*OFFICIAL THREAD* Anakin's Turn to the Darkside.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by That_Wascally_Droid, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. xx_Anakin_xx Force Ghost

star 4
    I was on my way to feeling that way too - after watching AOTC. But then I watched ROTS again and it just came across so unrealistically, I changed my mind again. Even though Anakin may have had all the reasons that Lucas has provided, it was just all too quick - even for the impetuous Anakin. This wasn't killing evil doers like the Tuskins and getting carried away - or like Dooku, also getting carried away. This was taking the time to mass up the Clones and get to the Temple - quite a lot of time to "think". He went there planning to kill them all; it didn't just happen in the heat of the moment like the Tuskins or Dooku. I just don't feel it worked for me anymore.
  2. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    He does stop when you see him crying on Mustafar. He knows deep down that he is wrong, but there is no going back now. His greed and lust for power have grown out of control. The power controls him, not he controls the power. Here is the bind that he is in. Palpatine is the villian in all of this, but he is his only hope for saving Padme. And because he doesn't trust the Jedi and has always trusted Palpatine, he chooses the Dark Lord because he has offered him hope, where the Jedi do not.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.