main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Anakin's Turn to the Darkside.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by That_Wascally_Droid, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Jedi Master star 6

Jun 8, 2003
    Anakin is tempted with power and he likes it. He likes how easy it is to use the Dark Side. Then he hears about, or witnesses Padme's death(and, I know you people believe that Anakin doesn't know about the kids but, the children's death, either with her or perhaps stillborn). He blames Obi Wan and goes after him. Falls in lava, hates Ben, becomes Vader, kills Ben, tries to turn Luke, almost killed by Luke, kills Palps, turns good, dies.

2. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Anakin wants to face Count Dooku in the final battle of The Clone Wars. His defeat at the hands of Dooku angers and bothers him, he cant forget about it. Padme sees Anakins rage from the beggining as he goes far enough to scream at her that Dooku should die mercilessly and Anakin throws a fist in the air before he calms down at the start of The Final Clone War Battle.
    After the Battle The Jedi Council seeing that Anakin became a hero and knowing he is The Chosen One give Anakin his Trials to turn Count Dooku to the Light Side and kill Darth Sidious and Anakin is angry at them them he wants to kill Count Dooku not turn him. Still Anakin goes to face Dooku. Dooku and Sidious play sides and it looks like Anakin will attack Sidious when Dooku says hes Palpatine and Palpatine confirms it but Palpatine wins the mind game he tells Anakin that Dookus political ideals will get more insane and unlike Palpys and Anakins if he is allowed to live and that he has allied with The Jedi in a plan to destroy Padme who they think is an obsticle to Anakins training. Anakins anger and hatred at Dooku is now so great he rushes at Dooku and kills him becoming a Sith.

3. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Anakin wants to face Count Dooku in the final battle of The Clone Wars. His defeat at the hands of Dooku angers and bothers him, he cant forget about it. Padme sees Anakins rage from the beggining as he goes far enough to scream at her that Dooku should die mercilessly and Anakin throws a fist in the air before he calms down at the start of The Final Clone War Battle.
    After the Battle The Jedi Council seeing that Anakin became a hero and knowing he is The Chosen One give Anakin his Trials to turn Count Dooku to the Light Side and kill Darth Sidious and Anakin is angry at them them he wants to kill Count Dooku not turn him. Still Anakin goes to face Dooku. Dooku and Sidious play sides and it looks like Anakin will attack Sidious when Dooku says hes Palpatine and Palpatine confirms it but Palpatine wins the mind game he tells Anakin that Dookus political ideals will get more insane and unlike Palpys and Anakins if he is allowed to live and that he has allied with The Jedi in a plan to destroy Padme who they think is an obsticle to Anakins training. Anakins anger and hatred at Dooku is now so great he rushes at Dooku and kills him becoming a Sith.

4. scope103169

scope103169 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    OK, a few things I don't understand here...

First of all, would somebody PLEASE fill me in on why everyone insists that there will be a "lava scene". I have heard this from every listmember, but NOTHING about it from GL. Is this just a popular theory, or am I missing something. Personally, I would HATE a lava scene. It's too reminiscent of the Batman movies, where EVERY villain was dumped on by some acid or biological agent to make them look messed up. Cheap way out!
    And on the same note...if Padme dies during childbirth....I'm going postal!

Also, I keep hearing that somehow Anakin will be tricked into thinking that Padme is dead...sending Anakin into a rage. This is also a popular theory.
    How about the other way around...Anakin is thought to be dead after his fight with Obi-Wan. Seeing this sends Padme into the arms of...you guessed it...Bail Organa!!!! C'Mon, he's played by Jimmy Smits. There's a reason for that! Bail and Padme (already pregnant) go live "happily ever after" on Alderaan. Anankin lives, but knows that Padme's heart is no longer his. Nothing like a broken heart to turn one to the Palpy for answers, eh? The whole thing rings of Romeo and Juliet...don't ya think?

food for thought.

~scope

5. Darth_Head

Darth_Head Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2003
    "First of all, would somebody PLEASE fill me in on why everyone insists that there will be a "lava scene". I have heard this from every listmember, but NOTHING about it from GL. Is this just a popular theory, or am I missing something."

It's from the ROTJ novelization. Obi-Wan is telling Luke the story of how vader received his injuries and he says something along the lines of "we fought, and your father fell into a molten pit". And later, as Anakin lay dying, he remembers the feeling of "lava crawling up his back" or something like that.

