main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread - Good Times and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Considering I'll be spending a lot of my time at the Mercy of Offical Pix, and money is a bit tight, yeah, the rest of LA will have to wait for me too, this time around.

2. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Anyone ticked yet at the lack of information? I know I am. At this point, I wouldn't be terribly upset if I couldn't go. I'm just getting irritated at the whole thing.

3. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    well I'm not NOT going, but it is frustrating. I buy airline tickets 4 months ago, I booked a hotel room 8 months ago, I bought tickets over a months ago and I have freaking idea what I am going to see. I'll be mad if a few weeks before the show I hear it's the same damn crap. Wicket E. Warick and Jeremy Bulloch and some dude that played Greedo.

4. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Hey, I liked Warwick Davis! He was very friendly and quite entertaining. I mainly want to go meet my fellow SW fans, but I hope there is nothing like Celebration @ Celebration, that was not fun...

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Warwick Davis is pretty cool... I don't think that's the point. But when you've seen him 2 or 3 times and it's the same thing each time, it gets old, especially if you're flying to the other side of the country. I like Davis too, but let's face it.. he was Wicket. Wicket!!!!

6. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The lack of any C4 details to this point does have me concerned. I'm sure my anxiety and itchyness to get on that plane and fly to LA plays into that feeling as well. But if I remember correctly, many details on C3 were released a short time before the convention (especially the surprise George Lucas appearance announcement).

I'm holding out extreme hope that the lack of any new updates on C4 = lots of welcomed surprises for us fans. My bet is instead of getting bits & pieces of info along the way, GenCon/LFL will release a large amount of C4 info all at one shot (or in a relatively small timeframe).

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I hope you're right!

8. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    They will probably release a bunch of information at once. I just hope they have more people than at CIII. I felt the showing of major celebs at CIII sucked. I went through the roof after I bought my tickets, got my plane tickets, booked a hotel room and THEN found out Mark and Carrie weren't going. That made me mad.

That's why I'm glad I'm staying in a awesome hotel and I have a lot of other things planned because I know for me walking around the convention for 4 days looking at the same thing gets old.

9. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Well you did have Billy Dee? Regardless of the fact that he was late, grouchy, and obviously didn't want to be there... ha! =) That's a big name. The fact of the matter is, movie stars just don't appreciate their fans. I'm sorry.. I honestly feel that's true. We could get into an entire conversation as to why that is, but I won't. I firmly believe they only go to these cons to get paid and if they have something to promote, or if their pressured into it. It's such a shame but that's the way it is.

10. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Not all "don't appreciate" their fans. The bigger names yes, but not all... Ray Park for one is always out meeting and interacting with fans. He is a great guy and super nice. Mark Hamill is great too. I was fortunate to meet him at the AFI event. He came to us! He talked with us for at least 30 minutes! He took pictures with us all as a group and individually. You have to remember they have career and it may conflict with doing cons like this. If I were an actor, my current career would come before doing appearances for past jobs, even if it was something as big as Star Wars.

I really liked Warwick Davis at C3, but I doubt he will be at C4 because he is shooting for a movie until August 2007. Can he get time off? Maybe, but I'm not expecting him to be there. If he is great, if not then it's a bummer.

I love the walking around and looking at everything. I do it nice and slow and take it all in. Where else can you see everything Star Wars in one place. I walk it over many times because I will see something I missed the first time. I like to take in everything I can. I enjoy the "window shopping" because it's all Star Wars and rarely do I get that.

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Johnny Depp is a big star that really appreciates his fans! He stopped to sign so many autographs and for fans to take pix that he held the line up at the red carpet Pirates 2 premier they had at Disneyland last year. I've heard other stories like that about him, too.

I'm with you, SH, about "window shopping"! I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to SW merchandise. I try to go through and look at everything at least once before buying anything. Usually don't make it and have to get at least one thing the first time through. I don't mind seeing the same thing several times because each time I go around I see something that I missed before.

I'm looking forward to being around all the energy and enthusiasm. It's gonna be so high you'll probably be able to taste it! For me, C-IV isn't just about what actors will be there. It's more about all of the fans that will be there. All with a common passion and shared enthusiasm. The merchandise, panels, actors and all the rest will be great. However, for me, they'll be icing on the SW cake! I'm gonna have a great time because I'll choose to have a great time!:D

As you can tell, I'm really siked and ready to go! I'm just a big kid!

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Well said, jedifan77! =D=

13. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    The thing I like about cons the most especially at C3 is how you hold down a conversation with someone as if you have known them for years when only you met them 1 min ago.

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yep! That's the sort of thing I'm talkin' about. Isn't it great!

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    That's the beauty of being a SW fan. No other group of fans bonds together like we do.

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

17. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I guess for fans that are Celebration 'veterans' (meaning you've been to at least one prior to C4), it's all old hat to you. As this is the first one I'm able to attend, I'd love to meet Warwick Davis, Jeremy Bulloch (again - he is such a fantastic person!) or the guy who played Greedo!! I think the tough part for the organizing committee is trying to please first timers like myself and veterans like you. I think if you go in with a positive attitude, you'll enjoy yourself. I agree wholeheartedly with Jedifan77 - it's the experiences that will stay with you.

Meeting so many people who love Star Wars as much as you do, is icing on this very large, very tasty cake!!

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've been to the Comic Con in San Diego several times, but this will be my first Celebration, so I'm extremely excited. Heck, I still get excited over the Comic Con each year too! I'm sure there will be bumps in the convention. That's to be expected when planning a huge event like this. However, they'll only be speed bumps and I don't even slow down for those! The atmosphere and all of the fans are gonna make it great! [face_dancing]

19. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    This will be my third Celebration and believe me I'm easy to please. I'd be happy just hanging out with fellow fans! Yeah, lines sucked, but it's the people you sit in line with and talk with that make the event memorable.

20. bobaDJW

bobaDJW Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2007
    I get the most excitement meeting fans from all over the world......Its just mind-blowing how this thing has blown up into something that people from all the world can link into with one another.imagine a movie doing that.WOW!!!!!!!!!Also seeing al the incredible diverse star wars merchandise that you never even knew excisted.This CELEBRATION should be outstanding!!!!!!!But I do question..........................WHERE IS THE DAMN OFFICIAL WEBSITE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
  22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Been set as my IE/Firefox home page on all three of my computers and my two laptops. ;)

23. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yay! My spies tell me that the Star Wars in 30 Minutes troupe has just been asked to appear at C-IV! This is great news -- the show is a lot of fun. Their official site hasn't been updated in a while, but that'll probably change now that they have a new gig. It'll be great to see everyone again.

24. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    That show was one of the hightlights of my CIV experience! I am so happy they are coming back! I hope the One-Man Star Wars guy (soory I forgot his name...) is also returning. He was awesome!

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    That is a great announcement. The guy who does "One Man Star Wars" is Charles Ross. Both shows were superb at C3.

Here is his site: http://www.onemanstarwars.com/index2.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.