main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official** - The Cutting Floor

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Hankytonk, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little susie jedi

little susie jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    "Is the DVD released on 21st october?"

no, its November 26, 2002.

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Can anyone show a scan of the screenplay, in the Ki Adi/Plo Koon mission?

3. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Remember that shot of Anakin on tatooine, looking left and right then walking directly towards the camera at sunset. It was kinda windy and looked really cool and in slowmotion, you know what I'm talking about? Anyway, I wonder what scene that was to be in!?

4. Skywalker1177

Skywalker1177 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Ohhhh Deleted scenes, yummy. Some of the scenes were even shot too, some included in the trailers... but not in the movie. Which means there is a good chance ol' GL will put 'em in the DVD. :)

5. Skywalker1177

Skywalker1177 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    I noticed how everyone here is hoping that this stuff will be put on the DVD. Well, if it's coming out in less than 6 months, there is a good chance that it might not... Unless of course they already have it filmed. 'Cause doing something like what GL did with the TPM DVD (Completely re-doing the deleted scenes and finishing the SFX) takes time, time he won't have if they plan to release the AOTC DVD by November.

Who knows though, maybe they will just work really hard and get it all done.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    There are scenes that I know they filmed and completed. These include the Geonosis Conference room and Trial which we have pictures of, the Massif attack on Geonosis which is in the comic (which means it got quite far in the editing), Padme and her family because there is a shot in Forbidden Love from those scenes, and the Padme Senate address because we have Natalie in a costume from that scene.

7. QuiGonJinn84

QuiGonJinn84 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 20, 1999
    The one scene that really belongs inserted back into the movie is when Padme speaks to Threepio while waiting for Anakin to return.

8. Thodge

Thodge Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2001
    A few pics of deleted scenes:

Jocasta Nu speaking about the lost 20/Dooku to Obi-Wan: (completed scene)

[image=http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/dooku-archive.jpg]

Dooku, Padme, Anakin senate scene:

[image=http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/captivetr.jpg]

[image=http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/sw64.jpg]

and here is the call sheet for the Ki-Adi/Plo mision:

[image=http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/call_sheet2.jpg]

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    ---NOTICE---
    I created this topic in the AOTC forum, but it was locked a few days afterwards because there was this thread, but I could NOT find it. Anyway, I was told to copy and paste this here, so if you guys get mad or don't like it...I was told to by a mod. Also, I thought that even IF I found this thread, my post would be way too long as just a normal post. I'm sorry that I created a redundant thread, but this topic was buried, sadly, when it doesn't need to be. Maybe this will give new life to the thread:
    ;)

Anyway, here is my post:

******************************************************************************************
    While reading the Episode II script, I have come across dialogue that Lucas has altered, and most of the time, it's really good, and he shouldn't have changed it.

Now, many people will disagree with EVERYTHING I have to say here, but I just want to express my opinions.

This will be lengthy because I'm posting segments from the script, so I do apologize for the length. I'll bold the parts that I think he should have left unchanged. I will also post SOME segments Lucas cut, in case you haven't yet read them or would like to.

PADMÉ
    I don't wish to disagree but I
    think that Count Dooku was behind
    it.

There is a stir of surprise.

MACE WINDU
    You know, M'Lady, Count Dooku
    was once a Jedi. He wouldn't
    assassinate anyone, it is not in
    his character.

PALPATINE
    Count Dooku has always avoided
    any kind of conflict. It appears
    he has no desire to start a war.
    Why would he kill you? To what end?

PADMÉ
    I don't know, but everything in my
    being tells me he was behind it...

PADMÉ
    Chancellor, if I may comment, I
    do not believe the...

PALPATINE
    ..."situation is that serious."
    No, but I do, Senator.

PADMÉ
    Chancellor, please! I don't want
    any more guards!

PALPATINE
    You must remember him, M'Lady...
    he watched over you during the
    blockade conflict.

PADMÉ
    This is not necessary, Chancellor.

PALPATINE
    Do it for me, M'Lady, please. I
    will rest easier. We had a big
    scare today. The thought of
    losing you is unbearable.

OBI-WAN
    It's Good to see you, too, Jar Jar.

JAR JAR
    Oops! Wheresa mesa manners?
    Excuse me, Master Obi-Wan. I
    completely forgot myself for
    a moment there. I have had to learn
    Diplodiaclect... speak it like a
    native now. Don't really see the
    point, actually, but members of
    the Senate seem to prefer it...

JAR JAR notices OBI-WAN'S APPRENTICE.

JAR JAR
    (continuing)
    ...and this, I take it, is your
    apprentice... Nooooooooo! Annie?
    Noooooooo! Little Bitty Annie?
    (Looks at Anakin)
    Nooooooo! Yousa so biggen!
    Yiyiyiyyi! Annie!! Mesa no
    believen.

OBI-WAN
    It's a great pleasure to see you again,
    M'Lady.

PADMÉ
    It has been far too long Master
    Kenobi. I'm so glad our paths
    have crossed again... but I must
    warn you that I think your
    presence here is unnecessary.

OBI-WAN
    I'm sure the Jedi Council have
    their reasons.

INT. JEDI TEMPLE, CORRIDOR - EVENING
    MACE WINDU and YODA walk down the long hallways, silhouetted by a lit room at the end.

MACE WINDU
    Why couldn't we see this attack on
    the Senator?

YODA
    Masking the future, is this
    disturbance in the Force.