Those who own the novel, please feel free to correct me if any of my quotes are wrong.

6. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Lucas has said it is based on a choice.

He has also said "As evil begins to take over, it pushes the Force out of balance. It's easier to succumb to evil than it is to be a hero and try to work things through on the good side. Evil is inherently more powerful?it doesn't have the burden of worrying about other people."

It is also apparent (even from the OT) that Anakin turns against the Jedi and submits to the Emperor.

He also sees the Rebels as "traitors."

So, from this and other bits and pieces, I have concluded that his turn is based on a choice between remaining loyal to Palpatine and the Republic, or remaining loyal to the Jedi.

His admiration and respect for Palpatine has been established, and so has his growing resentment towards the Jedi.

Of course, he's not quite there yet (at the end of E2) but I imagine that's what Episode 3 will show: what finally makes him submit to Palpatine and turn against the Jedi.

7. Thevampirelestat

Thevampirelestat Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2003
    Ok guys, I?ve been to this site a couple of times and now joined because this sparked my interest.
    My theory, Anakin and Padme break up, basically Anakin gets Dumped big time and he goes all into the Jedi way of no attachments while Padme starts a relationship with her ex Bail Organa, then they find out Padme has is pregnant. Anakin is in pieces and goes to palpatine for advice, palpatine tells him his offspring will be as powerful as him and they could take the Jedi into a new era with no death or suffering, after what has happened to Anakins mothers this appeals to Anakin and he goes to Padme to get his children. Padme is worried with how angry he is and flees to the jedi temple for help, Anakin tacks her down crying and being comforted by Obi1, he thinks all along they have been having an affair not knowing about bail but knowing there was a new man in Padmes life Anakin attacks Obi1 and a huge fight ensues which is broken up by the jedi, Anakin doesn?t stop though and kills a number of jedi before Yoda enters and draws his own lightsaber telling Anakin to stand down. At that moment an explosian rocks the jedi temple and clone troopers march in along with Tyranus a huge fight goes on, Padme flees and Obi1 tells her to go to that café out of episode 2 (forgot the name, where his alien friend identifies the dart) While he deals with Anakin, loads of jedi are killed, Obi1 and Anakin fight and yoda is fighting tyranus. During this fight Anakin gets the best of Obi1 but is then fought back by an arriving Mace Windu, Windu does serious damage to Anakin but Tyranus kills Windu then he and Anakin flee in a clone ship. The café owner is having a bit of trouble as the stress has made the labour start as Obi1 and Yoda arrives the café owner introduces him to an old friend ? chewie, Obi1 tells chewie to take luke and to the Lars and leaves tells Padme she has to leave with Bail as soon as possible Yoda then instructs Obi1 to follow Tyranus, he knows where he is thanks to the veil being lifted and the jedi seeing clearly again, as he leaves Leia is born, unbeknownst to Obi1 (?He is our last hope? ?Obi ?No There is another? ?Yoda) and yoda tells Padme to give up her old name and leave with Bail and he will take the daughter to Dagobah, however Padme refuses and takes Leia with her. Obi1 gets to the base where the initial design stage of the death star is under way and is met with a fight from anakin, Obi1 defeats anakin and some major injury causes him to be scarred (Lava pit or whatever) now palpatine reveals himself as does tyrannus Palpatine declares that he will announce the jedi traitors that have been working against the republic Obi knows the fight is futile and flees. Anakin is alive but disabled he cant walk and barely breath, using the dark side he constructs the vadar body as the way to beat death. The film will end with him going after the jedi and scenes of him butchering even younglings in the suit while we see Padme playing with leia (?My mother died when she was very young I don?t remember a lot about her only she was very sad? ? Leia) and eventually killing herself over her lost love. And finally Luke will run across the sand of Tatooine as a child, his aunt will shout luke and as he turns we will get the shot from episode 4, luke as a man turning.

Phew that took a while to write, now please don?t flame me too bad okay guys first post remember.

8. wookiesbreath

wookiesbreath Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2002
    My thought has always been that everything that has happened to Anakin was caused by manipulation by Palpatine/Sidious. It?s always struck me as rather odd that the Tuskans kept Shmi alive for so long. They didn?t seek a ransom nor use her to parley for some favor. I can?t believe they kept her around just to torture. Her capture seems more like a setup ? a lure ? she was rather conveniently available for rescue in the village. What better way to start Anakin on his slide to the Dark Side than to use his mother as a nudge.

