main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well I can see where Watto is coming from. Lets hypothetically say there are 30 episodes that have been completely animated that are on par with the kind of violence in season 4 and 5. Those episodes were produced under the assumption that they would air on Cartoon Network so the conform to the apparently liberal S&P of that network and Turner. Now those same issues have to air on Disney XD which likely has a difference in

S&P. Thinking about Gargoyles, they cut...
    -Limb remova
    -Impalings (Onderon was impaled)
    -Robot decapitations (Coyote, Leader of the Pack)
    -Deadly Force banned or cut scene where Elisa was shot later.
    -Kicks to the face (Vows)

But non of those edits really effect plots or enjoyment much. I'm not sure how long it would take to cut little stuff and don't think full rewrites would be needed. I don't think little cuts would reduce the runtime enough to need additional animation either. The material itself is fine.

Star Wars Weekend will come first. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/12/star-wars-weekends-2013-dates-announced/ and is on Disney property. I'm expecting something will come out of this.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think that would take away the impact of Operation Knightfall. Plus, why would he?

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    For any property that wasn't Star Wars, it probably would be the end. Look at the recent DC Nation cancellations. Those were all about a complete failure to merchandise.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And Cartoon Network seems to be trying to get rid of those shows.

I still wonder about the old Hasbro rumor about Disney buy them that was seemingly debunked some time ago.

5. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Does anyone have a clue as to when the character bios on the website will be updated? Vizsla, Satine, Savage, Maul, Obi-Wan, and Sidious all need an update.

6. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If you're referring to the joke that is the "Encyclopedia", I'd advise you not to hold your breath. Changes and additions are often made concurrently with the release of the relevant episodes, so if nothing's been done so far...like I said, don't hold your breath. You're better off checking Wookieepedia, it's more detailed anyway.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow you are referring to censorship but I'm not. I'm referring to Disney deciding they want to make shows that meet their own predictions of success. For instance, they want to do things connected to OT only like Han Solo and ESB-era Boba Fett movies. Maybe they want to distance themselves from prequel era shows because there is a vague perception from a vocal minority that all of that stuff including TCW sucks.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If they do a movie about Yoda what time period are you going to use for the setting Watto? Something set in 600 years prior to ROTJ? Something in the PT era? An escape to Dagobah? Movie Dagobah doesn't sound very exciting, not sure I want to see two hours of him training Luke.

I don't think the postponement of the 3D releases is really a knock on PT fans. The box office returns probably just aren't there and Disney may even consider them a threat to them releasing the rest of their classic vault in 3D format like the did with The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. I don't think Disney really has that high a standard for success from what I've seen of then. The threat of cancellation was always pretty high with CN IMO. They've canceled plenty of shows that were fantastic pretty fast.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe it will be when Yoda first became a Jedi or something

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yoda with hair and an adolescent whine! "Hormones I have not and good thing, too, alone as I am."

Seerow, rumblewagon and Darth Vader like this.
  11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So looking at the trailer for this arc, Palpatine is in it. But Ian Abercrombie finished with Lawless correct? Will we have a new voice actor for this arc?

Please don't let it be Tim Curry permanently.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't recall hearing Palp speak in the trailer.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Was it really Tim Curry who did that final line? Are people just speculating based on the sound of the voice?

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I checked the credits for both Revival and The Lawless (barely noticeable), and there is no mention of a substitute VA. In the case of Revival, I wish they'd given the line to another character, its obviously someone else.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... guess there is a reason there wasn't much Palp in the new trailer.

16. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    If he's got a new voice starting in 2 weeks, I really wish they'd just come out and say who it is. I'm still hoping against hope that Ian McDiarmid comes back...

17. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Tim Curry did the "they're just petty crooks" line then in Revival?

What is the line people are claiming he did in Lawless?? "I have other plans for you????"

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It's funny I'm sitting here fretting and contemplating emailing and tweeting Disney to make sure TCW stays on the air and I see this tweet from James Arnold Taylor just now:
    @JATactor: If we could stop laughing we could record this episode of CW

So crazy they are recording stuff for possibly Season 7? Which may not happen?

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I hope JAT isn't saying that because he's recording WAC Strikes Back. I'm sure its a TCW episode we'll see in the future.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's a mental image I didn't need right before bedtime.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    bringing back Ian would be awesome

22. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    "Sometimes heroes fall despite their strength"
    She never said it until her death?

23. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  24. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    What about Nick Jameson? He voiced Palpatine in Clone Wars. Sam Witwer voiced Palpatine in TFU

25. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Either of them are also possibilities (though I am somewhat skeptical about Witner's ability to do the Chancellor voice, as opposed to Sidious), but I heard somewhere that Ian actually 'did' express an interest in taking up the role. Hence why I am somewhat hopeful he would.