main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Anakin's Lightsabers in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthFaded, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFaded

DarthFaded Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2003
    In Ep.III, will Anakin's lightsaber be the same one that Obi-wan gave luke in ANH? We know in Ep. II he had one that looked like a cross between Vaders(Heiland) saber and Lukes(Graflex) saber (at least thats how it looked to me).

Will he have a standard Graflex Lightsaber or will it be like the Graflex but of a new school style?

As another question, will Vader have his "new" ANH (Heiland)style saber also or will it be different?

Obi gets his ANH saber, so I suppose Anakin will get his too. But IMO I want to see the Graflex saber. I dont know about the Heiland though....

2. DINVADER26

DINVADER26 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Both Kenobi & Anakin will have those ANH sabers, as we saw them on the webcam and Pablo confirmed them in his chats, their EP2 sabers will be long gone.

So don't worry, Anakin will have the same graflex saber that is given to Luke in ANH, we saw it on cam twice.

And Kenobi will have his ANH saber as well as we saw it hanging on his belt in that pic of EP3 costumed Ewan standing by his motorcycle. We also saw it on cam twice.

The only differences are the way they are hung on the belts. They have a small black clip port to keep them snug, unlike the D rings that tend to allow the saber to swing around too much as one walks.

OH yes, we also saw Vader's saber hilt too. There was a box of 5 sabers on the webcam.

Anakin's (Luke ANH)
    Kenobi's EP1 & 2 saber
    Kenobi's Ep4
    Windu's (same as AOTC)
    Dooku's (Same as AOTC)
    Vader's (same as ANH)

If you wanna get really technical about it, there are slight differences between the ANH Luke saber and the ESB one. But only us obsessed fanboys notice these meticulous details.

3. Darth_Budd

Darth_Budd Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2003
    Remember that both Obi-Wan and Anakin lost their proper sabers; the sabers they used against Dooku were loaners from the arena, I believe. They'll both have to construct new sabers for EIII, those being the famous ANH sabers.

4. Darth_Tonga

Darth_Tonga Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 15, 2003
    the saber obi-wan uses from anh will look new in ep3 not old and rusted like it did in anh

5. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    The simple explaination is Anakin has his Jedi lightsaber and then he goes to the Dark Side and gets a Sith lightsaber. Both hilts are very simular so we know that Anakin likes that style.

6. Darth_Ozzy

Darth_Ozzy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    or that the design team fell asleep on the day they were supposed to design vaders saber... [face_laugh]

7. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    or that the design team fell asleep on the day they were supposed to design vaders saber

They did design Vader's lightsaber.

8. Darth_Ozzy

May 20, 2002
    i was trying to be funny...implying that they had been up to late the night before working on anakins that luke is given...and woke up on the table with 5 minutes to deadline for vaders...so they quickly made a few mods and called it good enough...someone has pulled a jedi mind trick on you...your humor has disappeared!

9. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    i was trying to be funny...implying that they had been up to late the night before working on anakins that luke is given...and woke up on the table with 5 minutes to deadline for vaders

Or you saying that Anakin couldn't use that lightsaber before the suit? Remember that Vader is a Sith name, not a suit name. Expect Anakin to be called Darth Vader before he goes bionic. He's a Sith when he fights Obi-Wan, just in his human form.

10. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    D-Lowe! Haven't seen you in a while!
    Just reading your signature.
    How do you feel now that Pabs admitted in the latest web chat that Anakin is aware of Padme's pregnancy?
    Are you as shocked as you will be when it is revealed that Anakin erased the files?
    :D

The lifesabre in question is a little cheeky, but I wonder if they have finally said, who cares?

11. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    How do you feel now that Pabs admitted in the latest web chat that Anakin is aware of Padme's pregnancy?

We shouldn't bring this topic in here so I will briefly mention what I think about it. The important part of is that Anakin doesn't know that his children are alive at the end of Episode III. That's the key part.

Are you as shocked as you will be when it is revealed that Anakin erased the files?

Totally two different topics. I still say that Dooku erased them.

12. Darth_Ozzy

May 20, 2002
    WOAH!!! did you just say lifesaber...he who shall not be named outside his respective thread (oops) returns!

13. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    Ozzy,
    I always make that damn typing mistake. When I get excited about a topic I type to fast ;)

14. DarthFaded

Aug 11, 2003
    Will Anakins saber have the Calculator bubbles ANH styl or will it have the Circut Board ESB style?

15. Squiffins

Squiffins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2003
    You people must pay a lot closer attention to the films than I do! How can you tell what type of saber they each had? All I know is that Vader's is red, Obi's is blue, Luke's was kind of white in SW, and blue in ESB, and then green in ROTJ. Oh, and of course Darth Maul's was a bit different. Other than those obvious differences, I had no idea there was anything different about any of them.

16. Thomas_Skywalker

Thomas_Skywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2000
    Can I just ask what the heck are Heiland and Graflex lightsabers? If I had to guess one might be the longer, slender style saber handles seen in the PT while the other is the rounder version seen in the OT but I'm not sure. Or perhaps it is the use of one large power cell as apposed to multiple small ones. Please clarify.

17. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Making this thread the new Official Thread on Anakin's Lightsabers in Episode III.

18. dark_saber22

dark_saber22 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2003
    What is the time of the hilts on the HS webcam?

19. DarthFaded

Aug 11, 2003
    Thanks Grilled

to answer your question Thomas_Skywalker

The OT light saber hilts were made of Camera flash guns, they were those things you see photographers hold next to the cameras that make the flash for the camera. They used them in the olden days.

Anyways Lukes/Anakins was made using a "Graflex" flash gun. And Vaders was a "Heiland" flash gun. they were modified a little by adding grips and such.

they were a little different for each movie as well(just minor modifications)

20. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I believe he gives his lightsaber to the jedi council(Mace)

then a seperate and dramatic scene where Mace gives to Obi Anakin's lightsaber and Mace makes Obi promise to give to Luke when the time comes

21. Thomas_Skywalker

Nov 29, 2000
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh thanks DarthFaded, that makes sense. I just wanna quickly say Obi Wan's ANH lightsaber is my favourite so I hope he'll be using that alot in Episode 3.

22. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Expect Anakin to be called Darth Vader before he goes bionic. He's a Sith when he fights Obi-Wan, just in his human form.

If Lucas wants to ruin whats left of the PT, he'll have a baby-faced Canadian kid calling himself Darth Vader.

He'll still be Anakin when they fight.

23. DarthFaded

Aug 11, 2003
    Oh i'd say there is a really good chance for Obi to be getting down with that new saber of his.

It'll be cool to see Anakin using the same saber as Lukes that was really his...wait...what? **takes a hit off bong** Oh yeah! that'll be real cool...

24. Thomas_Skywalker

Nov 29, 2000
    I think if we see Anakin take part in all these battle and/or duels with the lightsaber he gives Luke I think it will make the audience kinda go "OH NO!" when Luke loses it on Cloud City because we have seen all the cool things done with it and we'll really know how great a connection it was for Luke to his father.
    That shot of it tumbling away will also be qutite simbolic of the last of Anakin Skywalker being wiped away by Vader. He is willing to fight and kill Luke, the last remnants of his former life (Obi Wan and his old Lightsaber) have been destoryed, Vader has truely turned.

25. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    If Lucas wants to ruin whats left of the PT, he'll have a baby-faced Canadian kid calling himself Darth Vader.

Joining the Dark Side was a choice, not an accident that left Anakin in life-support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.