main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005

You are so informed! It's great all you're doing to answer all of our neverending ( and sometimes no doubt ridculous) questions. Too bad about the store though, sure would have been convient.

2. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    **shows collection of Burger King and Mickey D's gift cards with multiple pennies each on them**

If I can keep these for the next 232 days...

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    in order to save money for C4 I won't be cutting or coloring my hair from now till May.. should give it time to grow out a bit for styling purposes.. something to keep me spurred onward to the fun of dressing up at C4.

as for apartment verses hotel.. you can put roll aways in hotel rooms and get by cheaper than any decent apartment or condo is probably going to cost you. My sister-in-law in LA has a less than great apartment for her and her daughter, a small economy two bedroom apartment and she pays $1200 a month for it.. somehow I think a seven day hotel stay is surely going to be cheaper than that.. but then who knows.

4. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm planning on using my tax money. =) Seriously... kids are great little tax deductions. =) I get a few grand back each year which will come at the right time. For anything else, there's American Express. Shhh.... don't tell anyone, but I work for Visa. =)

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Actually, vacation rentals aren't that bad unless you're going by yourself. Even at $200 a night, divvy that up a few times and it's pretty cheap. And if you're going to be here for a while, having a kitchen can come in handy.

6. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Ditto here, GJ. While I do not have any kids, I will be using my tax return money and one of my wife's bonus checks to pay for all of our C4 expenses, from hotel room to spending money.

It'll be like we're having the times of our lives for FREE....

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Oh I forgot about my bonus check. Bad thing is, it comes in November, right before Christmas. If I have anything left over.. it will go into the C4 fund.

8. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I, unfortunately, promised myself I would pay off my Master Card with my tax return. All my CIV money is being saved right now.

Can I right my dog off as an expense????

9. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Myself and a couple other members of my fanforce have taken a p/t second job to bank some $$, my only problem is i keep dipping into it for other things :oops:

10. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I also have 3 cats which are no good for tax deductions, so no. You cannot. This reminds me of an argument I got into with my sister-in-law. She was trying to tell me her dogs are like kids to them. Being someone who has had dogs and now has kids, I can honestly say there are not enough similarities to make a comparison. She, of course wouldn't know that because she is childless... but I find it funny that she feels experienced enough to make said comparison. Yes animals become members of the family and when they die, the pain is almost unbearable. However, if you smack little Tommy's rear, rub his face in his poop, then lock him in the garage when he has an accident... you're in for a world of trouble. "But their so similar... bah!"

I wanna see a Lobot chick... (just keeping it Star Wars)

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    ...and, you can't leave your kid in the backyard or locked in a kennel when you head into town for the afternoon! (even though there were times when I liked the kennel idea for my son)

12. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Just curious if anyone knows of any decent electronica clubs in LA that aren't of the "waiting line for hours for a chance to get in" variety?

13. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    How come I feel like I'm being ignored? [face_plain]

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Did you post something that needed an answer? I don't see anything....

15. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    True enough about having a kitchen.. I am hoping for a mini fridge, coffee pot, and microwave.. which many hotel rooms have these days.. can get by fairly cheaply that way I am hoping.. I have to say though the idea of a vacation rental place is nice now that you bring it up.. I was thinking in terms of a regular rental.. not the vacation type rentals.. thinking in terms of you having to pay by the month.. though I suppose if you had enough people even that would work.. as long as it would be close by the festivities.. even with shuttle buses.. I always hate having to depend on being ready to go by the last shuttle. what if I am in the middle of a good chat with someone and the last shuttle is leaving...

sigh.. so many questions.. good thing I still have a while to work on the answers.

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm always surprised at the number of peope who worry about these sorts of things. Get the room and wing the rest. That's what's best about going to a foreign city. There are going to be so many things to plan within the convention walls. Getting grub and looking for vending machines... that's just a part of the fun. I could care a less about having a kitchen. I just need a clean room, airconditioning, and a television.

17. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    You obviously don't have kids that get hungry LOL. And just FYI, there are no vending machines around in that area.

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Nah, I do... but wasn't thinking about them. How can there by no vending machines? I'm in shock and now have to rethink my whole trip. There are vending machines everywhere... aren't there? I don't think I'll ever leave Maryland again. You could never starve... those cursed things are EVERYWHERE. We even have vending machines with hambergers and subs in them. YUMMY! HA!

19. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    It's official, I'm moving to Maryland after C4.

20. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Having a full kitchen comes in handy, at least for my group. Ninety percent of us are non-drinkers and none are smokers. So what?s left to do after the convention and most of the public places shut down? We?ll probably play trivial pursuit, maybe a game of Magic, Mario Party, or have a Halo tournament. As you can see, these activities will leave us hungry & thirsty.

We also have someone who is on a Vegan diet. We have to have the kitchen so that he can make his soydogs and soyghettis. It's funny because this person likes the Vegan diet but the veggies DO NOT like him. That's also why I'm sure to bring a full can of air freshener with me and hope that they have good exhaust fans in the bathrooms. [face_sick]

21. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    May I also suggest a large box of Gas-X? There's also one that deals specifically with stomach issues caused by veggies. It's too small of quarters to have to deal with "that"! [face_sick]

22. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I met a girl a few months ago who had NEVER eaten any kind of meat her entire life. She was like 28 or something. I felt bad because a buddy of mine and I were downing a pepperoni pizza in front of her. =( She was fine with it though. She told me she was even a cook once. How the hell can you cook the stuff but never eat it? Weird.

23. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I don't need a kitchen. I'd rather eat out 3 times a day. You need supplies to cook and I don't want to pack an extra suitcase for salt pepper, pam spray, olive oil and other seasonings. I won't eat out of vending machines though. I could, but I won't. This is me and my wifes vacation. I can't ask her to fly to LA, spend 4 days in a closed convention center with 50,000 Star Wars fans, standing in line for hours and then treat her to a nice room temperature snickers bar for lunch. First of all, I love her too much to do that and second of all......she would beat me up. So there! I said it. My wifecould beat me up. HAHAHAHA!

24. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Well if I was taking a sure thing to LA I wouldn't be giving them Ho Ho's either. I'm going with a buddy of mine and I'm sure we'll eat out every night. We'll also throw McDonalds in there a few times. I'm not too worried about it. I'm certainly not packing food. That's just too much work. Just me, some fresh clothes, my stuffed Ewok, and a wad of cash and or plastic. =)

25. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    My stuffed Ewok. That's hysterical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.