MACE WINDU
    The propecy is coming true, the
    Dark Side is growing.

YODA
    And only those who have turned to
    the Dark Side can sense the
    possibilities of the future. Only
    going through the Dark Side can we
    see.

MACE WINDU
    It's been ten years, and the Sith
    still have no shown themselves.
    Do you think they are behind this?

YODA
    ...Out there, they are. A
    certainty that is.

M

10. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    i think gl should have not cut the naboo family scene and the senate scene in the begining of the film. oh and the scene between padme/ani and count dooku just before the arena battle.

those three scene would have added much more emotion and reasons to AOTC. i hate it when directors cut scenes. but thats also why i love DVD'S.

11. Hankytonk

Hankytonk Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Wow, Pooja that's a lot of script. But keep in mind that not everything in the script got filmed and that there are scenes added afterwards.

Anyway, for what I've heard GL started working on the DVD early this time, so there will be plenty of the cut scenes added.

I hope that TFn site updates their section soon with screen-shots. They did such a fantastic job on TPM.

12. BellyButton

BellyButton Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2002
    DVD

Now don't get technical with me, but as I understand it there is only a limited capacity on a dual layer disk, and a commentary, 5.1, seamless branching etc can fill it up, so the deleted scenes may have to be separate, either the disk or on a second disk

Your best bet might be a macrovision free DVD player then you can create your own edit.

13. JarethK

JarethK Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    "so the deleted scenes may have to be separate, either the disk or on a second disk"

So then what's the problem with that? TPM DVD had it's extra goodies on a second disc. It shouldn't bother me one way or another (Shouldn't be too much more expensive either for a 2-disc DVD..).

14. Ociredor

Ociredor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    I really wish that they didn't cut some of Padme's scenes. They could have added some more depth to her character(which some ppl complained about).

15. Meatypants

Meatypants Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Wow, after reading the opening Senate scene, some of the dialogue with Padme about her childhood, I'm really starting to miss some of her stuff. She could have been a much stronger character with those scenes.

16. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    " Also, Obi-Wan flipping Jango over his shoulder, Obi-Wan jumping on Jango's shoulders then leg scissoring him over (it's one of the Select pics) and Jango giving Obi a backbreaker then tossing him like a bag of dirt."

Hehe, the SWWF :D

17. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    As I understand it the DVD is already set. It was completed (or what will go into the DVD was decided) before the movie was released.

RB

18. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    Also there was a scene cut of Obi-wan and Anakin taking out about ten super battle droids as they went into the hanger before the fight Dooku. You can see a good 20 seconds of them in action against a blue screen in that Hayden teen award video that came out last august or september. I remember thinking that it was really cool cause you see Obi-wan and Anakin back to back tearing up droids together. Something that I would have like to seen more of in the arena. Obi-wan and Anakin fighting together. Like the way Obi-wan and Mace were. But Anakin was too busy watching over Padme.

And Anakin meditating outside of Padme's bedroom was cut. Not on Naboo but on Coruscant. There was a select pic of it. Anakin's there meditating then tenses up and grabs for his lightsaber then smiles and realizes its just Obi-wan.

19. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    I will even learn to stop threads from dying. I promise you.

20. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    Ben Burtt answers a new Jedi Council question on the OS about the Droid Control ship raid and other Arena cut scenes!

Q:Why was Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi's commando raid on the Droid Control Ship cut from the final edit of Attack of the Clones?

A:The attack on the Droid Control Ship was filmed and edited together, but never completed with final special effects. A Jedi attack force battled its way up the ship's ramp, through doorways, down halls, and into the bridge of the ship. The scene was filled with much swordplay and stunts.

The sequence was dropped from the cut because it added another story to be intercut with what already was becoming too complicated and time consuming for the climax of the movie. Including the sequence also meant time needed to set it up and resolve it while the arena battle and the Clone War land battle proceeded simultaneously.

There was lots and lots of material in each one of these sequences that needed to be trimmed. There was lots of Jedi action in the arena fight dropped, more Jango and Mace, and even at one point a battle in space with the Droid Control Ships.

All of these would have been great to see, but choices have to be made for the priorities of the storyline.

AOTC DVD, you're our only hope! :p

21. Thodge

Thodge Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2001
    "Also there was a scene cut of Obi-wan and Anakin taking out about ten super battle droids as they went into the hanger before the fight Dooku. You can see a good 20 seconds of them in action against a blue screen in that Hayden teen award video that came out last august or september. I remember thinking that it was really cool cause you see Obi-wan and Anakin back to back tearing up droids together."

I completely forgot about that! They even went as far as making a toy of Yoda taking on some Super-BattleDroids in the hangar.

[image=http://starwars.hasbro.com/product_images/84900_b.jpg]

And I always thought this might be a pic of Ki-Adi while filming the Control Ship sequence:

[image=http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/mos_05.jpg]

22. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Why is the robot dancing?

23. markdil

markdil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    "Don't worry, he's housebroken"

What kind of crappy line is that?!?!?! Most of that stuff is better off on the cutting room floor. If all that stuff was in the movie, you'd all be complaining about how boring it was. Too much talk, too little action. For the most part, they did a good job with the editing.

24. TheDarkSkull

TheDarkSkull Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Ummm.... Pooja, would you be as of so kind to remove a few of the stars. I really hate having to read while having to scroll back and forth.

25. Darth Maulligan

Darth Maulligan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 1999
    "Don't worry, he's housebroken"

Hmm, I thought it sounded like something Princess Leia would say...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.