main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The more I see people obsess and hype the Maul arc, the more I am preparing myself to be let down by it.

I do not get the hype... But it is got Mandos and Maul and Bounty Hunters so I kinda see where the "overrated" comes from.

JackG and Super_Battle_Droid like this.
  3. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Last season had a Maul arc.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maul arc every season from now on. I'm calling it now!

Dathomir-Witch and hlc88 like this.
  5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    There shouldn't be. Maul has overstayed his welcome... there is nothing to do with him after Mandalore.

6. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    He shouldn't have had anything to do with Mandalore in the first place.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    There is lots of stuff to do with him

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    He could get beat up by a Gungan given a chance.

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    How has he overstayed his welcome? He's only been in 3 episodes so far.

Why? How can you judge on something that you haven't seen yet?

Togruta and rumblewagon like this.
  10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Well, I have read the Shadow Conspricay novelization, but thats secondary.

The plots surrounding Mandalore had more than enough steam on their own without having to insert Maul into the picture. I've been waiting for a resolution of the Mandalorian arc from Season 2 for what seems like forever. Now that we are getting it it doesn't even stand on its own. Its been relegated to being a secondary plot that just serves as a backdrop to finishing off the tale of Maul and Randy.

The Mandalore stuff could have been something special, instead it will be nothing more than a marketing gimmick to make a Darth Maul action figure in Mandalorian armor.

Garth Maul likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    and Ewoks :p

and i agree with hlc88, can't overstay ur welcome if you only have been in 3 episodes

rumblewagon likes this.
  12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why do these goggles not work?!!

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Not really... there is more to do with R2 than Maul.

Already too much.

14. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I sure hope you don't drive at night with those on.;)

rumblewagon likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've gotten used the fact Maul is back (that's lame but it is what it is) and have embraced him as a cool villain. That's something TCW has been lacking. I'll find out soon enough how I feel exactly about throwing him in with Mandalore.

InterestingLurker and TaradosGon like this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Or... he shouldn't have had anything to do with TCW in the first place. :p

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, bringing back Maul was terrible. It just hit me that he already had his shot at Kenobi and blew it. I mean really, if both he and Savage can't take Kenobi together, he should just accept his failure and go away, go farm moisture or something.

And that's the problem with the whole idea, he cannot succeed against Kenobi, we already know this.

eht13 likes this.
  18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, until Mauldalore is aired, I can only venture that Maul is going to get a chance to get a blow in against Kenobi. There's more than one way to harm a Jedi than just physically.

I was deadset against Maul returning. One just cannot resurrect a character cut in two, one that catapaulted Obi-Wan into knighthood and mentoring Anakin.

But it has been done. And I've got to say it's been handled rather brilliantly so far (with hiccups of course - crazy to sane all too fast, etc.); although I am still against the idea I have accepted it.

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I feel like they just swept Talzin under the rug after Maul's survival until they can find a way to reconcile her disjointed interactions with Asajj and Savage, the latter of which she sent off to find Maul and then just disappeared and hasn't done anything since then.

I wanted Savage to kill Maul, which I doubt it going to happen. I'd think Maul would sooner kill Savage at this point given how Maul has totally eclipsed Savage and turned him into a lackey that is hardly ever mentioned by fans anymore (contrast to when the Nightsisters arc aired and he was the next big thing).

And now Talzin just seems like she was forgotten about so that Maul can go have his revenge against Obi-Wan, which just seems like it was done in the dumbest possible way.

If you know that your Sith Master is the strongest being in the galaxy and controls the two largest armies in the Galaxy indirectly, you do not go rally a bunch of disorganized criminals and put yourself on his radar so that you can humble a Jedi.

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I still think Talzin has a plan. How awesome would it be if she turned up in the sequel trilogy?

InterestingLurker likes this.
  21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My thoughts exactly!

Maul is going to create serious mental anguish for Kenobi which may give him a little more character development and even contrast him a little more to Anakin. I like the way TCW is handling it so far which is one of the reasons that have helped me accept Maul has returned and is a cool villain. He is the most threatening, best developed, most motivated villain along side Vizsla and Deathwatch that TCW has to offer. It sad and lame, but it is what it is and it does look like great entertainment.

I think there will be larger ramifications for this than just how it'll effect poor Obi-wan. Snaggletooth dude didn't know the significance to Maul and Savage's red blades and even. I think far as most folks know somebody with a lightsaber is one of those mysterious Jedi. They don't know Red vs Blue lightsaber. Imagine what its going to do for the populous to see two scary guys with a lightsabers leading a army and invading a planet to devastating effect. I'm gonna be interested to see if that plays into anti-Jedi propaganda.

23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    That would be awesome. She's one of the best villains in the Star Wars saga, the other villains being Sidious and Cronal.

Also, if Cronal(along with the Sun Guard) ever appear in the series, TCW will become even better than it already is.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Seerow I agree to a point. But how they treat Maul just shows that they can do better. There are a bunch of ways they could develop villains they already have, principally Dooku and Grievous. Dooku in particular they could develop as a foil for either Anakin or Obi-Wan, such as exploring why he turned to the Dark Side, why he would join the Sith after they killed Qui-Gon, what it is he hopes to achieve, if Dooku actually has desires to turn Obi-Wan, etc.

I agree that Maul has been the best villain. But that doesn't feel right. And it just pains me to see that they'll go all out for Maul, but then Dooku and Grievous, who are the most important villains to develop in this show, since they hardly get any in the films and yet are very, very relevant to the conflict, just get passed over.

It's like they're playing it "safe" and tiptoeing around Grievous and Dooku to honor the EU, when really it's just made them boring. Whereas with Maul they brought back a character that wasn't previously part of the time period and they poured a lot of effort into him and in 3 episodes have made him cooler than 4 seasons had done for Grievous or Dooku.

FARK2005, Valairy Scot and 07jonesj like this.
  25. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Now I wouldn't say that. TCW got the Mandalorians in a sticky situation with all the Traviss, bluh, something, Idk. But this can set up Spar coming on the scene with Fenn Shysa and the Super Commandos with him consolidating the Night Owls/Death Watch/New Mandalorians into what we see in RC