main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    "Hi guys, Dave Filoni here. I guess you'll never find out what happens to Ahsoka and Rex after all. Ah ha ha ha. ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

Seerow likes this.
  2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    All in favour of marching on Skywalker Ranch, raise your hands.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure some EU writer would love to finish their story if that were the case. :p

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I have not bought four blu-ray sets to not get a proper ending, dam* it!

Seerow likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Pffft... with all the work put into season 6 and possibly season 7 and beyond we're getting an ending that isn't coming for at least a few more years.

Watto, 07jonesj and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, 3D doesn't add anything to the film. I don't think it even makes it more immersive.

Episode I 3D did poorly because it was Episode I. :p

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    One of the writers said they'd written the end now on Twitter, right? That would mean Season 8, likely.

Even if it was cancelled, they'd still release Season 6 on Blu-Ray/DVD because they've already made it. And they'd likely make one more arc as a finale - some shows do that when they're cancelled.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  8. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    lol@ the idea of this show being cancelled.

QuangoFett, Seerow and Watto like this.
  9. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I actually liked how they applied the 3D to Ep. I. (That doesn't mean I like the movie any more. :p ) But you'd really need a large screen to get much/any benefit in immersion. And that section of the market is pretty small and generally not interested in Star Wars. That said, I'd much rather they fix the story instead of convert the PT to 3D.

As for TCW and cancellation, they have way too much invested to end it at this point. At around $2 mil per episode and with a good bit of them nearly completed or completed, there's no way they'd throw them out.

07jonesj likes this.
  10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yup, I could care less about canceling 3D conversions for movies I already own. I'm all about the new stuff which includes the Clone Wars of course. They aren't going to cancel something that is just now coming into its prime, Lucasfilm Animation is a well honed machine that basically will print money for them (blu ray, toys, ad money) and is producing the best Star Wars we have had in years. Whereas the 3D conversions are wastes of their Lucasfilm/ILM movie resources that get in the way of Ep 7 resources. Animation is separate.

11. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Yes, while I was looking forward to the original trilogy in 3-D, I'd take a season of TCW versus a 3-D converted film any day.

12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't even know how the OT would have worked in 3D. Surely it would look tacky given the age? I know the OT CGI holds up very well (some of it better than TPM) but I don't know how 3D would work without it just looking... bad.

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, never having seen AoTC in a theater I was REALLY looking forward to seeing it in 3D - and ROTS, too. I loved the extra depth TPM had in 3D.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    3D is a pain if you already wear glasses.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I saw AOTC in the theater 10 times and I still wanted to see it in 3D. Dammit dammit dammit.

As far as 3D, I don't love it but don't hate it either, I thought parts of TPM were well done in 3D, Anakin fixing his podracer while in motion being one example. I can't relate to the glasses issue, I'm far-sighted so I don't wear mine to watch movies, but I know my kids complain that the glasses don't fit them when I've taken them to 3D movies.

fistofan1 likes this.
  16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Am I the only one devastated by the news that the 3D movies have been postponed? TPM's conversion was pretty lackluster but I saw the preview of AOTC at CVI and it was spectacular. I'm not a big fan of 3D by any account but I still wanted to experience the Saga in a new way, in theaters no less. Hopefully "postponed" means pushed back a few months and not "cancelled".

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wouldn't say "devastated" but I am extremely disappointed.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The secret to 3D IMO is you have the sit right square in the middle of the damn theater to try and enjoy it. To close and it makes me ill. To far away and it makes the screen look like my tablet is sitting on a table at the front of the room. Two far to the sides and I can't see the entire screen in 3D. Normally its not worth the extra cost to me. I just want to sit back and eat my popcorn. I tend to think it works best for animated movies or those with really heavy highly stylized CGI. Didn't get to see TPM in 3D but I did enjoy seeing The Lion King of all things in 3D. The stampede never looked more epic. Hopefully the rest of the prequels are just postpone. Definitely would like to see ROTS in 3D. Maybe by then the technology will exist to do 3D without the glasses.

19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    It does exist, it's just too damn expensive to be practical though. I've had some video processors that made the image almost look 3D with out glasses, but not quite.

I really wanted to see ROTS in 3D. I bet TCW season 4 and on would look pretty cool in 3D as well, if they could keep it tasteful and leave the gimicky over-emphasized 'jumping out of the screen' look behind.

Seerow likes this.
  20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I wanted to see Cloud City in 3-D more than anything.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Filoni kinda answered the 3D question in the recent Q&A:
    Q: You made a movie back in 2008. Are you going to make another movie, and if you do, would it be in 3-D?
    Filoni: I would love to make another movie. But amazingly, almost unforeseen, there are already going to be a bunch of Star Wars movies in the theater rather quickly, starting in 2015 with Episode VII. Really exciting, to be honest. Work has gone up a notch in recent months. I don’t know if there would be room for a Clone Wars feature again. If we did one, Joel Aron, my CG supervisor, and I feel strongly that we couldn’t do it in 3-D because we would have to re-do a lot of the models, which would be a substantial investment. Part of the way we get the show to look so good is that we use a lot of simple visual tricks. Once you separate the plane out, you might lose a lot of those advantages. But I’m sure it would be explored, because most animated films are in 3-D more and more.

fistofan1 and Seerow like this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've run the S2 Geonosis arc in fake 3D on my buddies enormous Mitsubishi DLP HDTV and it looked fantastic. I really would love to do that with some season 4 episodes. You'll never guess which ones. =b

I'm sure if they did make another movie TCW would up its game way over what its got now.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I think I've been a bit behind and missed something here about AOTC and ROTS in 3D, I heard they've been delayed, but have they been delayed even further or been cancelled?

24. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    The Hardeen and Umbara arcs? :p

A Darbee Darblet processor on a Sony Q004 is the closest near-3D image I've personally seen without glasses. The glasses always give me a headache.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You caught me, bro. Only 3D I've seen without glasses is the LG Thrill which is one of those 3D phone screens and that just looks terrible.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.