main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Jumper, good choice

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Jumper is not the worst thing ever, it's just a really dumb special effects popcorn movie.

Life As A House stars Hayden in a role that obviously got him the part as Anakin. Watching it is a bit of a revelation. Still, despite being sentimental, it did not fail to stir emotions in me. Plus I find Mary Steenburgen way hot, but that may not interest you.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    He is absolutely terrible in Jumper.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yes, Hayden trying to play smooth is quite rough to watch.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I enjoyed Life as a House, and yes, the character Hayden played was basically Anakin on steroids. I wish I could imitate my father's commentary on "what I would do to a kid like that if he were mine" because it was damn entertaining. Kevin Kline was the one who made that movie worth watching though. He's dying from cancer and trying to heal his relationship with his ex-wife and his son and I'm sentimental enough that I lost it a couple of times.

Watch the deleted scenes if you get the DVD. In one of them, Kevin Kline threatens to neuter Hayden. That is all.

Shattered Glass: Hayden does a great job of making me want to slap his character's lying mouth, which I think was the point. And there was a good "STFU you lying sniveling son of a *****" moment at the end. I think we were supposed to understand Stephen Glass but I can't say that I got there. It is a well done film though, the actor that played Glass' boss was fantastic.

Jumper: ugh. Just ugh. Most of the movie that is. The Roman hotel room scene was hot though.

Factory Girl: he had a brief really sexy scene in it.

Barriss_Coffee and cwustudent like this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I don't like half of the script Hayden was working with, but he was really wooden with his expressions. When Anakin turns to the dark side, we're supposed to feel sorry for him, but instead I just end up feeling sorry for everyone else (nearly) and thinking "Anakin can go screw himself..."

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll have to check out Shattered Glass. I could get into a movie where Hayden plays a character I can hate on.

8. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I still think Hayden Christiansen should be casted by *the renowned career salvager* Quentin Tarantino in one of his future movies.

Garth Maul, cwustudent and Seerow like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That is a good way to get out of typecasted hell.

10. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Totally off the topic at hand, but I saw a commercial on Nickelodeon for a Lego Star Wars set that said "Clone attack on Umbara! Assist the clone forces by building a Z-95 Headhunter!"

I don't know, I just thought that was pretty freakin cool. Thank you, Clone Wars.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, he's not quite so typecasted in Jumper but that movie sucked. One wonders if he can play a character well who isn't a whiny angsty teen/young adult. He did well in Factory Girl but he was on screen for only a few minutes and was basically only there to be a musician in a sex scene.

But not to take the thread more off topic:

IG_2000, I've been happy with the Lego Clone Wars sets so far. My son has the Savage and Ventress duel speeders from a couple of seasons ago.

12. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I mean the sets themselves are cool, but I thought it was surreal how a random EU detail like the Headhunter is getting mainstream attention

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    The lack of updated character bios on the website is most... displeasing. I'm anxious to put the "was Sidious toying around with the Zabraks?" question to rest.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I want this lego set!

15. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Yeah, the lego Umbara sets are pretty sweet, though it's difficult to set the 'real' Umbaran mood with them :p. Especially if you don't have red-and-blue lighting. Still, sonny wants one for his birthday next week, and he's sore they don't have the 'centipedes'.

Seerow likes this.
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Just saw the trailer for 1.8, I never watch these incase of spoilers, but the preview image just looked interesting. I feel like something bad is gonna happen, because I'm sure I could hear
    the Imperial March theme when Ahsoka was walking down the corridor followed by Fox and his Clones.

Paparazzo likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's when ya get creative and use a toilet paper holder as the centipedes! It would be hard to set the mood right with out using a blow torch as part of an Umbaran playset. That would be a really hard thing to make a lego parody out of.

Seems like these clones are being foreshadows as not being Ahsoka's friends in this arc.

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That's exactly what I was thinking when watching it.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Step toward storm troopers...

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    STOP PLAYING JOHN WILLIAMS' MUSIC. YOU'RE MAKING ME NERVOUS.

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  21. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Ah, thanks for the hint! I still have some toilet paper cardboard cores I collected for cases like these ... I'll see what I can do with them ...

And I love stormies (they started the whole SW thing for me back in '77). So I'm looking forward to how this all ends ...

22. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Calm down, they're replacing it with the Magic Roundabout theme in the actual episode.

cwustudent and 07jonesj like this.
  23. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Florence? Florence, is that you?

I may actually have to watch some Magic Roundabout now. You know, for nostalgia's sake.

Paparazzo likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cool. When I was little I took the Meatwad approach to toys.

25. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I love this arc because I have NO idea how it is going to fit together, and I love that. Perhaps
    Barriss is the traitor, or all these clips are intentionally misleading...
    . No huge leaks (as of yet...) that tell us the entire plot of each episode months in advance...

rumblewagon, cwustudent and Seerow like this.