To begin the process you remove his mentor ? Qui-Gon Jinn so that he is placed under the tutelage of a young, untried Master who, at the time, really doesn?t trust him and is only taking him on because of a promise. Then you plague the unstable boy with horrible dreams concerning his mother. Anakin surely already suffered guilt for leaving her in the first place and would probably be in a constant state of worry over her well-being. As the dreams become darker, Anakin becomes more agitated until he is unable to keep from going to her. He finds her and she conveniently dies in his arms. If it was a trap, the person setting it would have to be someone who knew him well and how he would react. (Perhaps Aurra Sing was used to set up the kidnapping.)

The horrendous act of slaughtering the Tuskans achieved two things ? it not only served to start Anakin on his way to Vaderhood but also to further undermine his feelings toward Obi-Wan. Anakin transfers some of the guilt he is feeling about the Tuskans onto Obi-Wan?s shoulders ? its his fault that Anakin was forced to take such measures because he?d been holding him back from his full potential.

And, always, in the background is the one person who does realize his potential and feeds his feelings of paranoia and superiority.

Slowly, Anakin is being isolated from all positive influences until only Padme is left. Anakin loves her to the point of obsession and losing her would devastate him. If Shmi was the nudge toward the edge then Padme is the shove that sends him over. All it should take is for Anakin to be led to believe she is dead and that her death is the result of a failure by either Obi-Wan or the Jedi as a whole.

9. scope103169

scope103169 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    I like your idea about the kidnapping/setup.
    In fact, if it isn't true, then it was a LOOOOONG way to go for the outcome. Shmi was a minor character. She could have died in EPI for all that mattered. There is definitely more to that whole episode than meets the eye.

I still hold true to my notion that Padme will not be "thought to be dead". We KNOW that Anakin will "thought to be dead" (as he is in EP4 and most of EP5). To let us know that he's alive will only cheapen the OT.

Imagine an ending like this....

Anakin fights Obi-Wan in the big climactic battle. Obi-Wan messes him up pretty good. We all think he is dead...everyone does. Lucas should go to the point of trying to convince the audience that he is dead (even a fake burial).
    Then, show Palpatine with his NEW apprentice as the last shot of the movie (notice how we don't get much back story on how Dukoo or Maul BECAME Sith). Darth Vader. Do NOT mention that Vader is Anakin. Don't even HINT at it. You know it, We know it, EVERYONE knows it. But in the context of all 6 episodes shown together...it makes more sense. First time viewers will believe that he's dead in EP4. The "I am you father" revelation in ESB will still hold up. Padme will be "sad" for the rest of her life. It works out nicely in a dramatic sense.

~scope

10. Starbelly

Starbelly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    I hadn't really considered that before...I just assumed we would be seeing Anakin become Vader.
    But, you are right.
    If the films are to be viewed as a complete Saga, they should keep Vader's identity a secret until the big "I am your father" confession scene.

11. PhattyBoomBatty

PhattyBoomBatty Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2003
    I think it will be a little simpler than some of the theories floating around. Here is my take...

Anakin is constipated. He hasn?t dropped off any friends at the pool in a weeks. He has tried everything...laxatives, 3PO's bran muffins, but nothing seems to work. Finally he summons the Dark Side to help him take a huge, greasy Chewie-sized dump. Afterward, he feels great and decides to join up with the baddies so he will never have bowl issues again.

Later.

12. Starbelly

Jun 15, 2003
    Your post is a load of crap.

13. wookiesbreath

Dec 23, 2002
    scope103169, I like your scenario and really hope they do something along those lines to keep the continuity and not spoil it for future audiences. Although, so much has already been alluded to: the main focus is on Anakin in all three beginning episodes, he's touted as being the Chosen One, all the main characters keep warning him that his actions might lead to the Dark Side, he slaughters an entire group of people including children, etc. that I'm afraid very few viewing the saga for the first time are really going to be fooled when Vader appears. Hope I'm wrong.

14. wookiesbreath

Dec 23, 2002
    Also, you?ve got to get around the fact that in ANH Obi-Wan tells Luke his father was killed by an apprentice named Darth Vader. If they show Obi-Wan striking Anakin down in Episode III and its presumed he's dead, anyone watching ANH later, who?s not familiar with the story, will say ?What? I thought Obi-Wan killed him [or was the cause of his death].?

