main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL THREAD** Animated Maquettes

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JdieKnight, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    I just hope it's an early December shipping date. I'll be out of town for the holidays at the end of the month.

2. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    Guys, I just got my ARC Trooper Captain and, not surprisinly, it rocks!

May be the coolest pose yet (second only to Asajj) this statue looks great on my desk. Great job Gentle Giant and now I really can't wait for Padme.

Again, somebody should take notice and make more of these. Anakin, Grievious or Mace? Anyone?

3. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    I can't wait for Padme either. It's sad that GG has said that the line ends with Padme. I do have to say this though in their favor and defense. I'm really glad that the line gave us two characters that are unique to GG: Clone Armor Obi-Wan and Padme. There is some demand for these characters to be made into action figures, so I'm glad that we at least got the opportunity to acquire a clone armor Obi-Wan and Padme in her snowbunny gear. As a Padme collector, I'm very happy that they made a CW animated collectible of her.

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    My ARC Trooper just shipped! Woot! Can't wait to get this one :) He will look great next to Obi-Wan and Yoda.

5. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    You are going to love the ARC Trooper. I promise you that much.

Padme is listed to ship out on Thursday Dec 16th so mark your calendars.

6. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    My ARC Trooper arrived and yes he is awesome! I got #1505.

7. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    Padme is listed to ship out on Thursday Dec 16th so mark your calendars. SWShop.com now lists Padme as in stock. I have seen reports of credit cards being charged, and it is now too late to change my order on my order history section at SWShop.com Padme is coming soon. You know, in some ways, I'm more excited about this than I am about Christmas morning. Maybe it's because I have to pick up most of my SW collectibles myself.

8. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    Funny, as I read this I check my email and I just got a confirmation email 10 minutes ago that it shipped.

Hang in there! IS COMING!!!!

;)

9. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    Mine is in the neighboring town, but I may not get it until Monday on account of today being a Saturday.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    ^^^
    So near yet so far....

11. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    Just for fun I recently checked on ebay on these maquettes and Padme seems to be fetching a hefty bounty...

I hope they make more of these.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Forgot about this thread - I got the ARC Trooper. Great figure!

13. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    I'm not surprised that Padme is going for quite a bit on ebay. I've seen many collectors who call Padme their favorite of the whole line. The edition run was only 1,000 since many people apparently decided to wait and see. Well they waited, and are now having to pay a price for that decision. GG has announced more CW maquettes, but a new Padme was not among them. And they may not make another since the response to the first one was so low.

14. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    I agree.

Just found this on rebelscum report of toyfair. Thanks for the heads up on the new maquettes. Three nice choices.

"Over in the Clone Wars Maquettes line, three new items will be added, bringing the line to a total of eight pieces. Animated versions of Anakin Skywalker, General Grievous, and in a surprise (yet logical) move, a double maquette starring Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee all look as if they jumped off the small screen. No more are planned in this line, but if the demand is there...."

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/ToyFair/2005/ggs/Clone%20Wars%20Display%20-%20Toy%20Fair%201.jpg]

15. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    The key phrase is "if the demand is there." Originally, Padme was the last maquette, but there was fan response for more. The other key is that fans bought these. GG will decide to make more based on fan requests and maquette sales.

16. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    These were my absolute favorite line of 2004. These are brilliant sculptures. I have Yoda, Obi-Wan, ARC Trooper and Padme. I will be picking up Anakin and Luminara/Barriss when they are available :)

17. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    After watching last night's episode of Clone Wars I really want that General Grievous statue. He is a very cool villain and would look great next to my ARC Trooper Captain. Excellent sequence.

I can't see it that well but is Anakin sporting his long hair/scar on eye look? I hope so.

Hopefully we get a chance to see at least Kit Fisto, Mace and Durge on the next wave. And as a swshop exclusive...Qui-Gon Jinn!!!!

Hey, we can hope, right? :)

18. DROI_DECO

DROI_DECO Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    any better pics available of the new maquettes? were cameras not allowed at toyfair or something? come on, gentle giant!!!

19. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Wow I really like them picutres of the maquettes whens the general grievous one going to be available

20. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    After watching last night's episode they just gotta do a Shaak Ti and a Mace Windu.

These will probably be released later this year.

21. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    A close up of GG for you guys courtesy of rebelscum. At about 10" GG is set to ship in September so save that cash.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/gg/ggsgrievousmaqsam.jpg]

22. Ewok_Commando

Ewok_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    I was surprised to see that the Yoda maquettes are fetching fairly modest prices on eBay. No ridiculous $100 bidding going on. Some are offered as "buy it now" for under $50.

23. JdieKnight

Apr 9, 1999
    I think Yoda is the most accesible maquette in the line as I've seen it everywhere from Suncoast to my local hobby shop. Also keep in mind it was $50 as opposed to $80 for the other ones since it was smaller.

Padme and Obi-Wan seem to be the most popular ones since they offer a different look for the characters.

24. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    Thanks for posting the Grievous pic. The different look for him could make him a big seller as well. I think Yoda isn't going for such high prices because they made so many of him. A lot of people passed on Padme for one reason or another until it was too late, so now they're paying double what they could have paid.

25. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I don't see how I'll be able to pass up the Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.