main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official The Two Towers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Crix-Madine, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Well, the trailer recently came out and I'm sure many of you have seen it already. I thought it was the bomb diggity yo! (Did I say that ?[face_plain] ) I am pumped and cannot wait for it to come out. I've read the book many times and obviously know what's going to happen, but nevertheless I'm still just as excited.

I was at the 12:01 AM showing of The Fellowship at the Boston Common and I'm planning on going to the 12:01 of TTT. The crowd is at it's best during that time, trust me ;) (Side Note, FOTR DVD August 6th)

So, onto the movie itself...

(Some Spoilers, beware!)

It's going pick up right where FOTR left off. We're going to see Frodo and Sam on their way to Mordor, and Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli going after Merry and Pippin who were captured by the Orc Band. You saw him briefly in the first movie, and there will be a lot more of him come the next two. That's right! Gollum! My pressiousss...

A number of new characters will be introduced. King Theoden of Rohan will be seen early on, as will his son Eomer and niece Eowyn. His chief stooge Wormtounge will be there for a bit (who's secretly been working for someone else) and will eventually get the boot when Theoden "sees the light". We'll also see Faramir, Boromirs brother, and I believe there will also be his father, Denether, steward of Gondor.

There will be Treebeard and the Ents! Should be good...

You will also be seeing a certain character from the last film who you may not expect ;)

Probably the highlight of the movie will be the Battle at Helms Deep. That's most of the action you see in the trailer, and it is going to be 45 minutes of that non-stop!

The stage is set! There is much to discuss!

2. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I am Smeagol!

I wonder how they did the Ents...and how they showed these really slow moving tree thingys attacking you know where. hrmmm

3. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Well, I know that John Rhys-Davies is doing the voice for Treebeard. Should be interestnig...

4. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I saw the trailer,I think this ones gonna blow "Fellowship" away!

5. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Possibly, but you can't really have this movie with FOTR. Fellowship helped set up everything for the next two movies...

6. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Just a note Crix: Eomer ain't Theoden's son. He's his nephew, Eowyn's older brother. Theodred was Theoden's son. He fell in battle at the Ford of Isen around the time of the Fellowships' breaking.

7. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Ahh that's right! I can't believe I mixed that up!

I guess making this thread in the wee hours of the morning had something to do with it ;)

8. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Its okay Crix, you obviously aren't a true fan, thats all. ;) :p

9. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    So: when viewing the latest trailer, did Wormtounge's departure from the Golden Hall remind you of DJ Jazzy Jeff being thrown out of Will Smith's house on the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire?

10. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Reese, I was thinking the same thing....I saw not only the trailer for TTT, but I saw the extended preview for it as well...I still don't know how they're going to show Treebeard attacking, etc. but there was a quick scene with Pipen hanging off a tree, he looks at it, and then turns away, and then whhen he is turned away, 2 eys blink, it looks pretty cool! Plus, Eowyn looks hot.

BTW, I didn't get why Arwen is dressed in all black and looks like she's dieing(sp)...that seemed odd to me. However, I've only read TTT once.

11. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    This movie will rock. I saw the trailer attatched to FoTR, but I haven't seen the latest.

Anyone got a link?

12. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I don't know about that whole Arwen thing either. She really isn't in TTT. But then again, they did take Legolas' big part away from him and gave it to Arwen. Probably because she is hot. :)

13. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Actually it wasn't Legolas's part that they took away, but rather the elf lord Glorfindel who we never even saw anyway...

From what I've heard, we're not going to see the Ents attacking Sarumans Crib. It's going to be more of a 'before' and 'after' shot. That's just a rumor I think, but I hope I'm wrong...

Here's a link to the trailer:

http://www.movie-list.com/l/lordoftheringstrilogy.shtml

14. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Hrmmm...must re-read FOTR.

If I recall correctly, Eru did not explain much in the book about the Ents attacking. I belive it was sort of a before and after thing as well.

15. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks for the link.

As of now, I have a lot of reading to do, but I do plan on re-reading FOTR and TTT for the movie.

16. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Regarding that Arwen shot: it was in the FotR previews as well. There was some speculation that it's actually from RotK, that perhaps they're showing some of the Appendix, of Aragorn and Arwen.

17. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    I would think so, cause Arwen never appears again until the end when they do get married...but this is the movies we are talking about...and I did hear a rumor that she appears at Helms Deep, which I hope and think is totally made up nonsense...

Nonsense, that's a good word...

18. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I hope it is too.
    How are they gonna end the movie version? If I recall, TTT sorta just goes into ROTK without a huge ending like fighting the Urak-Hai in FOTR.

19. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, they moved Shelob to RoTK, so that's out.

20. JediRaanic

Nov 23, 2001
    They moved Shelub to RotK??? Why? That means that TTT is going to end, or at least Frodo's part, with Frodo and Sam just reaching Mordor!! WHY!!!!!!

Anyway, now that my rant is over, BRING ON THE MOVIE!!

21. JediRaanic

Nov 23, 2001
    I have another thought, it doesn't have much to do with TTT, but here goes...If TTT is going to end with Frodo and Sam just reaching Mordor, then will RotK be mostly Frodo and Sam making there way to Mt.Doom(for Frodo's section I mean)? Do you think they'll have anything about the Battle of Bywater(I think that's what it's called right? The battle in the Shire...)

22. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    The Scouring is, a far as anyone knows, out.

As for Shelob being moved: it's because timewise, they're at Shelob's lair just as the fight for Minas Tirith is beginning.

23. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I like Shelob. Perty spidey...now stay still so I can gut you!

24. JediRaanic

Nov 23, 2001
    Scouring....is that the battle in The Shire at the end of RotK?

25. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    That's the entire sequence. The Battle of Bywater was just one part of it.

The Scouring of the Shire was essentially the time from Saruman's arrival in Hobbiton to his death at "Sharkey's End". Before that, things weren't the best, of course. What with Lotho and his ruffians running about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.