15. Jedi Ewok

Jedi Ewok Jedi Youngling

May 29, 1999
    Here is a little bit of the Darth Vader bio from the Starwars.com databank:

"Skywalker was seduced by the dark side of the Force. Fueled by rage and discontent with the pace of Obi-Wan's training, Anakin challenged his master to a duel. Despite newfound power bestowed by the dark side of the Force, which added to his already formidable abilities, Anakin was grievously wounded in the fight. His burning anger kept him alive, and he was forever scarred not only by his wounds but also by betrayal. He abandoned his former identity. When metal coupled with flesh in the form of cyborg implants and enhancements required to sustain him, Skywalker's transformation was complete. He was no longer Anakin. He was Darth Vader.

At the time of his transformation, Vader never knew he was due to be the father of twins. Obi-Wan Kenobi hid the children from the Dark Lord and Vader's master, Emperor Palpatine. Vader somehow discovered that he had a son, Luke Skywalker, but never suspected he had a daughter, Leia, who was secretly taken to be raised by Bail Organa, Viceroy and First Chairman of Alderaan."

All we can really say for sure is that Anakin is wounded in a duel with Obi-Wan, with no mention of location and lava. He has no idea of the twins at the time of his downfall. He receives the cyborg implants and takes on the name of Vader. But, the part that really intrigues me is the idea of betrayal that fuels his burning anger. What does this betrayal center on> Is it just Obi-Wan or is Padme involved? Whatever it is, it should be a helluva story.

16. darthkjv

darthkjv Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2003
    I posted the bones of this theory in another thread that I can't remember the name of.

The Jedi Council and Padme figure out that Palpatine is evil while Obi-Wan and Anakin are off fighting in the Clone Wars. The Jedi recall that Obi-Wan said that Dooku claimed to know of this, so the Jedi and Padme throw in with the Separatists.

Obi-Wan also joins up with the Separatists, but Anakin, predisposed to side with Palpatine and deeply angry with Dooku for his injuries, remains loyal to the Republic.

Which leads Anakin and Padme to separate.

Rejected by his wife, mentor and peers, Anakin no longer considers himself a Jedi, but is not yet Vader. He is the Republic's most powerful ally.

Palpatine declares the Jedi to be traitors and sends Anakin out to hunt them down, perhaps aided by Boba Fett and other bounty hunters. Anakin believes himself to be 100% right in this, and his ulterior motive is to prove that he is right to Padme and Obi-Wan.

Meanwhile, Padme confesses to longtime senate ally Bail Organa (who has also sided with the separatists) that she is pregnant, but not yet showing.

Anakin tracks down Dooku, who is defended by Obi-Wan and Mace Windu, and there is a four-way battle. In order to be victorious in this battle, Anakin has to fully call upon the dark side for the first time. Mace Windu is killed, Obi-Wan fights to a draw and suddenly Dooku turns on Obi-Wan. He is a real Sith after all!

Dooku fries Obi-Wan with force lightning, causing him lasting injury that accounts for his more reticent fighting style in ANH. Anakin kills Dooku, who dies in a force explosion like Palpatine in ROTJ, seriously maiming Anakin.

Anakin is brought back to Coruscant for medical care. Padme comes to visit him and he gloats over the fact that her side was led by a Sith, not his. They argue and Padme leaves, broken-hearted.

Meanwhile, the remaining Jedi have been killed or have gone into hiding. Anakin is fitted with basic life support prosthetics and goes to see Palpatine.

It is now that Palpatine is revealed to be Sideous. He tells Anakin of how he has manipulated every aspect of his life for the past decade to get him to this moment. Anakin is incredulous, realizing he has lost Padme for nothing and killed innocent Jedi. He rejects Palpatine (like Luke) and Palpatine unleashes the force lightning again, further injuring Anakin, but Anakin calls upon the darkside once more and is consumed by it (as Palpatine had hoped) and agrees to become is apprentice if he agrees to leave Padme alone.

Padme, Bail Organa, Yoda and Obi Wan hide out on Dagobah and plan what to do about the children. Padme returns to Alderaan with Organa, Ben takes off for Tatooine and Yoda stays behind on Dagobah.

The finale takes place a few months/weeks later. The Blockade Runner approaches Tatooine with Padme & Luke, Yoda meditates on Dagobah, Obi-Wan settles into his new house and Palpatine is crowned Emperor, with a fully-armored Darth Vader at his side.

