*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread - Good Times and Beyond!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by ValedaKor, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swabie2424 Jedi Padawan

I'm so embarrassed that I missed this. Well, GG did their pre-order on the 10th. Hopefully you got in on it! The Darth Malak and Nightlite Yoda busts are still available for pre-order as I type this. Commander Gree, the Yoda/R2 maquette and the exclusive Bust-Ups are already pre-sold out.

You must be a Collector's Club or Premier Guild member to order.

Again, my apologies for missing your question!
  2. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    They will have a certain amount of everything at the con at a first come ,first able to buy basis. But it is a really low number. My suggestion...Get in line Thursday for the dealer room and RUN, RUN to booth 901!
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    If I can squeeze them into my luggage or backpack, I just might, though no guarentees- I think I had someone bring CCG decks to C2 and there just wasn't any time to play, and at C3 I barely found time to sleep (though that was mainly due to having to lineup for the Lucas event at 11pm the preceeding night...).

However, me and some other friends played Young Jedi into the night with some Decipher folk staying at our hotel back at C1, which was one of the highlights of the event for me ::)

Hmm- Gamers night, CCG matches, early morning store lineup, POTC...sure will be plenty to do outside of scheduled events! ;)
  4. Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Knight

star 1
    In one week from today I will be in California.

I am at work and all I can think about is Celebration IV!!!!

I am trying to get everything packed tonight and tomorrow night and make sure I have everything that I am going to need for the trip.

Anybody else already began early preparing for the trip?

Can't wait to meet everyone. :)
  5. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    My wife and I have all of our CIV items ready to go. We plan on reserving the entire upcoming weekend for our packing and any last-minute details. :)

It's almost here...
  6. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be packing on thursday ready for friday morning when I start my journey to the west coast.
  7. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    8 days until I fly out! Which also means 8 straight days of work until I fly out. :_|
  8. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    At least you have work :). My last day at my job is tomorrow, and then I'm unemployed until who knows when. Hopefully it won't be too long [face_worried].
  9. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be packing on thursday ready for friday morning when I start my journey to the west coast.
  10. greedofan Jedi Knight

star 2
    As excited as I am, I'm a last-minute packer. So I suspect I'll do most of my packing after I gat off of work next Wednesday for my EARLY Thursday flight :)
  11. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ugh, I feel ya...I was out of work for 3 months last year. I'm shocked that I didn't get an ulcer from all the worrying I did. [:D]
  12. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    Heh, I'm a last-minute packer too. I always think I'm forgetting something though. I'll be going to work for 4 hours that day and then I go straight to the airport from work (which is just a few miles away from the airport).
  13. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4

I'm taking 1/2 day off work Thursday Sara. I will do all the packing and getting everything ready then.
    The only thing I have done so far is , bought a folder to keep all my important papers in.
  14. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess I shouldn't mention that I live about 10-15 miles from the convention center...
  15. greedofan Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's okay. I live about an hour away from Indianapolis, so I guess it was about time I did some travelling :)
  16. Anapad Nabooine Force Ghost

star 3
    I don't want to pack at the last minute, but I'm sure I will - as usual. There's so much to do and so little time.

Who's getting excited now? I know I am! I can't believe C4 is just around the corner. Wheeee!!

Okay, is anyone else gnashing their teeth just a little bit waiting for the official schedule of events? I'd like to plan some extra-curricular (non-Star Wars) activities and I can't do it until I know what I must see at C4.
  17. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I understand from a reliable source on another board that the schedule is to be issued Friday evening. We'll see, eh?
  18. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am curious, is anyone coming in on Tuesday?
  19. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Just an FYI, S_H, if you check the "who's staying where" stickied thread, a lot of people have their dates listed. Quite a few coming in on Tuesday!
  20. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    FRIDAY EVENING?!?!? SERIOUSLY, that is unacceptable. There is no excuse for GenCon taking this long to put together a working schedule. At C3, we had it two weeks in advance. Personally, I think that they are ashamed to let it out too soon that they have soo many days and not so much programming to fill all the seminars / Q&A panels. Hence I foresee a sickly lineup of events.
  21. Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah what is taking so long with the schedule??

22. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll be in on Tuesday night a little bit before midnight...With no hotel until the following night due to poor planning on my part lol! So yeah other than hanging out a Denny's for a couple hours, I don't know what I'm going to do until the marathon starts. [face_laugh]
  23. Anapad Nabooine Force Ghost

star 3
    It's a good thing the saga marathon is all day Wednesday, Darthkat76. :)

Well, I'm wondering if all the city tours are or will be booked up by the time we get the schedule. I may have to take a chance picking either early Thursday or early Friday now if it's not too late.
  24. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    One of the Admin mods over on the RS boards verified that the C3 event schedule was released by Starwars.com 6 days prior to the con. So Friday's release of the CIV event schedule would fall right in line with that same timeframe. I don't know where everybody is getting this "2 week" thing for the C3 schedule. It did not come out that soon before the con in 2005. Gen Con is not taking any more time to release the event schedule than was done for C3. o_O
  25. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Me and my wife live around 15 miles (possibly less) from where STAR WARS CELEBRATION II and STAR WARS CELEBRATION III were held. :) :cool:

For STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV, we leave Indianapolis at 5:59AM EDT and fly to Atlanta and then to Los Angeles, arriving in Los Angeles at 11:25AM PDT, all on the 23rd.

We leave Los Angeles at 10:00PM PDT on the 28th and fly straight to Indianapolis, arriving in Indianapolis at 5:00AM EDT on the 29th.

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.