main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Anakin's Origins

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Croco, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I was the author for some of that Wikipedia material... specifically the "alternatively to the aforementioned sources" part. It should be noted that, in the Luceno books, when a dark sider talks about balance, they're not talking about balance the way the Jedi see it, they're talking about the supremacy of the dark side.

As with most attempts to edit Wikipedia, it seems my contribution was changed after the fact. I did not leave the entry stating that "Sidious did not learn Plagueis's secret for the creation of life" ( the "Plagueis's" is clearly someone else, I would not have written that ).
    What was taken out: I stated that Dark Lord implies that Sidious, if he had the power to create life, did not have enough skill to create a being with Anakin's potential.

I feel that ROTS shows he did have the basic idea behind the "secret".

2. AL_Patterson

AL_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    Basically ol' GL doesn't even know how he was created? Or hasn't thought of it yet? Or just won't tell us?

3. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I'm assuming that last part isn't serious?? Obviously, as in the case of Maul, he would have been kept hidden from the Jedi.

Also, if Darth Plagueis created Anakin, it didn't happen on Tatooine. It happened on "Undisclosed Planet", which lies in "Undisclosed Location".

4. AL_Patterson

AL_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    Ah yes, if the Sith had created him, why would they have left him with Shmi? Wouldn't they have taken him already? Yoda says he's too old just at the age of 9. The Sith definitely would have taken him sooner if they had created him and knew about him.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Because Darth Sidious killed his Master, before knowing about Anakin. By the time he did know, it was well past his birth and he was nine. Or if Palpatine did it, he left him there as the ultimate surprise. The trojan horse, if you will.

6. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    I can accept the first part, for Sids can anticipate the future pretty well. In ROTJ Sidious tells Vader that Luke will come to Vader, Vader will bring the boy to Sidious.

Also, I thought Sids defintely knew that Plagueis created a life form and that played a part in deciding to kill his master -- he realized his days were numbered if the force created life form ever entered the picture with Plagueis still alive.

Since Sids already had Maul in tow, he likely knew that one day the boy would be brought to him, maybe even knew he'd be wrapped in a big Jedi bow. But finding the boy on his own would preoccupy his plans to divide and conquer the galaxy. So he trusted that the chaos he would consistently introduce would somehow bring the boy eventually to him.

7. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
  8. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I like to think that Darth Plagueis created Anakin. In one part of the story, it is implied that the Force created Anakin. In another, it is implied that Plagueis created Anakin through the Force.

I like the Darth Plagueis's creation option, as the other implies a form of Christ-like conception, and that idea I don't like.

9. FirBholg

FirBholg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Yes, I also lean toward the Sith creation theory: "He could even influence the midichlorians to create ...Life!" The stress Sidious lays on the midichlorians, which is one of the few mentions they get late in the PT, hints that this is tied back to that mysterious meeting on Tatooine, and also suggests why the midichlorians were introduced as a concept.

Is it coincidence that the place and time that the Sith choose to reveal themselves to the Jedi happens to be when Anakin has just entered Jedi custody? In fact, the first attack happens in his presence. As Obi-Wan would later say, "In my experience, there is no such thing as Luck."

10. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Actually it's the only mention they get late in the PT ( outside of EU ).

11. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Anakin is Plaguis's clone. Didn't you know?

12. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    That is not why midichlorians were introduced as a concept...GL bowed to fans who after ROTS thought the Sith deal was cool and said it was fine with him if they wanted to construe it that way in their minds. Way back in TPM, that hadn't even been considered. Nonetheless, it is cool whatever way fans wish to think about it. I personally love the character Anakin Skywalker/Vader and I think it makes for a cooler story arc for him to have been forged by the Force because it speaks toward purity and that is how the story ended up. I think if the story ended with him as Vader, I would like the other theory because it would be more in line with the storyline. On the other hand, I do see some merit in Anakin ending up shoving the Sith's work back in their faces [face_laugh] and it does make them look highly stupid in the end to have allowed the Jedi to get their hands on him - plus of course growing up for 9 years as a compassionate loving kid - admittedly, the Sith looking idiotic for all of their supposed cunning and brilliance has its attraction too. However, the purity idea rings sweeter for me because it is after all, a 6 movie hero's tale of Anakin - Vader - Anakin.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    How do you know this? Are you somehow privy to the inner thought process of George Lucas?

"After ROTS" has nothing to do with it. The implication that it was done by the Sith is in ROTS.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Up for new discussion...

15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I like this.

Very consistent with the OT.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    However, everything he said up to that point was pretty much reliable.

17. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Up for current discussion.

18. X-Factor

X-Factor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    Thanks, Dark_Jedi_Kenobi.:) I must've missed that... Sorry for the redundacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.