be beyond cheap.

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope so. I would like to enjoy something about this droid arc but so far nothing. I'm certain I will love everything else about the rest of the season though.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lets wait an see these next two episodes. For me its Gregor.

22. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Gregory gonna be make-or-break for me. If they handle him badly, I'm done with the series.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Where have I read this comment before? Oh yes, every single year of TCW. I yawned.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    LOL, a character gets handled wrong and they stop watching TCW, that is a lame excuse

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    A better excuse is the show is absolute ****, but what do you do?