main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL THREAD** Animated Maquettes

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JdieKnight, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    You guys are right. I got a good look at the animated Han and Chewie at C4 and the Chewie took a little getting used to. But I know they will both be in my possession soon, since I haven't the ability to say no to higher end Solo/Chewie pieces.

2. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I was wondering if any of you guys can help me. I'm kicking myself in the arse bad because I missed it but, I really want to get the Yoda/R2 maquette, as it's an extremely nice piece. However, besides Ebay I have no where else to turn. I was hoping if someone here knew of a place that sold this at a decent price. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I know these were selling fast at C4, and I'm really disappointed in myself for not knowing about this when I was there. So, if anyone can help I would, again, greatly appreciate it. I will be looking all over myself as well.

Also, add to the fact that I can't afford to go to ComiCon. :(

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    pay for someone's comic-con ticket, and they'll get you one. I have a friend that does that. It's cheaper than buying a plane ticket

4. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    That would probably be my absolute last resort. If I can't do anything about it, I'll just have to pass on it. I'll still keep looking around though.

5. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Finally got my Leia/R2 Maquette yesterday #3245 ! I don't have the words to express how much I love this piece!

6. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    I really think that's my favorite piece out of my entire collection. They really captured Leia well.

7. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    I've always been eyeing that Leia and R2 piece, I think that actually may be my first maquette purchase.

I've been looking over the OT characters they have out now, and I noticed that they should definitely make an Obi-Wan. He would sell like hot cakes, and would look great next to Vader as if they're in the duel from ANH. Character's I'd like to see from the OT:

- Obi-Wan
    - ROTJ Luke
    - Slave Leia? =P~
    - Stormtrooper Han/Luke?
    - R2 and 3PO together?

Just some suggestions.

8. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm a HUGE fan of the look of Boba Fett the charactor in general plus the maquette so me saying I think I like the Leia R2 one more and that so far it's my favorite out of all the maquette I've seen and probably one of my favorite collectables I own is saying something.

The Leia one was a big reason I got the Ikea case to display my stuff in the first place.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~w34payton/new_cabinet.jpg]

here's an updated view with the new r2d2 cookie jar down below but you can't see it to well. It's pretty cool though it looks like it has sand on the legs and in the cracks.

I'm still waiting for the Han and Chewie maquettes to grow on me a little. And a OB1 and Slave Leia one would be sweet.

9. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Nice display there, Zaxxon. That R2 cookiee jar looks pretty cool and detailed. That Detolf sure is a favourite among us collectors!

10. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks man!

Yeah the detolf glass case is pretty nice. It saves some space not having to be framed by wood like a cabinet but it forced me to stop hitting golf balls around in my living room. :p I'm a big fan of the look of it.

11. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    [image=http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7952/macewindurl1.jpg]

Got my order in. :cool:

12. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    Me too. I will note that when the Padme maquette was released, she was supposed to be the last one, and the insanity that hit after that one hit the secondary market changed things. So, I'll believe that Mace will be the last when they stop making Clone Wars maquettes.

13. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I belive it's already been announced that Mace will be the last either PT and/or Clone Wars maquette made.

14. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    When the Padme maquette was released, they announced that she was the last of 5 maquettes, so they clearly had a change of heart(and given how popular these became I don't blame them). I'm merely saying that I believe Mace will be the last when they don't make any more.

15. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Am I blind or was there no link in the shop for it? Logged in, searched everything and didn't see one friggin' link all weekend long.

16. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Maybe it sold out that fast on friday?

Sorry to hear that dude.

17. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Yeah, it sold out the day they put it up.

18. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    On Friday, once it went up, you could see the link for the maquette and an item description. However, if you were not logged into SWShop.com as a Hyperspace user, than you could not see the add to cart button.

19. MidnightRain

Jul 16, 2003
    Looks like we're getting an Emperor Maquette come spring 2008. Can't wait to see this one in its final form.

20. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    So much for Mace being the final maquette ever produced.

21. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    That's interestnig. Looks like they still had some characters they wanted to produce before calling it quits.

22. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    The Emperor maquette is from his appearance in ROTJ, thus it fits in with the OT animaquettes, not the CW line that ended with Mace.

23. MidnightRain

Jul 16, 2003
    Yes, the Clone Wars maquettes and OT maquettes are two separate lines. Mace is the final Clone Wars maquette -- LFL is killing all the Cartoon Network Clone Wars merchandise to make way for merchandise in the same style as the new Clone Wars 3-D animated series. Which is a shame, really, because I love the Cartoon Network series. The OT maquettes will continue -- Han and Chewie later this year, followed by the Emperor next year and probably lots more after that. (Hopefully they'll branch into the prequels at some point as well, would be nice to have a Padme maquette I can actually afford!)

24. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    My first clone wars maquette has shipped! Can't wait for thursday to come. My first maquette in general as well; I've heard so many good things about these pieces. Really excited.

25. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    Mine did too. It left L.A. this morning and I live near San Francisco, so I hope it comes tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.