main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Anakin's Origins

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Croco, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Skywalkers were never anyone famous, until Anakin won the Boonta Eve Podrace. From there, they became known for their deeds throughout the galaxy.

2. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Anakin has no father as Shmi stated to Qui-Gon in TPM.

"There was no father. I carried him, I gave birth. I can't explain what happened."
    --Shmi Skywalker

3. Aatiyki

Aatiyki Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    Well, not famous, just that, well I thought I read somewhere that the Star Wars history, Jedi history, started with a Skywalker, I'll have to go look it up sometime to be sure.

4. snooper_1989

snooper_1989 Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2002
    Okay i know were all familiar with the father son thing, ever thought that anikins father was Senator Palpatine. So that would make Luke his Great Grandson. It might even be qui-gons master count dooku. So in a mathematical equasion it would look like this. < = son, > = kill and goes from left to right. Palpatine < Dooku < Anaikin < Luke
    Anikin > Dooku, Anikin > Palpatine. So do you see what i am getting at?

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    In the second draft of ANH, the Skywalker was the one who created the Jedi Bendu Order. He had 12 sons, who each became a Jedi Bendu. One was Luke Starkiller.

6. Siggeman

Siggeman Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2002
    Anakin has NO father. I think Shimi would know if ther had been one ;)

7. Dark_Tranquillity

Dark_Tranquillity Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2002
    Well, the idea is that Anakin was supposedly conceived by the midichlorians. Analagous to a savior-esque conception... Jesus-like.

8. DarthVidious

DarthVidious Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2002
    In all likelihood, Lucas will NOT reveal a twist in Anakin's origins.

But -- for the sake of unfounded speculation -- suppose Lucas had intended such a twist when he first concieved the idea of a backstory. Suppose he revealed critical pieces of evidence in the first two movies, but refrained from tying those pieces together until the third movie.

Two alien elements intrude into the Star Wars universe in Episodes 1 and 2(no, not corny dialogue and bad acting; they emerged prominently in RTOJ).
    Intruder #1: midochlorians. Why would Lucas use cellular symbionts to create some quasi-scientific explanation of the force? After Yoda's eloquent description of the force in ESB, Qui Gon's spiel sounds like a Biotech company's press notes.

Intruder #2: Count Dooku. The sudden appearance of the rogue Jedi surprised viewers who hadn't spoiled themselves with ATOC's plot before seeing the movie. Many folks asked, "who the hell is Count Dooku?" Why would Lucas add another major character to an already cluttered cast? Although likely a plot device to explain the CLone Wars, the rogue Jedi might have a more intimate and sinister connection to the story. So try this:

Count Dooku genetically engineered Anakin to be his apprentice (the rogue Jedi, thinking the Sith extinct, sought to resurrect the order) Learning the Sith still lived in the person of one Darth Sidious, Dooku panicked, bastardizing his creation by selling it (and the woman whom he had impregnated)to Tatoonine slave owners. Dooku carried out these acts clandestinely before leaving the Jedi order; it was he who erased Kamino from the archive memory, for he had contracted its cloners to carry out Anakin's conception.

9. DarthVidious

DarthVidious Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2002
  10. DarthSnort

DarthSnort Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2002
    I don't think Dukoo has a bigger role in the plot. He isn't Anakin's father, and I don't think he erased Kamino from the Jedi archives. Remember....Dukoo didn't even know about the clones. Sifo-Dyas erased the planet from the archives when he realized that he had made a mistake. Maybe he was being led on by Sidious, and told lies about the future of the Republic. I think at heart, Sifo-Dyas was only looking out for the Jedi and the Republic. Before he could explain the clones (and quite possibly Sidios also) to the Jedi council he was murdered. I think that Anakin was created by the midichlorines, and that at that time, Sidious could have had some control over the force, and its creation of Anakin. I don't think anyone knows where Anakin came from accept Lucas, and it's probably much more siple than we all think.

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Dooku knew of the clones. He was messing with the CIS as they don't know that they are being screwed over by the Sith.

Dooku: "I bring good news. The war has begun."

He knew of the Clone Army.

12. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    For the last time [face_laugh] lol Anakin has NO father!!! [face_laugh]

13. DarthSnort

Nov 12, 2002
    Oh ok that makes sense. So how then it is explained why the Kaminoans had been instructed to make the clones by Sifo-Dyas? Did Sidous tell him to do this? How is that possible he was an honorable Jedi as far as we know. I don't understand the connection between Sifo-Dyas and Sidous.

