main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL THREAD** Animated Maquettes

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JdieKnight, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    anyone know if padme's hood comes off??? i've looked at pics from different angles, and you can kind of see her head under the hood, but maybe it's just my imagination. anyway, can't wait for this one to come out!

2. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Does any one know where you can preorder the Padme from? I've looked on ShopStarWars.com and Things from another World and I can't find her.

3. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    Padme again not being solicited on this month's Previews either.

Anyone know if it has been postponed?

4. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I picked up the Yoda yesterday and he is just awesome, a really solid piece of work!

5. JK_Kyp_Durron

JK_Kyp_Durron Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2004
    Where did you happen to pick it up from? Were you able to get a good price on it?

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    My Yoda arrived yesterday! I got number 5577/7500. He's so cute! I can't wait for the rest now :)

7. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Did any of you order Padme? I wasn't going to but I gave in...LOL. Besides, she looks much better than the prototype I saw at Toy Fair. I really hope they do another wave of these. We need Anakin and Grievous!

8. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I pre-ordered my Padme yesterday. This one and the Obi-wan will be the only ones I get. At $80 I can't afford all 5.

9. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    I picked up Yoda as well from my comic shop. Very nice sculpture.

10. old_fool_obi-wan

old_fool_obi-wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2004
    I got my Yoda [face_dancing]

11. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    I got my Asajj Ventress statue and it rocks!

Very nice sculpt. So far I am very happy with this line.

12. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    I agree, they have done a fantastic job with these. Too bad these five will be the only ones...I would have loved to have seen a Grievous, an Anakin and a Mace.

13. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    I picked Yoda up at my local Suncoast. It's well done and impressive. I can't wait to get the Padme, especially since it's likely to be the only Padme related CW animated collectible. The production numbers are so low on this one that it's tempting to order two, one for display and one for preservation purposes.

14. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    My Obi-Wan arrived!! He is AWESOME! Best one yet in my opinion, but of course I'm biased...LOL. I got #1699/2500.

Bring on the ARC Trooper!!

15. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I got the Yoda a month or two ago, and was pretty impressed with how nice it looked.

16. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    I like how it's a non-action pose and shows the wisdom and mischief of the wise old Jedi Master. I think he'll look great next to Padme when she gets here.

17. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    My Obi-Wan arrived at my local comic store but was not able to pick it up due to shortness of funds. :(

Comics, video games and anime are pretty expensive hobbies around this time of year. I'll pick it up next week. I think mine was number 700 and something (mid 700's).

18. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Has anyone recieved their Padmé yet? She's supposed to ship this month and I can't wait for mine to get here!

(Patience is not my strongest trait. :p )

19. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am going to ask Santa for a Yoda :D

20. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Haven't heard anything about ARC Trooper or Padme yet but my guess, if they're following the same shipping pattern as the others, is it will be the first week of December.

21. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks Meriwyn. :)

22. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    SWshop.com and GG's website both say that Padme and the ARC Trooper ship in November, so I'm guessing they'll go out the week after Thanksgiving. Patience is not my strong suit either. I think I've been excited about this since I saw the cartoon. Yes, I know it wasn't announced yet, but I hoped they would do something of Padme. The cape looks really cool and I like how this is a variation of her battle outfit from AOTC. It's a nice continuity thing.

23. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    Padme is a great contrast to the other statues on this line. Besides the great cape and costume design I think is just may be as simple as the color of the outfit.

White with blue highlights works great visually. Very soft, retro and stylish.

24. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    ARC Trooper is now shipping and Padme has been pushed off until December. I wish they would make more of these! Hopefully with the third season of Clone Wars coming out, they'll give in and make more...hehe.

25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I also noticed that Padmé is slated for December shipping now. *sigh* Her display place in our house is just waiting for her arrival. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.