main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL THREAD** Animated Maquettes

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JdieKnight, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Mine arrived this past weekend. I got #1409.

2. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    What do you think of her Meri?, is she as good in reality as she looks online?

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    In my honest opinion, she looks better in person than the online pics. But I'm a huge Leia fan, so I may be biased hehe. Seriously though, you won't be disappointed with this one.

4. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    My buddy just picked his up from a local comic shop, guess he got a deal on her. Is making me think about going over to pick one up, problem is the guy only had two left and I wanted to ask for it for Christmas. Decisions, decisions...

Anyways, here's a pic of her out of the packaging. Second picture of 3, if you catch my drift...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Solo42986/Picture002.jpg]

#7051 he says...

5. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Sweet. Is it just me or does she look a little cross-eyed?

I checked my email tonight and Northside sent me an email last Thursday stating that my Leia & R2 maquette has been shipped. [face_dancing]

6. ukepicker

ukepicker Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2006
    hey question for some of those who got their figures in
    i got mine today and i was wondering if it was normal for the leia to not be attached to the base
    im thinking its not, but could someone else who has one let me know how their's is? the r2 is firmly attached but my leia comes off the base
    thanks

7. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Just got Leia. 7029/8000. Love that smell when you first open the package!!!! Leia seems to be firmly plated on the base. I haven't displayed it yet, still have to make room for that and some other things.

She definately needs a place of honor!

8. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    She actually does have some funky eyes. More of a lazy eye than cross-eyed though. It only looks strange when you look at her face more or less head on, which is actually rare.

I think GG did it so that they would look better when viewed from an angle. When she's facing a little away from you and to the left (the most obvious way to display her) then they don't look funky at all. In fact because of the way they have been painted the perspective is better for that angle. It's hard to explain, but it's pretty obvious (at least to me) when you see it in person.

To answer the other question...no Leia should not be able to be removed from the base. The maquette should be one solid piece.

9. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Well, I'm sold on getting one. Picked up an extra shift at work tomorrow that should about cover the cost, so I'm gonna try and get my hands on one.

10. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    anybody have any ideas on a case that would fit her? I was thinking of getting a glass domed piece to cover her up for protection but didn't know of any sizes I should look for. If there's a nice sized plastic one or something else that can hold the piece I'd love to know.

Maybe a football holder????

11. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    My Leia maquette came in today! #7031 of 8500... just two numbers behind you, SSIntimidator. :D

12. Naxos

Naxos Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    Just got a notice that my Darth Vader maquette shipped out last night.

I probably should see it by Monday.

13. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Don't you mean Dath Vader. ;)

Anyone else wondering how in the hell GG managed not to catch that one? I'm beginning to wonder, given how there are some (very, very minor) paint detail issues on the Leia, if the increased production numbers they're trying these days might not be negatively affecting overall quality.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, 'Dath' is a big whoops. The Quality Control person must have been sick that day..

Anyway, GG are offering a fix for the error. You can see the details here on TFN.

15. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    my replacement leia just came in. #3092

16. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    what was wrong with your Leia, and how the heck did you get a smaller number than me!!! :)

17. Naxos

Naxos Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    My "Dath" Vader showed up on Tuesday. Number 8?? something. Other than the name on the bottom this one is pretty slick. Very... Black :)

18. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    leia was a little loose, so i wanted a replacement.

my vader shipped from nside today, should be here thursday. i think he said it was #317ish, and my coworker is getting 800 something.

19. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    Any chance you found a case for these? I asked Rick and he hadn't seen anything. I was thinking that a football case might hold leia but I never remember to write down the dimensions :)

20. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I picked up my Leia/R2 maquette this morning. She's sweet, hot, sexy, fun, beautiful, wicked... and R2 is da bomb, hahaaa! #5580/8500.

[image=http://album.zoom.nl/user/10119/images/388/2535754/OieFje.jpg]

[image=http://album.zoom.nl/user/10119/images/388/2535755/uBa77p.jpg]

[image=http://album.zoom.nl/user/10119/images/388/2535756/gp30PL.jpg]

And let's not forget the backside... R2's that is [face_laugh]

[image=http://album.zoom.nl/user/10119/images/388/2535757/iTLmqa.jpg]

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nice, Incom!

22. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Yeah, but whaddaya think of this?

[image=http://album.zoom.nl/user/10119/images/388/2538895/gi7L3r.jpg]

[image=http://album.zoom.nl/user/10119/images/388/2538897/3nS4KZ.jpg]

[image=http://album.zoom.nl/user/10119/images/388/2538898/wnJP7z.jpg]

Truly beautiful collectibles, I must say. My Royal Guard is #2098/3500.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That looks pretty good, Incom!

24. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    He sure does. Posted him in the wrong thread though :oops:

25. Naxos

Naxos Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    So how is everyone's collections coming?

Looks like I should have 3 new maquettes next week. 3CPO, Luke, and the Stormtrooper.

I hate the fact the the Cloone Wars maquettes is over after Roron and Mace. Hopefully though we get to see some more after the 3D Clone Wars series comes out.

Until then the Star Wars Animated line is releasing plenty more including Han and Chewie later this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.