17. HwaRang

HwaRang Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2003
    Every one has very interesting theories that may very well come to be true. But to really get an accurate prediction of the events to come we must look at the situation from a film maker's and storyteller's point of view. Therefore we must reffer to all of the other films and make comparrisons to them all. The conclusion of the story must have a consistancy and relevency to the other films. If you notice so far all of the new episodes of the trilogy have a paralell story plot and sequence of events to their original trilogy counter part. For example, in ep 4 luke has his first triumph in his battle with the rebels when he destroies the death star "good job luke", similarly, anakin's first victory in helping the republic was...destroying the trade federation blockade, "yeah Ani!". That's ep 1/4
    also... in ep.2 anakin has already learned to use the force and has become much more capable, not a goofy little kid anymore, just like luke in ep.5. and in ep.5 luke leaves degobah to fight vader against yoda's wishes, and is "...not a jedi yet". Anakin now wishes to be a jedi but is still not ready for the trials, and when faced with dooku rushes in for the kill against obi-wan's orders, then what happens at the end of ani's and dooku's fight?...anakin looses his right arm, and what happens at the end of luke and vader's first fight? luke looses his right hand. They all follow eachother.
    So with all of these in mind and knowing that ep 3 will probably to some extent follow ep 6 we can probably come to the conclusion that anakin will probably end up fighting dooku at first, against the dark side, like luke did in the second death star. anakin will become filled with anger, that is almost a given, while he is fighting or about to fight dooku, maybe by the emperor? like luke. and during that fight he will become filled with more anger, after dooku maybe makes several comments about obi wan or padme, like vader did with leia and han "if you will not turn to the dark side...then pearhaps she will". Anakin will become pissed just like luke and just wail on dooku, maybe cutting off HIS left arm? just like luke did to vader. and in the end the emperor will apear and convince anakin he is evil like he does/tries with luke "your hate has made your powerful, now fulfill your destiny, and take your father's place at my side" this will probably be the most pivotal moment in the two trilogies, luke sees what happened to his father when he decided to turn, he becomes evil and ultimately weak compared to the emperor, and realizes how angry he has become, when he lookes at his father's missing hand and his robotic hand. but unfortunatly anakin will not make this connection and he will be pursuaded by the emperor that he IS angry and evil and he will take dooku's place at his side. Of course there will be differences and more factors as the coming about of these events, but the story must follow the pattern it has already been showing, so far it has been making a point of the fact that history often repeats itself.

i know this entry is long... and i thank anybody who takes the time to read this

18. Starbelly

Jun 15, 2003
    I agree that EIII will mirror ROTJ:
    Anakin will make the wrong choice where Luke made the right one.

19. Jediwamba

Jediwamba Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2003
    This is a very interesting topic for me, and one that i have thought long on. So here, for your reading pleasure, is my first post...

Anakin's turn to the Dark Side and the end of the jedi order is a simple proccess to see.

Anakin has secretly been married to Padme' for 3 years now, and they have hidden the fact well. Now arives a new problem- Padme' is with child.
    Anakin has fought valiantly alongside General Kenobi in the Clone Wars and is nearing the time when he too will earn the rank of Jedi Knight, having been reccommended for the trials by his mentor. The war actually looks to be favoring the Republic and the Jedi Knights...until information is given the council concerning Padme's pregnancy.
    Anakin is forced to renounce his ties to the Jedi, thus making him feel like he failed once again. He speaks with Palpatine, who goes on to say that the reason for his dismissal is their fear in him. They fear Anakin's true potential, but he knows a way that he can complete his training ans will introduce him to A Jedi who CAN complete his training...Master Sidious, a Jedi that put himself into exile long ago due to...conflicting points of view...with the council.
    Thus beginning his training wih Sidious, he is taught to not hold back his feelings, for they will make him stronger. In a short time, his path down the Dark Path is nearing completion.
    Padme' notices the changes in Anakin and warns Obi -Wan that she feels something is wrong. Kenobi faces the council and tells them his fears for his former pupil, yet it falls on deaf ears...all except for Master yoda. Obi-wan is instructed to locate young skywalker and bring him once again before the council.
    Anakin hears of Padme's betrayal (in his eyes) and confronts her, killing her in a blind force rage. Not believing what he has done...he uses his new power in the darkside to attempt to bring her to life- and again fails. His anger towards the Jedi for bringing on this situation is complete..and so is his journey to the dark side.
    Anakin leaves the body of Padme there in his sorrow...not seeing the first gasp of breath enter her lips as she awakens- He HAD brought her back from the dead.
    Kenobi arrives moments later and finds Padme, learing the story of what happenned. Not being far behind Anakin, Obi-Wan gives chase. A HUGE space chase begins , taking then to a planet with MANY active volcano's.
    In an attempt to reason with Anakin, he tells him that Padme lives. Seeing this as an unacceptable attempt to pacify him, it rekindles his anger toward obi-wan for not completeing his training and holding him back. THE fight insues with the known outcome.
    The planet they fought also served as Anakin's training ground. Sidious watched from a distance as Anakin fell and retrieved his broken, battered body. Enter a Prequel version of "the suit". After some time healing, anakin is told of sideous's true identity-Palpatine. He is also told that to truly become the most powerful of the Jedi, he must first vanquish his foes, and any that would oppose him.
    Enter the deaths of MANY jedi.
    Seeing Anakin as a threat to his quest for power, Dooku faces Anakin/Vader...and loses first his arm, then his life.
    Yadda Yadda..you know the ending. Jedi killed. Obi, Yoda and Padme go reluctantly into hiding, Palpy wins...for now.

