main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm also fairly certain they named Gregor for Ewan as well. I mean hey, if they can name a clone for Thor.... [face_whistling]

Seerow likes this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    In the spirit of the present conversation: Thorn's gonna be another love interest for Padme. After she drives him over with a speeder performing some asinine project for the Refugee Relief Movement.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe she'll tell Thorn about the time she had Grievous in custody and traded him for that Anakin guy when she could have ended the war and saved the lives of many of Thorn's brothers.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, at least Anakin will save a ton of lives. It's not as if he'll kill any kids or anything... :p

Seerow likes this.
  5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Charles Murray's writing caliber:

Things Never Said
    V
    Castle
    Under
    Criminal Minds
    Day Break
    Killer Instinct
    Third Watch
    City of Angels

Seerow likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin doesn't but Vader does :p

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I've always viewed him as Anakin until Padme dies. That's when he truly becomes Darth Vader.

That's why he still has a blue lightsaber on Mustafar.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I refer to him as Anakin even in the OT

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    *Looks at username*
    o_O

I guess this is like the comic book thing. I always use the name "Bruce Wayne", even when he's "Batman". Same for "Selina Kyle" instead of "Catwoman".

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    just a username even though i used the username Anakin Skywalker in Temp Boards

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    To me he's "Darth Vader" the moment he kneels before Palpatine and takes the name.

KenobiSkywalker and Seerow like this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's when he is Vader to me as well.

13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    He still has a blue lightsaber because it's convenient. It would have been foolish to just stop what he's doing and find the right materials to build his own red lightsaber. He had a busy schedule(destroying the Jedi Temple and trying to kill his best friend).

cwustudent and Seerow like this.
  14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I usually still refer to him as Anakin pre-suit. Mostly because Obi-Wan and Padme still refer to him as such, and the name thus seemed like it had a bit of meaning left to Anakin/Vader.

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm well aware of the practical problem of running off to Ilum to get a new lightsaber crystal. :p

I'm saying symbolically I view the blue lightsaber and the still-human form of Anakin Skywalker as a sign that he still wasn't fully Sith-ed yet. While Padme was around, there was always the chance Anakin would change his mind. That's why Palpatine used her to twist Anakin but then planned for her to be dead at the end, "It seems, in your anger, that you killed her." And he discovers Padme is dead just after being given the suit, "He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil."

I view the death of Padme as the death of Anakin. He wouldn't return until the very end of "Return of the Jedi".

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not big into symbolism, but IMO if he wasn't fully Sith'ed after he got christened by Palpatine, he was pretty damn close. To me the only thing that Padme's death and receiving the suit did for him was to give him that final push over the edge into completely forgetting who Anakin Skywalker was, but once he pledged allegiance to the Sith Master, he was a Sith, even if a part of him held a bit of hesitation as to what he was doing.

07jonesj and Seerow like this.
  17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh, yeah, he was close. The important thing for me is the motivation which separates Anakin from Vader. Anakin Skywalker attacks the Jedi Temple to gain access to Sith powers in the hopes of saving Padme's life from childbirth.

Vader kills Jedi for his Master. He does it for the Sith.

But this is all obviously my own personal insight. That's one of the great things about the Star Wars saga - everybody walks away from it with their own impressions, and all of them are correct.

18. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    We'll if we're going by what Obi-wan says in ROTJ, he ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader when he was seduced to the Dark Side...which could have been as early as the telling of "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise."

Thats of course from his point of view though. ;)

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I just thought of a good possible ending for TCW. So Captain Rex, we're not sure yet if he'll execute Order 66, as with some of the other Clones like Fives, because they have been know to follow orders, but sometimes take matters into their own hands and disobey the rules if they think its the right thing to do, like in the Umbara arc. Which got me thinking about Cut Lawquane, how he said "You're welcome to stay Rex" at the end of 'The Desserter', and what if Rex actually takes up that offer after finding out about Order 66.
    It'd make a nice final scene with Rex walking up to Cut's house with his helmet in one hand, and Cut answers the door and Rex says "Is that offer you made me about staying here still going?" or something along those lines, and maybe he could even bring Fives with him. But I know I'd definitely rather see that than Rex actually executing Order 66.

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What would have this board in an uproar is the command comes through - camera flashes to (Ahsoka?), then to Rex - and fades out.

AkashKedavra_93 and cwustudent like this.
  21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Definitely show Ahsoka being killed or not escaping. I'd hate for them to go Sopranos with a cop out ending leaving it up to the viewer.

fett 4 likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cool idea. With Clovis coming back I'm not counting Cut out. I'm not the biggest fan of Rex deserting however. He's still dedicated to protecting him men and his kid (Fives) so they won't have to live with that evil he can't well imagine. I imagine a future appearance by Cut would play more into his conscience with loyalty torn between is family and remaining a pacifist and helping his brothers.

On the other hand I have imagined a scene before where Rex returns gravely injured and dies on the floor in that farm house. Pretty random I know. I have a terrible drawing around here somewhere of that. <<;

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm undecided by that. I'd be pissed off if they set it up so Rex had his blaster drawn and Ahsoka was coming at him with her sabers then cut to black. But... there is something kind cool about that.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  25. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Then why didn't charred burning Anakin replace Sebastian Shad instead of creepy ped Hayden Christenson?

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.