main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The, "My power have doubled since the last time we fought." thing was just a throw away bragging line anyways. Anakin talking about how cool he is. The chosen one there to right wrongs and punish people in the name of the republic or himself really. It just sounds more arrogant than ever. I think the "Sith are our specialty" line from Obi-wan balances it a little.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Nope one line was stupid, the other was merely more stupid.

Though what do you expect from guys who give us these gems:

" I can over throw the Chancellor and together we can rule the galaxy" "I should have known the Jedi were plotting to take over"

"Only Sith deal in absolutes" "Chancellor Palpatine is evil"

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Sith Lords are our specialty" would have been funny if it weren't so damn pathetic and if I didn't have in mind how Palpatine must have had to try really, really hard not to burst into laughter right there.

As far as Anakin, in the ROTS novelization during that scene, Dooku is thinking about how fragile Anakin's ego is, since he has to throw out lines like that in order to demonstrate how everyone is supposed to see him as cool and powerful.

4. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    well that was quite an episode.... i think i saw a quarren inside the hutt palace lol

Bo-Katan likes this.
  5. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    Pre Visla was going to town!

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW has improved the "Sith Lords" line, IMO. Now we have Obi-wan having fought Dooku, Maul, and Savage on multiple occasions.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    And ther'e are all alive so clearly not a speciality

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, I don't know ^. Fighting THREE Sith and surviving has got to count as some kind of speciality.

hlc88 and Seerow like this.
  9. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    i got 2 theories for the follow up of this arc....
    1- Sidious takes Maul and make him fight with Dooku to see which one deserves to be the sith apprentice.... obviously, Dooku wins.
    2- Sidous becomes Maul in a sithspawn mindless warrior, and then he is defeated by Kenobi.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I feel like it'd only be proper to allow Obi-Wan to kill Maul (again) (properly this time) (really, I mean it, dead).

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes, that would redeem TCW crew for bringing him back in the first place. I would thoroughly enjoy seeing that happen.

12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Don't see anything stupid with Obiwan saying "Chancellor Palpatine is evil". Yes he is playing captain obvious there, but there is actually some sense to that statement, unlike the, "Only Sith deal in absolutes" line.

13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Or another explanation is that his encounter with Dooku, according to canon at the time, was his 2nd encounter with him, therefore he hadn't fought Dooku in 3 years (its not just that line, but Obiwan mentioning they would take Dooku together this time, Dooku mentioning Anakin's defeat by him in AoTC).

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They can retroactively fix that. Have Obi-Wan and Anakin fight Dooku again, have Anakin still lash out arrogantly on his own, infuriated by his loss in Crisis on Naboo, and have Dooku wipe the floor with both of them. And then make that the last time Anakin and Dooku fight before ROTS.

Dooku just looks like a moron if Crisis on Naboo is the last time they fight, since Anakin had the upper hand throughout most of that fight, and it just makes Dooku look foolish for being so arrogant in ROTS after having had such a close call.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought Dooku had the upper hand in "Crisis on Naboo". He had one hand behind his back the entire duel. Its only once Obi-wan shows up that Dooku bails. In that case if Crisis were the last duel until ROTS it would still make sense Obi-wan would later say "We'll take him together." since Anakin wasn't doing so hot on the last one and was also royally pissed off about the whole faking death and going undercover thing. That may be something Obi-wan will feel bad about for a while.

I think the duel in Crisis was the best so far and the only duel between Dooku and Anakin that carried any weight since Palpatine set the whole thing up so he could watch it. I agree they have fought to much in TCW and hope that's the last one until ROTS

I still feel the "Sith are our specialty" line works since it seems only Anakin and Obi-wan ever deal with sith in TCW even if they haven't killed any (you don't have to kill to utterly defeat. Maul was still defeated by Obi-wan on Naboo). Anakin was just bragging with his powers have doubled line.

I get what canon stated before 2008 but I personally have fun piecing TCW together, so...

16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree, Dooku definitely seemed to have the upper hand until Obi showed up.

"I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku" is the only line in ROTS I find awkward due to the show. I think TCW has made the "Sith are our specialty" line make even more sense personally.

cwustudent and Seerow like this.
  17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Anakin knocks Dooku onto his back on some steps, and grips him by the throat before Dooku manages to break free with Force lightning. Prior to that he struggles to keep Anakin at bay using a chair as a shield. Anakin came a long way from his fight in AOTC, which seemed like it exhausted Dooku as is, based on his expression immediately after the fight ended. The more times he fights Anakin and the more evenly matched the become as Anakin gets better, the more foolish Dooku looks in ROTS.

I feel like Dooku has to own Anakin one time for good measure before TCW leads into ROTS. I mean up until Dooku goads Anakin in ROTS, he seemed to be fairing better than he has in TCW.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its funny how at the start of the Crisis duel Palpatine remarks, 'Don't Jedi work as a team?" Dooku didn't seem tired to me at all in the duel. He keeps moving backward toward his escape since he has the chancellor. Anakin manages to get a good kick to Dooku's gut which knocks him down and does take the wind out of him enabling Anakin to about kill him then and there. Its then that Dooku falls back on lightning and fries Anakin.

Anakin does get closer to matching Dooku each time but I think that's because each time he gets a little angrier and a little more darkside. All his anger and frustration with the situation with Obi-wan was being redirected onto Dooku ontop of the fact he was abducting Anakin's good buddy. Nevermind that he's like the President getting kidnapped.

Its then that Dooku makes a run for it as Obi-wan arrives. Dooku really should have learned to stop taunting Anakin at some point since he gets to... Anakin smash! everytime...

Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Well clearly Kenobi just failed to finish his sentence: " Sith Lords are our speciality. He smack talks them, I collect their limbs as part of a hobby![face_dancing]"
    Seriously, Obi-Wan's becoming a serial mutilator. It's like he's got a sick fixation with leaving his dark side opponents horribly wounded, but alive.

Seerow likes this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    godisawesome, well maybe an arm and some legs are about equal to the physical beatings Obi-wan has taken recently =b.

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The point was that Palpatine is evil, is an absolute.

Samayel_ likes this.
  22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Here's a little something I quickly whipped up, just because it's what I thought of after watching 'Eminence'.
    [​IMG]

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ...Wow. Just.... wow.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL. So random.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4