main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Not a big fan of this season. These story arcs are way too long, I feel. 5 episodes on droids doesn't interest me.

I'd like to see more compelling stories. Campy serials are fun, but they need to make me want to come back and watch the next episode. I sometimes go weeks without watching because I sometimes just don't care.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I have grown wary of the long arcs myself. They've been to much or turned out anticlimatic IMO. Umbara and Rako Hardeen arcs remain the exceptions for me. They are better when done the style of "Massacre", 'Bounty", "Brothers", and "Revenge". There needs to be more single stories again. 4 part arc should be maybe once or twice a season. That said this Mauldalorian arc is proving they do work when there is enough material for them. And yes, I'm counting "Revival." there. I'm all for 4 parters when there is enough material for them. I could even green light a single big arc for a season. I think this Maul arc could have breathed that far.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I totally agree here, some of the single episodes are some of the best episodes of TCW, like 'Lair of Grievous' and 'Grievous Intrigue', then we have really great two part arcs like the Kamino arc in season three and the Maul arc in season 4. There definitely needs to be more of these because this whole season has been four part arcs so far if you count 'Revival' being as part of this arc, which is what it was orgianlly supposed to be. I think the Onderon arc could have been made into three parts and a really good single episode could have taken its place, with another Bounty Hunter episode or something.

fistofan1 and Seerow like this.
  4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    This would have been the ideal Season 5 with the stories they had:

1. A War on Two Fronts
    2. The Soft War
    3. Tipping Points
    4. The Gathering
    5. A Test of Strength
    6. Bound for Rescue
    7. A Necessary Bond
    8. Revival
    9. Eminence
    10. Shades of Reason
    11. Fires of Sundari
    12. The Lawless
    13. An Old Friend
    14. Rise of Clovis
    15. Crisis at the Heart
    16. A Sunny Day in the Void
    17. Missing in Action
    18. Point of No Return
    19. Sabotage
    20. The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    21. To Catch a Jedi
    22. The Wrong Jedi

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Fires of Sundari? i don't remember that episode?

rumblewagon likes this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    This arc could have used another episode IMO.

Seerow, Mia Mesharad and fistofan1 like this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The titles of the Ahsoka episodes make me believe that she will either die in the finale, discover the truth about Palpatine, or both.

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    We know she's not in the Clovis arc so it's certainly possible. I don't know who's going to die - but I don't think both Ventress and Ahsoka are making it out.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd think Asajj is more likely to die out of the two. Nothing has really happened with her character, and I don't see how they can really develop her further.

Seerow likes this.
  11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I would agree or disagree with that statement depending on what exactly her role is in the finale. What is she even doing, and why? We don't really know. But out of the two, I would say the death of Ventress is more likely.

Do we know who is writing the finale?

12. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Chris Murray, I believe.

07jonesj likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Indeed? Interesting that Katie Lucas hasn't written either the Maul/Savage episodes or the Ventress episodes this season then.

Thanks.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes, we got a new guy writing the finale. Gonna be interesting.

I'm not at all worried about Ahsoka. Thank you much cowboy hat.

KenobiSkywalker and cwustudent like this.
  15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I think its funny that we still have The Lawless coming, but we're really focused on Ahsoka. Hopefully this will further prove her worth as the Chosen One's Padawan. I'm far more invested in lil' Soka than I used to be. Also, I'm a Hitchcock fan, so this arc will be pretty awesome! And most likely, we'll be introduced to the new Palpatine. I hope The Lawless is dedicated to Abercrombie.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I think it's mostly because the entire next episode has already been revealed in a book. We tend to be most interested in the things we don't know - the episodes we have to connect dots just to figure out the general outline.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm just very curious about the Ahsoka finale thanks to the hype from Ashley E.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm gonna drop another blurb from the USO Q&A. Not really spoilery, but it does imply that despite the "drama" awaiting Ahsoka at the end of this season, not all will be resolved for her yet since Ashley "hasn't been told". Also, funny bit at the end:
    Q: What happens to Ahsoka in Order 66?
    Taylor: [Obi-Wan voice] I don’t understand what you mean. What do you mean, Order 66?
    Filoni: Well, it starts out… No, I’m not going to tell you that. I couldn’t. I really want to – I’ve been asked this question ever since we introduced the character. I appreciate you asking the question because it means you care about the character. I absolutely, implicitly know what happens. Before when I answered this question, there were certain possibilities, but now I definitely know because George and I sat down and talked about it finally, and locked it all down, since he was retiring.
    It’s in my brain, I haven’t told her (Eckstein), she doesn’t get to know. If we did it one way, I could go back to the studio and shoot it a different way which would be really funny. She’d think she knew but she wouldn’t know – I love that kinds of humor. So until I get to screen it, you can’t trust me. I’m a trickster and I would just coyote you. What would you like to see happen? I’ve never asked anybody that before.
    Boy: Captain Rex kills Ahsoka.
    Filoni: Wow! (cast reacts in shock) You’re one for the drama.
    Baker: Whoa.. wait a minute.
    Filoni: (To Dee) Haha! You didn’t see that coming. You thought an innocent kid out there – Game on! That’s what his shirt says. Order 66 – Boom! Ahsoka – too bad!

From later in the Q&A, they pick up that thread again:
    Eckstein: I think we can say that the last episode of this season get pretty dramatic for Ahsoka. So you can watch this season.
    Filoni: As long as, evidently, you’ll need to stay away from Rex, you’ll be fine.
    Eckstein: Rex is nowhere near.
    Filoni: I’m going to ask that all the time now. “What do you want to happen, kid?” [high voice] “I want her to die!” “Oh, wow.”
    Taylor: and start tallying it up.

He remains cagey about Season 6, despite everyone pretty much confirming it. I'm guessing he has to be since it still hasn't been announced where it will air, and I think "several episodes" has to be an understatement:
    Q: Is Season Five going to be the last season of The Clone Wars?
    Filoni: A heavy hitting question, right out of the box. Is Season five going to be the last season of The Clone Wars? To be honest, we’ve just kept making episodes, and I plan to keep making episodes until they tell me to stop. Because of our production system, we have several episodes in production beyond season five. Beyond that, I really can’t say and that’s not unusual for a television show. Even season to season you’re never quite sure. You never know.

rumblewagon, Paul22Scholes and Seerow like this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Filoni: I’m going to ask that all the time now. “What do you want to happen, kid?” [high voice] “I want her to die!” “Oh, wow.”
    Timmeh!

LOL

Rex? Not in the season 5 finale.

20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I don't think she's saying Rex is not in the finale... I think they were all joking around at that point and she was just saying by the time they get to Order 66 (not the S5 finale) she is hoping/commanding to Dave that Rex won't be there to shoot her. ;)

rumblewagon likes this.
  21. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I got it! Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter! Ahsoka will do something along the lines that the Padawan (whose name escapes me) Starring Ventress as Maul

22. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    double post, my bad

23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    How do we know that? Cato Neimoidia could be apart of the Clovis arc for all we know.

24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I hope Ahsoka isn't portrayed as a weakling in the next arc. If she is saved by a circus again, by the Eternal, I'll smash LucasFilm!

25. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Cato Neimoidia is seen in the latest issue of Star Wars Insider and shows concept art stating it is featured in 'Sabotage.'