main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL THREAD** Animated Maquettes

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JdieKnight, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    At $50, anyone else getting this or any on the series?

I hear is supposed to be five but only seen pictures for four (Yoda, Obi, Padme and Asajj Ventress). Anyone know what the fifth one is?

LAJ edit - changed thread title to remove 'Clone Wars' in light of the new releases for 2006

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I haven't heard about this, do you have a picture of it?

3. LuukeStarkiller

LuukeStarkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2003
    if it is 5, anakin would be the most logical choice, but maybe grievous?

4. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    [image=http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/99/b4/a9_1_b.JPG]

This image is taken off from an ebay listing. The picture seems to be straight from the Previews catalog (comics catalog) where I saw this. There is an ad on the catalog for this statue with smaller images of the upcoming ones at the bottom (most likely to be solicited on the next few months). Yoda is to be released in August as limited edition and first in the series.

The reason why I say there is five is because there is a contest on the same catalog offering as a grand price a "set of all five". Wanted to know if any of you guys heard of what the fifth one could be.

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I pre-ordered mine yesterday :) I love these, and will be getting Obi-Wan as well once he is available.

EDIT: And my guess for the 5th one would be General Grievous. Since he was still a "spoiler" at the time of the Toy Fair, that's why they probably didn't show him at the time. Of course all this is purely speculation...LOL

6. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Actually, I found out the 5th maquette in the Clone Wars line is a Red ARC Trooper!!! Sweet!!!

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Where did you get this Red ARC info?

8. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm such a goob. When I first read the title of this thread, I thought, "Cool! A maquette that moves!" That Yoda is pretty nice though.

9. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    The Red ARC Trooper would make sense being one of the most prominent characters who has stood out in the episodes he's been in. It also would provide something different in terms of character visuals for the line.

You got Yoda with his intense stare and classic pose, Padme in her white outfit which seems to have real fur in the trims to add texture, Obi-Wan with most likely your classic Jedi action pose and finally Asajj with her two lightsabers.

The trooper would provide something different and would round things off nicely. Hope is true. What's your source?

10. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    JMGuff,

It's on Rebelscum under their Toy Fair coverage :) And stupid me, now that I think about it, I remember now seeing that on the poster they had there. Brain fart.

They had a poster much like the Clone Wars Hyperspace poster they gave out at SDCC last year, and it had the characters they would be doing as maquettes. Except Padme for some odd reason.

11. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    Thanks for the source. This is what rebelscum reports:

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/tf04-gentlegiant/IMG_5954.jpg]

Another new line on display was the maquettes based on characters from Cartoon Network's Clone Wars animated micro-series. Five maquettes make up the line, but only Asajj Ventress, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Padmé Amidala were shown. A red ARC Trooper with both weapons blazing makes up the line, but was not on display. Look for a few additional changes such as the head sculpt on Yoda and Padmé will come with fur-lined gloves and boots, similar to the lining of her cloak.

12. old_fool_obi-wan

old_fool_obi-wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2004
    Where do you order these?

13. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    Personally, I am ordering mine from my local comic shop. As a regular costumer of theirs I get a small discount and all my special order items have arrived undamaged.

You can try that, ebay or do a google search for retailers that sell action figures. I seen a few of them taking preorders.

14. old_fool_obi-wan

Mar 25, 2004
    So does one come out every month starting June and ending October?

15. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    Actually Yoda comes out in August so the last statue should come out in December. In what order they are coming out is anyone's guess. I would suggest placing a preorder as early as possible.

16. old_fool_obi-wan

Mar 25, 2004
    Oh my mistake. I checked the book where you order comics and stuff and all the stuff in it usually comes out 2 months later.

17. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Asajj is up for pre-order as well, so it looks like she's the second to be released :)

18. old_fool_obi-wan

Mar 25, 2004
  19. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Yes do tell where you guys are ording them from. I would like to get he Obi-Wan and Padme.

20. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Anyone wondering why they are only making 5? I mean, do you know how many cool maquettes they could make? Mace, Durge, Dooku...heck, where's Anakin? He's the one that SW is supposedly about!

21. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    I've seen Asajj and Yoda both at Action Figure Express. As for releasing only 5, I have a feeling they're waiting to see how well these do, and then they'll probably do a second wave (hopefully) :)

22. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    I'd love to see a Grievous one.

23. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    I am certain that if they do a second wave (which most likely they will if there is a third season of the series) we will see Anakin as part of it.

I also vote for Dooku, Durge, R4D4 and Kit Fisto for Wave 2.

Yeah, I did say R4! :)

And looking far ahead for Wave 3 I would have Grievous, Mace, Luminara, Sidious and Blue Clonetrooper.

24. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Those look amazing. I'll definitely pick a few up if I have the money.

25. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    Some close up pictures from the official site for you guys:

Yoda (Coming in August)
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/img/20040415_1_bg.jpg]

Asajj (Coming in September/October)
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/img/20040415_2_bg.jpg]

Obi-Wan (No release date yet)
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/img/20040415_3_bg.jpg]

Padme (No release date yet)

[image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/img/20040415_4_bg.jpg]

Yoda and Asajj are available for preorder at StarWarsShop.com. Still no ARC Trooper Captain picture yet.

Now, tell me you guys don't want these? [face_devil]

And feel free to post your suggestions of the ones you would like to see if they release a 2nd or 3rd wave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.