14. DarthSnort

Nov 12, 2002
    I definitly believe that Anakin has no father. I do believe though that Darth Sidous MIGHT have had some involvement in Anakin's creation.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Midichlorians are his father and Sidious had no involvement.

As to Sifo-Dyas, that's the $64,000 question.

16. Aatiyki

Aatiyki Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    Of course Dooku knew about the clones, how could he have hired Jango ("I was hired by a man called Tyranus") to be the host for the clone army?

17. DarthSnort

Nov 12, 2002
    yea. we already covered that.

I guess to some people Anakin's origins seem too simple for the Star Wars saga. I think it would be really cool if there was some kind of twist, like that he had a father, but I'm sure there is not. If GL is smart, he'll do something big for episode 3, to make up for the dissapointment of TPM and all the mushy love scenes in AOTC.

18. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002
    Doesn't it bug anybody else, thinking of Anakin as a freak?

HOW do midiclorians inseminate a human female? Wouldn't there be some... chromosomes missing, or something?

Eww.

Howell:

A major sub-theme of Episode III will be PRAGMATISM.

Pragmatic = rooted in cold, hard REALITY, as opposed to "pie-in-the-skyhood."

Believe in the Force, believe in God, believe in the good, right, and true, but do not trust it to do EVERYTHING for you.

YOU factor into the equation. YOUR HUMAN SENSES, your PERSPECTIVE, counts for a lot!

If the Force is not telling you that there is a Sith Lord about, OPEN YOUR EYES - discover that the Sith Lord has NO FORCE CAPABILITIES.

If the Sith Lord has NO FORCE CAPABILITIES - how does he always know what's going on? THINK ABOUT IT! He has a pragmatic "listening device" planted on one or more of your droids!

Simple tricks!

A little "Han Solo" is good for everyone, as we will see in Ep 4.

ANAKIN WAS NOT AN IMMACULATE CONCEPTION, the bad guys - experimenting in midiclorian enrichment/genetics - MADE HIM.

Palpatine is Bill Bixby; Anakin the Incredible Hulk.

So Shmi "can't explain what happened." SO WHAT? They knocked her out, knocked her up, then put her back!

Ancient Arab saying: "Trust God, but tie up your camel."

PRAGMATISM!

-Howell III

19. DarthSnort

Nov 12, 2002
    Make much sense you do. I've always thought that Anakin was made by the "bad-guys", but I kinda abandoned that notion after reading this thread.

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Midichlorians exist in all life forms. Without it, life couldn't exist and they would have no knowledge of the Force. They were already in Shmi, they just increased in number until he was concieved (sp).

21. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Ok guys Star Wars is a modern myth.

The main hero, which is Anakin, usually has a mysterious birth.
    Jesus was an immaculate conception, you dont question that do you (double standards guys).

Why must anakin have a father? Because you're all ignorant and don't like anything mysterious. [face_plain] (Obviously thse that get and accept this, then i apologise if you take offense at my comment).

Isn't it typical of some of you SW geeks to want EVERYTHING explained, rather than have a little mystery involved.
    Besides Anakin is the Chosen One, if he isn't how come it is him and him alone that kills Palpatine? And brought balance?
    I do not believe, scratch that, will NOT believe that Lucas would completely ruin a concept he set up in a previous film.
    What do you think Star Wars is? A typical hollywood film?

Sorry if this seems as a rant, and possibly flaming, but jeez it annoys me when people want everything explained and in doing so ruins a concept which is setup. Maybe you hould learn to accept the whol imaculate conception and then you'd realise that you're attempts at a theory to explain Anakis origins would be a complete and utter destruction of what Lucas s doing.

22. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    My feeling on Anakin's origins was explained in TPM. He was conceived by the midichlorians in a parallel to the birth of Jesus. I accept Lucas's explanation and therefore don't speculate on his origins.

23. DarthSnort

Nov 12, 2002
    Ouch DarthTerrious that hurt. Calm down dude. Like many others I try not to speculate on the writing of George Lucas, but I'm not one to just take things as they are given to me. I think everyone wants a little more excitement to Anakin's origins. That is what this post is about, and remember this is just for fun. No one is trying to say that the movies are wrong. Gee wiz.

24. Lord_Ego_Greedo

Lord_Ego_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    Does anyone know if anybody besides Qui Gonn and I guess Watto know of Ani's divine birth? Is it galactic common knowledge?

25. DarthSnort

Nov 12, 2002
    hmm. good point. well...all the Jedi Council members know, maybe even all the Jedi, but I don't think it is galactic knews, since Jedi don't tell everyone about the stuff happening in the force. I'm sure Padme doesn't even know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.