main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* August/September 2005 ? Costume/Prop Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Sister_Sola, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    This is a bit late getting going, so let's make it the August/September C&P Design Challenge.

Check out the cool stuff people posted in July's Challenge!

Now, onto our next topic!

Imagine George Lucas has hired you as the costume designer, or props master for one of the Star Wars movies! You have creative license - so brainstorm and come up with what YOU would want the characters to wear or tote in the movies!

This is not a contest, and everyone is welcome to post responses to this thread, regardless of whether you've ever posted anything in this forum. Please don't be nervous or intimidated, because all of us would love to see your creative endeavours!

Here are the topics for August/September:

AUG/SEPT DESIGN CHALLENGE:

Costumes: Jedi Padmé or Sith/Darkside Padmé
    Props: Original lightsaber design for Padmé (Light or Dark)

[color=darkblue][b]A Few Notes[/b][/color]:

-Please post your images in this thread so we can have them all collected in one area for everyone to appreciate. If you need help with how to post images, see the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/help/Faqs.aspx#htmlcodes]Markup Codes page[/link].

-You can submit designs for one topic, or do both of them. It is up to you.

-Comments for everyone's artwork should also be posted in this thread. Even if you're not participating yourself, your comments are more than welcome.

-If you have suggestions for future topics, please PM them to me.

[hr]
    That's it. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of great designs and I know we'll see some amazing stuff! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here.

The deadline for this challenge is September 30th.

What happens at the end of the challenge? Remembering that this is not a contest, but just a challenge for fun, we will have spent a month or so admiring the cool stuff the creative people around here come up with!

2. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    i would have her wear a somewhat tight white under tunic, somewhat tight over tunic that stretches below her knees, white tabbards which go even lower than the tunic, brown leather boots, a white obi, and a black belt with 4 pockets around the back, 6 food pellets(2 gold 2 silver 2 bronze), and her lightsaber, that is coming in my next thread

3. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Sketch of: Padmé Amidala, fallen to the dark side.
    Imagined she was fallen in despair and broke the lines with anything she was emotionally attached to, including her beautiful hair. So, those flames you see, that isn't her hair, it's part of her collar.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Tenyon/darkPadme.jpg]

4. Darth_Feral

Darth_Feral Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    Imagine a dark storyline with a villain who is a Sith master of interrogation and torture whose psychic force powers allow him to warp the reality of his subject. His deameaner is somewhat childlike but with twisted humor and dark tones. His wardrobe is simple black pants and shirt, no cape and no VISIBLE lightsaber. Most of the time he appears as a human but this is his disguise as his species can cloud the mind sof others at will making them see what he wants them to. Only the highest trained Jedi and sith can see this villain for what he really is. His true form is a catlike beast who stands upright having horns of fire and instead of arms tentacles with sharp barbs that he uses whil ein his cloak of human form to manipulate his surroundings. He also masks the appearance of his lighsaber which looks as if it was made of a hollow bone.

5. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Tenyon, she looks incredible! I really like everything about it, including your drawing style. The collar adds a nice touch, makes her seem like she's lost control of her good side. And I love the color scheme. The reds and oranges convey the dark side without relying too heavily on black. Beautifully conceived and illustrated! :)
    I noticed that you also incorporated the vetical line make-up across her upper and lower eyelids. Was that inspired from the sad funerary make-up we saw on Queen Apailana in ROTS? Either way, it's a nice touch!

The_Random_Menace, that sounds like a nice design idea for a Jedi Padmé. White would definitely suit her character.

I have to get onboard with the challenge this month and post something. The idea of designing a darkside Padmé is so interesting.

6. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    yaay..my idea!
    ok now ive got to think of something.....*goes off ponder*

7. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Ah, thanks Dawn[face_blush] . The story of the marks on her face is actually quite funny. I wanted her to have something that reminded her of her fall. The most heartbreaking thing I could imagine was to add 2 sterilized tears by her eyes. When I drew them, I realized Queen Apailana had the same marks. I left the marks on because I thought it would be a nice reminder of her home planet.
    To visualize Padme as a victim of the dark side is such an intriguing thing to do. You really can make 1000 totally different pictures of her and there are so much inspiring facts you can add to your drawing.
    So I wish you all good luck and have fun! This really is a great challenge!
    Can't wait to see everybody's pictures. :)

8. Darth_Feral

Darth_Feral Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    heh I thought we were talking about something else.

9. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Hmm ive got this iamge of a dark Padme as a sort of medusa type figure...ive always been drawn to the concept art thats was in the AOTC art book. her hair had become almost a living entity..and her makeup had become a scar..will have to work on this one lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.