main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korran_Kuat

Korran_Kuat Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    Looking forward to C4 so much! Not staying at the Fig, but would definately be up for a met, and a few drinks! It would be good to put some faces to names.

2. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Well...my mom probably won't be able to, as the summer-class registration at the college at which she is employed will be opening up about then, and, seeing as she works in the College of Health Sciences...

And speaking of her, she said that she'd see how my grades end up through the course of the year before giving final approval.

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    That sounds like good news. Let's hope this keeps you motivated to keep up those grades! =D=

4. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey yall. I'm hoping to make it again this time around. It's a little depressing to me, because of the terrible location, many of my friends who went last year can't make it this time around, so it'll be hard for me if I do go. I would like to go though, so would like to get to know those of your brave Star Wars fans who are still planning to go. :)

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I happen to live out here on the west coast and am thrill that I'll finally be able to make it to a SW Celebration! There was no way I could afford to go cross country to the other places they were held no matter how much I wanted to attend. I'm guessing there are A LOT of us from this side country that had the same problem. So, please give us a break and no more compaining about what a "terrible" place it's being held this time. There is no perfect place that will make everyone happy. My hope is that people quit complaining about where C-IV is taking place and just be glad that it continues to take place![face_peace]

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes there is no perfect place at all this trip will cost me $8,000 with $3,000 of that on hotel plus
    14 hours worth of flying.
    Another fact is I have even had the chance to buy a whole set of 62 power of the force coins cause of C4.
    It will be a blast :D

7. Korran_Kuat

Korran_Kuat Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    For those of us in Europe it's even further to travel. I wanted to go to C3, but didn't have the funds as I was a student at the time, and could hardly afford the esentials in life! However now I'm working, I have decided to make the trip over the pond. I'm stoked it's in LA, as I have not had the opportunity to go to the West coast of America yet. It's going to be ace, you just have to make sure that you book early enough, I personally found a great deal on flights, they were cheaper than some flights I have seen for me to fly home to England from Madrid!!!

8. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, for those of you in Europe or further, it probably doesn't make a huge difference what part of the country it's in. And I think it's awesome you're coming all that distance, hope the event will be worth all the travel! :)

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I just had a reality check! I salute those of you coming from the other side of the pond. Those of us on this side don't really have any room to complain about location compared to how far all of you are traveling to get here! WOW! Never even considered that.

10. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes we are devoted fans some of us europeans :D
    Warrick davies lives not far from me so I mean if he can go here there and everywhere I suppose I can aswell :D
    I have been to california and loved every minute of it so I need to be there

11. TanSei

TanSei Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005

$ 8,000 ??? I'm coming from Finland and hope (maybe against all reason) to manage the trip with less than half of the money...I know I might be delusional, but you have to be with the budget I can afford :( Though I know I'll be heart broken when I can afford all the goodies available in CIV, but then again... c'est la vie...

12. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well that will cover flight spending money and the hotel, I have cut my vintage spending, I dont go out drinking every weekend like most people do round here cause its 9 times out of 10 a rubbish night and also its a waste of money, I am saving around £500 ($1000 roughly)a month so I think it will not be so hard to save up come may time :D

13. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Woah Ben ! Who took your Bookings? Were they wearing a stripey top and Mask ?;)

Ive got a flight for £350 ( $650) and by getting an apartment and sharing the Accommodation for 9 nights is costing £252 ($470). I'm not much of a collector unless its something I really like so I wont be going mad in the traders hall. SO hopefully with spending money I can pull the whole thing in for £1000 , about $1900.

14. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well hotel for 14 nights is $3,000 at the holiday inn
    then $2,500 for each week I am there should be enough,being a vintage collector you see if theres anything I want I will have :D
    If I dont spend it all then it will go towards Celebration europe

15. TanSei

TanSei Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    The hotel prices are pretty expensive in LA. I'm going to share a room so that's going to be alright and we will try to get something cheap that might be farther from the conference place (the blessed subway runs right next to the place), but I'm waiting to see if I can get a conference hotel first.

I'm not much of a party goer myself, but I'm a grad student and I take dance classes nearly daily (taking them is not an option for me [part of my Jedi training you see [face_dancing]]) plus I've started making short films and even with a very minimal budget (I don't even own a camera but rent it), I am always short of money. Let's hope I'll win the lottery [face_praying]

16. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Hotels work out roughly the same in LA as they are in central london.

17. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    I'm so relieved that they've released the registration date. After all these months--Coming home from work smelling like a Subway sandwich, booting my husband OFF the computer, logging onto the GenCon site for more news--This cycle is now officially broken. Now it is:

Come home from work smelling like a Subway sandwich, then TAKE A SHOWER, boot my husband OFF the computer, logging onto the GenCon site for more news.

Anyway...

Who here has thought about "Destination Star Wars?" Steve Sansweet made a comment stating that Southern California will become just that.

Ok, so I've began imagining all the activities that they would promote DAYS BEFORE THE CONVENTION ACTUALLY STARTS, like:

1. Having L.A. busses decorated with SW signs.
    2. Bus passes with SW logos.
    3. A tour of USC's Lucas Cinematic Arts Campus (Which GL donated millions of dollars.)
    4. A tour of Skywalker Ranch (yeah right.)
    5. Showings at the Grauman's Chinese.
    6. Have the SW Rose Parade float available to the public (There's gotta be one, GL is the Grand Marshall in 2007!)
    7. Billboards everywhere "Welcome to SW Country!"
    8. SW Lady Godiva chocolates in the hotel rooms :p This would be an upgrade from the SW hotel passkeys at CIII.

Does anyone have ideas? :)

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    See, I just don't get that. It's going to be cheaper for me to fly from Baltimore to LA then it was from me to fly from DC to Indy... go figure.

19. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I reckon a showing of anh at the chinese theatre needs to happen
    [image=http://jermexpress.com/images/starwars1977chinesetheater.jpg]
    that photo needs to be taken again aswell next year :D

20. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I like your ideas, miarama -- I just wish L.A. was so blase about these things. And to be selfish about it, I wouldn't mind if nobody in Los Angeles (except for the true fans who visit this site :)) knew about the convention -- it would keep the crowds down LOL. Anybody who's ever been to Comic-Con will know what I'm talking about.

Tours of the USC facility -- nothing to see, I'm afraid. Skywalker Ranch -- you're right, it won't happen, plus it's hundreds of miles away. The float -- they tear those puppies down right after the parade, but you never know, George may take that one home with him LOL. Although once the flowers are off they are pretty ugly, actually. Now, Grauman's Chinese -- that may be a possibility, unless the ogre managers interfere with their "business decisions" -- that's why EP III wasn't shown there.

21. Joerhyno

Joerhyno Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2006
    Hey now.. there have been times where I willingly gave up the cyber-crack(computer) :p

Now we gotta subscribe to the fanclub, lol

I wouldn't mind being shuttled around in a bus like this:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/SWbus.jpg]

22. miarama

Jun 26, 2006
    If we subscribe to the fanclub, who gets to wear the special lanyard? I hope they give us more than one. [face_thinking]

23. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    [face_thinking] in those two messages alone you came across as if you are a couple :p
    The lanyards are nothing really special to go by if C3 is anything to go by seeing all that orange everywhere, it was pretty nice to see some non member laynards.

24. miarama

Jun 26, 2006
    I'm sure he won't have a problem about giving me the lanyard. He'll care more about the magazines since he's the main SW fan in our relationship :)

25. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    You know what I would really love to see also at C4 is if they handed out 3D glasses and show the clips of star wars in 3D, it is possible to do as we are talking about lucasfilm here that could just knock up a digital setup and create a few clips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.