main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So really if they'd run in production order then the season would be ending with the droid arc :p

Well we can hope that maybe this will become clear why Clovis was shifted.

The only way they'd get around it is if CN agreed to showing a 23 episode season it seems, if the problem is that. If the team were allowed to edit two episodes of the arc together, to make up the 22 episodes that would work as well. It seemed from celebration that it was Young Jedi that we might not see or know when it would air... That seems to have transferred to Clovis arc.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its also possible only one or two parts of the Clovis arc will air the the rest held over like a cliff hanger.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I can see that happening.

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah but then that might be problematic if the show moves channels for the sixth season. CN would own the distribution rights to air those episodes, Disney wouldn't so that is the problem if they ended the season in the middle of the arc. It might confuse a lot of any new viewers the show might pick up if it moves channels. Either keeping Clovis to the next season, or CN buys an extra episode so the arc can fit in, or CN allows the editing of two eps together (Clovis or the Ahsoka finale)... that to me seems the only feasible options.

What do I know? I'm just speculating :p

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    As TCW is moving to Disney next season, that may even be out of the question.

Perhaps we'll have a longer Season 6? (25-26 episodes?)

6. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I really don’t buy that having a cliff hanger season ender with the Clovis arc would work. It’s usually 6 months between each season, that’s way too long to split up part 2 and 3 of a whole. Part 2 would have to be a great season finale, despite part 3 usually being the big one in this type of storytelling. You can’t have a ”bridge” episode as the finale.

7. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Because Ahsoka seems to have action scenes on Cato Neimoidia, and that planet fits in with the Clovis arc doesn't mean that it happens in that story. We don't know much about The Clovis Arc in truth. I think there is only one big battle in that Arc and that is this. Also the fact that there were no scenes from the Clovis arc in the new trailer definitely means that the arc will not be airing.

[​IMG]

The fight on Cato seems to go on quite a while, as can be seen in the trailer where Commander Thorn is shooting droids.

[​IMG]

What we know about the Clovis Arc is that presumably in the first episode Anakin & Padme discover that Clovis is alive, and that the Bounty Hunter Embo has been sent to kill him in case he exposes any secrets to the Jedi or Republic. I presume the second episode will be mostly focused on Coruscant, will include the scene from Celebration that was put on youtube a month ago, and feature Anakin finding Clovis and Padme having a meal which will be the fight scene etc. I imagine the third part of the Arc will revolve around Clovis actually betraying Padmé and the battle on Scipio will happen, or something very similar.

I think the Ahsoka Arc will start off with this battle on Cato Neimoidia, similar to how Holocron Heist had the battle of Felucia at the beginning.

THE CLOVIS ARC WILL NOT FINISH OFF THIS SEASON. :)

rumblewagon, Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They usually have a surplus of episodes. All of the episodes this season prior to this most recent droid arc had Season 4 production numbers. I'd imagine that means that there are plenty for next season that were part of the S5 production batch. Wouldn't they be completed? If Clovis no longer works this season, I don't know what would stop them from switching it with completed episodes that were otherwise intended for next season.

I don't really know how things work business wise, but if CN ordered 22 episodes for this season and got shorted, I'd think Lucas Animation would have to come up with something, even if that means leaving an awkward cliffhanger. I don't see how they can just short CN 2 episodes without hurting CN. I mean from what I heard regarding YJ, it was going to be part of the season, and then it wasn't, and then it was. They would have had to have worked out what episodes were going to air back when it was originally scheduled for S5.

Seerow likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If TCW does move to Disney XD (I'm not convinced that will happen with season 6 yet). I don't think it'll have much of an impact on season 5's finale. If they whanna split the Clovis arc to give it 22 and create a cliff hanger they can do it. That'd help ensure the kids and casual fans care to look up what Channel season 6 ends up on. TCW will probably get pulled from the schedule the weekend after the finale just like the last two seasons anyways.

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    How about split the difference...

End Season 5 with Ahsoka's arc making it 20 episodes. Start Season 6 a month early, late July/early August and include all three episodes of the Clovis arc. Its a compromise, but not a bad one.

I would think the worst compromise would be to shortchange the story by re-editing this into two sloppy episodes with bad editing and pacing and missing story elements. Seerow 's suggestion of just splitting the episodes of the arc, two before the break, one after, is possible also, not sure how bad the cliffhanger will suck though.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    well hopefully Teletoon keeps TCW on it's channel

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If TCW edits two episodes together I figure they'll do it the way they've done with premieres and finales in the past by stacking episodes end to end, not full splicing. Your idea couldd happen however.

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    When they did that, it still counted as two separate episodes, though.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not saying they'd stay that way either. Young Jedi. =b

Honestly it probably won't happen. CN may not be willing to drop Ben 10 for that.

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    That still going? How many seasons has that thing had?

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    New series Ben 10 Omniverse. Ben's days are probably numbered since for the most part CN is not interested in action oriented animation.

17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    'Course not. She's on a roll this year. The show could use more Ahsoka.

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Hark! A voice of reason!

19. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    I have a feeling Ahsoka is going to be this Season's Blu Ray Cover, or it'll probably be irrelevant and be Sidious.

Watto likes this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Obi-wan had better get this season's blu-ray cover. Wouldn't surprise me if its Maul two season in a row however.

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Sidious would be the smart choice.

22. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    I think it will most likely be Ahsoka. She's had the starring role in Onderon, Young Jedi and gets her own finale arc. It would be cool if they made posters for each Season similar to the poster's for each movie and stick them on the front, or have the same artwork featured on the film dvd's.

Watto likes this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be cool if they would just release more artwork like the group pic for Young Jedi with Ahsoka and the Younglings.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Sidious has never made for flashy marketing, especially this TCW version.

I vote for Ahsoka... Would also be nice to see Obi-wan.

25. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    gascon and d squad for the cover!

...not

i'm not too convinced whether or not i should buy the blurray sets yet

No talking about piracy, k?

Bo-Katan likes this.