*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread - Good Times and Beyond!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by ValedaKor, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I know that feeling.. I will be so excited on Wednesday all day, knowing we are leaving that night.. I will already have gotten packed as I won't have been able to keep from it what with all the excitement.. and then I have to wait for one of our members to get off work at like 9pm, then another one gets off work at 10pm and plus one won't leave the house till the finale of LOST is over.. by the time all this happens I am gonna feel like, or be literally dragging them out of their houses and stuffing them into the car to get on the road.. and then I am going to drive all the way to LA from Tucson and listen to music and hopefully they will tell me goofy stories and we will have a blast on the road.. and then we should arrive by hopefully 7am at the latest so I can get in the will call line, I hope the will call line moves fast cause soon as that is taken care of I have to get my volunteer badge for OPX and get ready for my first OPX shift.. and then that evening I will finally go ck out the hotel.. lucky someone else is cking into the room cause while I will arrive that morning early I won't be able to get to the hotel for many many hours most likely.. I wonder when I will get sleep??? I am going to have SO MUCH FUN!!! I am so psyched and excited.. I can hardly even sleep now.. the adrenaline has in fact been a major pain reliever for me since the wreck yesterday.

Anyway... sorry bout that.. I am rattling.. can't help it.. hard to sleep these days.. Excitement and nerves from CIV and yesterday's stuff has me in knots still..
  2. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I am the same way Cathie, I cant leave until Friday AM , Im taking off work 1/2 day on Thursday cause I know I wont be worth a darn there. Im gonna be so adrenalized that whole week I probably wont sleep much at all. When I made my flight reservations , I could only aford a room for two nights ,so Im only there for Friday and Saturday. Glad most stuff is running longer then CIII did.
  3. swabie2424 Jedi Padawan

Hey everyone... just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Pete aka swabie. Some of you may know me already from Rebelscum, SideshowFreaks or GentleGiantCollectors.com (aka GGC)

Valedakor mentioned I should post here. I'm the senior staff writer/editor for GGC. Just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you ever have any Gentle Giant questions please feel free to contact me. I'll do all I can to get you an answer or help ya out.

Thanks.

Swabs
  4. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    WELCOME PETE...GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE JOINING THE REBELLION...LOL.

GOOD TO MAKE YOUR AQUAINTENCE!!!
  5. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Pete, thanks for registering here. I'm sure fans will have quite a few questions for you before CIV.

My question is this: Has it been confirmed that GG will be having their CIV mini busts pre-orders 2 weeks before the con?

Thanks.
  6. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    As my direct flight is going to take 11 hours I just checked to see what onboard entertainment I have, looks like I will get to watch ghostrider which sounds good to me :D
  7. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    It better Ben, that's a Sony Pictures movie! That's where I work... Yeah, um.... I've not seen that one yet myself...
  8. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Matthew, I'm a film student from Austria and I'll be staying at the Sheraton from the 22nd-29th.
    Always interested in meeting new fans!
  9. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    JediJustin-
    PM sent
  10. greedofan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Eric, I'm not sick of listening to you. Mike may be getting sick of listening to me, though :)

I'm just as obsessed and excited about it as you are!

11. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    You are the best! Thanks for the support!
  12. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi, Eric and greedofan. One Hoosier STAR WARS fan saying hi to two other Hoosier STAR WARS fans. :)

STAR WARS and Indiana: A winning combination. :cool:

Are you two ready to make the jump to lightspeed to Los Angeles? I know I am (well, I'm not packed, yet and not totally organized, yet, but you know what I mean :p).

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!
  13. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
  14. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    If you're asking what it means, it is a nickname for people who live in Indiana; perhaps an alteration of Cumberland dialect, hoozer, meaning anything large of its kind. There are other definitions, too :).

15. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for that helen I just have never heard of it which I suppose does make sense coming from the uk.
  16. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just wait until your IU Hoosiers come to Carbondale and lose again to SIU. At least you still got Star Wars. ;) Where in Indiana you from? My dad went to Purdue and my sister's family lived in Lafayette for a few years.
  17. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well Greedofan and I are from Bloomington, 50 S of Indy. And yes skott , we are both SUPER READY!
  18. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi, The_Sith_Hunter. Me and my wife are originally from Mooresville, Indiana and currently live in Greenwood, Indiana and we will be moving back to Mooresville, Indiana sometime in 2008. Both Mooresville and Greenwood are just south of Indianapolis. :)

Does IU play at SIU (Purdue University's mens head basketball coach Matt Painter's first head coaching job) next season?

My wife's parents have season tickets to IU mens basketball :cool: and IU football [face_worried] (they both graduated from there, so did my wife's brother).

I'm a long time Indiana University basketball fan (still not crazy about the firing of Bob Knight and that he's not finishing his career at IU with Steve Alford taking his place).

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!
  19. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes it is getting closer I only have 11 days to go till I fly out [face_dancing]
  20. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Where did the past year go? Seems like it was only yesterday that I saw the official CIV announcement on Starwars.com the first day it was released.

Next thing I know, we are T-minus less than 20 days before the con.

Unbelievable!! =D=
  21. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I am SO glad my wife told me I could NOT go all the way up until April 15 , If I had known I was going all that time....Wow I cant imagine Id probably would have had a breakdown of some sort by now.
  22. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, IU will play SIU again in the '07-'08 basketball season. You beat us last year at IU, but we played you in the '01-'02 season in Carbondale and won by 12. That was an insane game! I wish I could get out for next season's game too. We played you in football in Carbondale and beat our first Big Ten (even though you have 11 teams???) team ever. We are a Div. 1-AA football team, but been ranked #1 most of the time in the last 4-5 years, but can't win much in post season play. We had three guys picked up in the NFL (I'm a Viking fan now because of it). It would be nice to see more meetings between our school, because we are the better team! ;)

Matt Painter was around for only a year and we are very happy with Chris Lowery and his gang! Bobby Knight is a basketball genius, but politics changed to where his style of coaching wasn't PC... He was one of the first coaches I can recall and is one hell of a guy, even though he is a jerk. If I were good enough to play under him, I would. He is a legend!

Oh, and C4 is close! Got my badge today... That's my SW related portion of my post...

23. rebel-rebel Jedi Padawan

I'm looking forward to being surrounded by you fine folks in a couple of weeks, but to play it safe, I'm double-booking my trip. See, I'm the only one of my kind here, as far as I can tell. My one fellow superfan moved away last year and so I'm making the trek from East Coast to West alone. I love cons and always get carried away in the fun, but I'm staying off-site with a dear and old friend. He and I are both pretty deep into making and seeing music, and I love the beach. I'll be at the con for mosyt of the trip, and I hope to make some friends while I'm there, but I'm playing it safe by also booking time with me mate. Sure wish I had a schedule of events at this point.
  24. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I just thought I would pop in and say . . .

. . . STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!
  25. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I remember how much joy I felt at CII and CIII just being surrounded by everything Star Wars. The fans the toys the hole atmosphere. One of my best friends in the world and I are just gitty with joy about CIV , we have been talking and talking about it as often as we can get. We are both lucky that we can go. Star Wars has brought so many great friends into my life , Best friend above included. I think that I am even getting some new friends just by talking with so many in this forum too. You can never have to many friends.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.