Thanks for reading

20. CeeJayJedi

CeeJayJedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2003
    Anakin is a very child-like being in regards to his attitude when he doesn't get his way. If Padme were to leave him for deciding to turn to the dark side, then he'd go totally postal. Obi-Wan would confront him about his choice when Padme informs him of it, the we would see Ani throw the mother of all primordial hissy-fits ever seen. He'd challenge OB1 to a fight and then OB1 would take Ani to the woodshed after about 20 minutes of toying with him. Remember, in ANH, Vader refers to Obi as the Master again. He hasn't forgotten the whoopin' yet!!

21. defnop234

defnop234 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2002
    It is my belief anakin turns to the dark side to prevent padme from dying.

I also belive padme "betrays" anakin somehow,not in an affair,thats lame and un star warsish,but,i do believe anakin is lead to believe padme and or obi-wan betray him,this after he turns to the dark side in order to prevent those he loves from dying.this fuels his anger and the obi-wan ani/vader duel ensues.
    just a theory though.

22. BespinJake

BespinJake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I posted this in the "If You Value What They Fight For" thread. I think it sums it up pretty well. Poster asdv7 adds some great comments; I would check them out if I were you...

Lucas has already set up why Anakin turns to the dark side. The whole Tattoine sequence in AOTC is foreshadowing to what is inevitable. The question is: what is the choice Anakin makes that ultimately decides his fate? ...

Anakin's turn to the darkside is a direct result of his closest attachments dying before he can save them. So you ask: What is the choice he makes??? The choice has already been made (not trying to sound too much like the Matrix here). In TPM, he chooses to train to become a Jedi over staying with his mother. In III, he will probably make a choice to assist the Jedi over tending to his true love Padme. Inevitably, like what happened on Tattoine in AOTC, his choice will backfire on him because he aligned himself with huge attachments.

And that leads to the chain of events that will follow. After his mother dies, what happens? (1) He first, takes out his hate on those who were directly responsible (Tuskens). (2) He then blames Obi-Wan (the Jedi) for holding him back. (3) Ultimately, he blames himself-- not the Jedi, not the Tuskens, not Obi-Wan-- for not being able to save her ("I won't fail again")...

In the end (of ep III), he will realize what he wanted the most in the first place-- only to be with Padme. But it will be too late; her death will push him over the top. He will realize that his decisions/choices caused her death. And Anakin will hate himself for the choices he made.

In his mind, he is not strong enough to save the one he loves-- the main reason being that he chose to have attachments. But he will blame himself instead, turning to the darkside for the source of his power. He will then cease to exist because he loathes the man Anakin Skywalker. As a result, he becomes Darth Vader. "That name no longer has any meaning for me (ROTJ)."

23. Starbelly

Jun 15, 2003
    "It is my belief anakin turns to the dark side to prevent padme from dying."

Absolutely. He sacrifices his life to the Emperor in order to save Padme'.
    Tragic and heroic.
    Ah, love.

24. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    I could definitly see that happening, and probably one of the higher possibilities.

I'm still not sure exactly what I think :)

25. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    doing evil in the name of love does not justify evil.that's the arguement mobsters use all the time.what they do is for their family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.