main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Anakin's Lightsabers in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthFaded, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbelp03

dbelp03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    there are no confirmations that i know of but i think we will see vader with a red lightsaber

2. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    there are no confirmations that i know of but i think we will see vader with a red lightsaber

No, it's confirmed that Vader won't use a red lightsaber.

3. -Master_Yoda-

-Master_Yoda- Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2005
    Vader's red lightsabre is in the film...

...but the only time you see it is when it's hanging on his belt post lava bath. It's never ignited.

Don't ask me the source - I can't remember, so would appreciate anyone helping me out.

4. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    In the locked Palpy and Anakin saber thread, the guy said something about Palpy having interchangeable color lightsabers, i havent seen a Palpy like this, am i reading what he said wrong or is there a Palpy with a blue saber?

5. -Master_Yoda-

Feb 6, 2005
    Not sure how this relates to Anakin's ligtsabre, but anyway...

As I understand it, the whole blue sabre thing stems from the toy figure of Palpatine having a blue one.

There is nothing to suggest Palpatine has a blue lightsabre and I really will eat my hat if anyone has a colour changing sabre!

Given that he only fights with Mace and Yoda, and his sabre's red in both extracts we've seen so far, I doubt very much he'll ever have a blue one, unless he takes Anakins at some point, as that dodgy photo which appeared a few months back suggested.

EDIT At the risk of pulling a Bob on you, it'd be better in the Darth Sidious and his Sith lightsabre thread. You may even find your answer in there if you read it.

6. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    There are no color-changing lightsabers in ROTS. That is just for the toys to make it more appealing for kids. I?m 100% confident in saying that those color-changing lightsaber toys don?t have anything to do with Anakin or Palpatine's lightsabers in the movie.

7. dominateur123

dominateur123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    it will be the same saber cause he and obi-wan had to reemake their sabers at the end of AOTC, cause they lost theirs

dont worry it will be the same

8. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    As seen on the TFN home page there is a checklist poster for are of the ROTS action toys. Anakin is holding both a blue and a red sabre.
    Also, in the Lego Star Wars Game, when you play the final lever which is Obi vs. Anikin/Vader we find out that just before Obi takes out Anikin's legs and arm that Anikin pulls out a red sabre for about two seconds.
    So, with these two things in mind is seems at least possible that we could see Anikin/Vader with a red sabre.
    What do ya think?
    Does any one have proof either way?

9. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Is it possible he holds on to Dooku's for the remainder of the film?

10. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    No, I believe Anakin throws it down after killing Dooku and it goes down with the ship.

11. AaronKenobi

AaronKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    dblep, That watch ANH. It is the same saber the Obiwan uses in ANH but obviously in better condition. The Luke's ROTJ saber has two explanations. The In the story explaination is he built his new saber with the same design as a homage to Obiwan. The real reason is they used a cleaned up version of obiwans saber for the new luke saber in ROTJ. So technically Luke is using Obiwans saber design in ROTJ even though it is a different saber.

12. dbelp03

Mar 18, 2005
    thought so but wasnt sure

13. dbelp03

Mar 18, 2005
    does ne1 have pics of padme dyeing?

14. Darkchild1

Darkchild1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    Why is anikins lightsaber change every episode? H is a mamas boy in the movie Episode 2 and he proably will be in episode 3. Man! Anikin is such a wussy baby!

15. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    What happened to Obi-Wan's ep2 saber after he was taken prisoner? Did Dooku keep it and give it to Grievous so that Grievous would have something to start with till aquiring more?

16. dbelp03

Mar 18, 2005
    thats possible but where did grevious come from?

17. Silent_Ron

Silent_Ron Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Dude..., I'm still not sure why Mace's lightsaber is purple. Some buds in my dorm speculated that purple is a mixture between Red (Sith) and Blue (Padawan) colors, so is there anything to the theory that Mace was tempted to go to the dark side when he was just a youngster?????

I don't know where they come up with this stuff!!!!

18. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Mace's lightsaber is purple because Samuel L. Jackson wanted it to be. There's no other reason.

Also, blue is not a padawan color, as you see Jedi of all ranks using both blue lightsabers and green.

19. -Master_Yoda-

Feb 6, 2005
    :oops:

Why is this thread still going?

The ONLY reason Mace has a purple lightsabre is that Sam asked George for one...

And Anakin's sabre is blue...

20. Silent_Ron

Apr 10, 2005
    Yeah man, Sam got to pick his color and GL was hesitant at first about doing an "odd" colored saber, but then he went through with the deal.

What I'm trying to find out is how they "wrote it into the Star Wars history books" about why Mace is the only one to have a purple saber. With all due respect, I don't think "Because Sam wanted it that way" will fly with the fanboys in this dorm.

Is there any documented info on why his saber is purple other than SLJ wanted to be different?

Help a brother out!

Thanks!

21. -Master_Yoda-

Feb 6, 2005
    Try the EU forum - you'll probably find your answer there!

22. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Mace used a rare purple crystal. The rest used the standard blue/green ones on Ilum.

EDIT: As long as we're using EU as an explanation, other Jedi have lightsabers of colors other than blue or green (ie, Plo Koon has a yellow lightsaber, Saesee Tiin and Ki-Adi-Mundi also have purple) that aren't in the movies. This could be argued as them having two lightsabers, one "trophy" lightsaber, the ones that they feel are very important, and "fighting" lightsabers, the blades that they use in combat because they don't want to get their good ones damaged. It could also explain why there only seem to be about half a dozen different designs for Jedi lightsabers in the films.

23. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    Silent_Ron posted on 4/18/05 4:16pm
    With all due respect, I don't think "Because Sam wanted it that way" will fly with the fanboys in this dorm. [hr][/blockquote]

That's exactly why George was hesitant to give Sam a purple lightsaber. George knows his fans and knew that some fans just like some of us here can't get the point that the only thing different about Mace's lightsaber is that it's purple, other than that it's the same as a red, green, or blue lightsaber.

24. Silent_Ron

Apr 10, 2005
    Thanks guys!

I was actually just told to check out the Clone Wars Season I. There is a scene where two Jedi are in a cave that has the "saber" crystals inside, and there are blue, green, and purple ones.

For the sake of discussion, I wonder why Mace chose purple, and by the same token why hasn't anyone else picked that crystal.

Peace!

25. dbelp03

Mar 18, 2005
    he chose that crystal becuase he was a sith but returned to the light if u look in the star wars dictonary it will tell u the whole stry behind it but to sum it up purple is a dark side color but mace is the most evil person they have so he choose a purple sabre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.