main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There has to be a rule to NOT going to planets that are stated as remote and secret in the movies.

Proper or not, Ahsoka was phoned in in every Onderon scene. Again, after Gathering, the arc became about Ahsoka... Onderon was not about Anakin, Onderon was marketed as an Ahsoka arc. Obi-Wan has just one arc in S5 that focuses on him.

The S2 cover was rather random if you ask me. Maybe they did not know what to do with the cover then.

07jonesj likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Bail Organa deserved the cover more than Yoda. :p

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Season 2 cover should have been Cad Bane
    Season 3 was fine
    Season 4 should have been Rex
    Season 5 should be Obi-wan

Pffft... if we're gonna use a senator lets give Chuchi some spotlight again or lets see what happens when Lux joins the fray.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    And once again, Obi-Wan gets short-thrift...:( And still Obi-Wan gets almost as much flak as Anakin and Ahsoka for appearing in too many episodes! (And in many of the earlier seasons, he merely appeared, arms crossed, crossly scolding Anakin or spouting orders only to disappear.)

I'm tempted to do my own character appearance count, broken down by significant role vs insignificant appearance (Anakin and Obi-Wan would both be insignificant in this latest episode).

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    all y'all are terribly, terribly wrong..... WAC for the cover. that's what's up.

Bo-Katan and rumblewagon like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Mustafar should appear one time and one time only in the saga--as the site of Anakin's doom.

And Obi-Wan does keep getting screwed, and not in a good way. The best explanation I can think of is that Filoni doesn't like him.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Is this opinion of Obi-Wan getting screwed based on Season 4? The slavery arc - that was unavoidable... that was in the comic adaption. And to be fair I think Revival more then makes up for the fact how much Darth Maul beat him up in Revenge :p I can only recall those episodes as being the ones where's beaten up or turned into everyone's favourite punchbag...

Besides if the show's ideas have been coming from George all this time, then surely the blame can't be levelled at Filoni's feet? :p

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Obi-Wan, Rex, and Ahsoka all deserve covers IMHO.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I liked Cody's cover however.

10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Actually, I've already done a character appearance count based only on significant appearances - yes, that makes me a Star Wars geek! :)

Anakin has 51, Ahsoka has 38 and Obi-Wan has 37.

Note that if they only appeared in one scene in the episode I did not count that as an appearance.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Maul reappearing in and of itself was a giant "**** you" to Obi-Wan's character. Could the guy at least really kill the Sith who killed his Master, prior to his apprentice turning Sith and killing him?

Whether the majority of the blame could be laid at Filoni's or Lucas' feet could be debated I suppose.

And this could be my perception but it also seems that fan requests for more Obi-Wan were met with more Obi-Wan...getting pwned.

FARK2005 and Valairy Scot like this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka will probably be on the S5 DVD cover

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    That Obi-Wan gets beat up and just keeps coming back makes him more badass for me.

And Obi-Wan's beast came out in "Revival" against Maul and Savage. You know it gets serious when that one strand of hair falls off of Obi-Wan's head. :p

Seerow likes this.
  14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I realized after S2 that the cover is all about marketing, it doesnt have to be that accurate to content, they need to put someone on the cover who will sell DVD's and Blu-ray's to Joe Schmo and random mom's and dad's.

That being said Ahsoka is kinda risky being that she's a divisive character. She deserves it though if you ask me, and I still vote for her. But they may give it to someone safer like Obi-wan (which I'm fine with) or change the whole thing and have it be not a portrait but a Maul vs Obi-wan scene, which would break the theme of the covers and would suck.

Seerow likes this.
  15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm thinking there's quite a good chance they'll go with R2.

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I reckon it'll either be Ahsoka or Pre Vizsla, but Obi-Wan and R2 are likely too.

17. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I agree with you, Watto about it being less about content and more about accuracy but I'm really hoping that the Ahsoka arc pushes it towards being Ahsoka (sure we've had 2 out of the 3 arcs be ahsoka featured already but i'm hoping the Jedi title episodes are just as we've been told - "top down, 5th gear, left lane.")

Watto likes this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd actually be really disappointed if Obi-wan had to share his cover with Maul even if its a cool looking dual. That's weak IMO. I'm really rooting for Obi-wan for season 5. I wouldn't be surprised if they do Maul again since he's such a focal point for the series at the moment apparently. I can see R2 getting it. BZ with Gascon popping out. xD

Watto likes this.
  19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Poll: who would sell more discs: Ahsoka, R2, Obi-wan, Rex....

or Borkus.

Seerow likes this.
  20. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    Who knows...it could be someone who hasn't been in the series yet at all - sure, Maul was referenced in S3 but he didn't appear until the very end of S4. I actually hope/think it'll be between Ahsoka, Obi-wan or Ventress...I'm leaning towards thinking it'll be Ventress.

21. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    No brainer....Borkus

...with Gascon perched on his shoulder.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Might be a fun poll to run actually, "Which character do you think would sell more discs?" ...hmmm.

23. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
  24. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Yoda on the cover of Season 2? In Germany we've got this:

[​IMG]

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010