main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Acting in Revenge of the Sith

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthSapient, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sosanya

Sosanya Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    I thought Ewan looked the part but his acting was kinda monotone IMO. Those scenes where he should have been really shocked or saddened didn't appear that way to me. He always had the same expression. He had the same expression when he learned that Anakin was killing Jedi that he had when Padme died...that was just weird to me. The only time Ewan really seemed to change his face was when he was yelling at Anakin on the lava beach. I was really disapointed in the scene where he's watching the security camera...the whole "I can't watch anymore" seemed so flat and unemotional to me.

Ian was funny. Way over the top once he became Sidious. A bit too much in his interaction with Yoda. What was with all the laughing...that was funny. The whole 'no no no' part wasn't as bad as people say it was though....

Hayden improved a lot and showed a lot better range. He is still awkward and stiff in some parts, but he really did well in the transition scene and after he turned.

Natalie did well for what she was given..I mean, she wasn't given a lot IMO.

I don't think Samuel Jackson is a good actor. He's just gotten popular playing the same guy in every movie. The only movie he really stretched himself in is Jungle Fever. He's just as monotone and one dimensional in his expression as Ewan IMO. He also seemed kinda of uncomfortable with being a Jedi to me...he didn't really interact well (eye contact and facial expression) with the other characters well, showing the confidence that someone of his status should have

2. bariss

bariss Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2003
    I think Hayden and Natalie are much better in ROTS than in Attack of the Clones. I didn't like the hairbrush scene but it had nothing to do with their acting. It was everything about it, including the fact that I can't help but think that if Padme was really using a brush on her curly hair, it would be one big fuzz ball:p

I like Ewan's subtle performance. I've noticed the nuanced expressions while watching the DVD. The performance fits very well with that of Sir Alec and the characterization of Obi-Wan as a I don't have to wear every emotion on my sleeve to be a feeling being

The scene where Obi-Wan is telling Padme about the killing of the younglings is a fave of mine. Because I think the deed itself is so horrific, the I-still-can't-quite-believe-it way he imparts the information resonates with me.

Ian is very good, though I think his performance over-the-top at some points. But maybe Lucas wanted Ian to play it that way? The speech to the Senate doesn't work for me.

3. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    The speech to the senate is my favorite Ian part its so well done. Ian did a tremendous job with every line he had in the movie.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

4. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i agree.the speech in the senate couldnt have been done better.

5. bariss

bariss Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2003
    We all have our things, huh:) I mean, the sight of the hairbrush was enough to knock the suspension of disbelief out of me a for a few minutes :p As I said, I thought Ian was very good. I just didn't get into the cackling and I guess the speech worked in the context of the delivery and rhetoric of real-life historical despots :)

6. JediMasterKenobi07

JediMasterKenobi07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2005
    The "Revenge Of The Sith" cast is IMO the best of all six films

7. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i agree with that

8. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    I personally think ESB has the best cast, except for the
    "two fighters against a star destroyer" guy but
    i do appreciate your zeal.

Not to mention that Cliffy is in it.

9. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    my favorite casts are the ones in ROTS and ESB but i prefer ROTS because i like the movie better

10. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    [face_laugh]

December 13, 2005 -- HAYDEN Christensen does not suffer hecklers gladly. The actor, currently shooting "Awake" with Jessica Alba, was leaving his trailer to do a scene inside Bellevue Hospital the other day when a fan approached. But instead of asking Christensen for an autograph, the fan yelled, "You ruined the 'Star Wars' movies!" Our set-side source says the annoyed Anakin Skywalker "chased the guy down the street and scared him away." A spokeswoman for the Weinstein Co., which is producing "Awake," declined comment.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12132005/gossip/58576.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.