main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Does anyone know if their going to have screenings of all 6 Star Wars movies like they showed all 5 Star Wars movies, at the time, at C4?

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I should think so yes, what they may do considering the shop is open 24 hours is open a room up so you can sit there all night and watch the films back to back
    I would be up for that :D

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006

If there was nothing else to do, I might catch a movie or two on the big screen. I'd much rather see one of the original triology films since it's been much longer since I've seen those in a theater. Still, I can watch them any time in nearly every version so it's not that big of a priority. I'm wondering if they'll be any exclusive clips of that new CGI Clone Wars series or the live action one.

4. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    I just know that I'm going to have to beg and plead my bosses to get those days off from work... Sucks that I have to take MANDATORY vacation days around the holidays (that's what happens when you work for a school system), so those will eat up my annual vacation leave days... *sigh* And then with my momma hurt, I had to be out for that. Oi, it's going to take a lot of begging and pleading. Shoot, I'll quit if I have to! Going on vacations are my reason for tuning out my worries!

5. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    For a $110 bucks and a hyperspace membershi[p that isn't worth crap, they better give me exclusive something. [face_thinking]

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Maybe an exclusive Lobot action figure?

7. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I also work for a school. Since we usually have the Friday before Memorial weekend off, I'll only have to figure out how to take off the 24th... and possibly leave early on the 23rd as my mind won't be on my job anyway![face_dancing]

8. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    I get May 28th off and that's it. *sigh* And I wanna be there the day before it starts and come home the day after, so... Bah, I'll figure it out.

And I just realized that on monday, I'll be in a conference all day. Booo! Guess I'll have to wait until the 31st to get my tickets. ;)

9. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm suppossed to be in court when the tickets go on sale.

nothing big, just fighting a parking ticket.

I WAS NOT BLOCKING A DRIVEWAY!!

Yeah. I'm pondering just paying the stupid ticket so I can get my ticket at exactly 11am on Monday!

10. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    School comes to a close the day before the event starts. Thus, I'm going to kick some ass in the academics department this year so I can get exempt from my finals that week and take the entirety of said week off for such things as C4 and E3.

11. Korran_Kuat

Korran_Kuat Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    For you guys that work, just remember there is always the call in sick option!!! And hey, what the hell if the kids rule the school for a few days, let them have the time of thier life, while you have an even better one at C$4!

12. CC-1138

CC-1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2006
    Well i got to miss a few days of school, but for star wars, nothing can stop me lol

13. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Got a quick question for you guys: I plan on purchasing quite a few photos from Official Pix for autographs once the C4 guest list of the actors/actresses who will be attending is announced. I always use a fine-point Sharpie marker (either black or silver, depending on where they sign on the pic) for all of my autographs. In order to help preserve the Official Pix photos and protect them from yellowing and/or exposure to the air, I'd like to have them laminated once I get back from C4. I figured this would be the best way to keep the photos archival safe. And I plan on framing the photos and hanging them in my Star Wars-themed room in my house, which means I would like to help protect them from the sun's UV rays.

My question is, has anybody laminated an Official Pix photo before? Do you think the extreme heat from the laminating process would damage the photo and/or somehow blur the autograph? Can anybody else recommend another way of preserving the photos?

Thanks.

14. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    No, no no! Do not laminate your originals! If you do, you will be reducing their collectible value.

Here is some information from a website that does photo restoration:

"t's important to remember that lamination is meant for special projects, but not as an archival storage method. We do not recommend laminating original photographs, documents or trading cards that have sentimental or monetery value. If you really want it laminated, have it copied it and laminate the copy. Lamination exposes photos to heat and adhesives, which is why it is never recommended to use lamination as an archival storage method. Laminating your photos will not protect them from the sun. There are no known UV blocking lamination pockets, so even laminated photos must be protected from the sun."

Store them flat in a acid-free box, with acid-free paper in between each photo. This can be bought at lots of places -- check your local office supply stores first -- or off the web.

15. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    The pens they get issued with anyway seem pretty good to me I mean I have all my autographs from comic con and C3 last year in a file which have sleeves in there and they are fine :D

*looks around the C4 forum*
    I must say though it looks like helens been busy decorating :p
    I like the little star wars 30 logo in the corner ;)

16. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh, I wish I had the talent to do these types of things. Master_Devwi made the new banner...

17. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Great job on the banner!

That image above of a LINE outside the Indy convention center brings back memories!

18. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes the only entrance for members and non members, cannot remember who the guy was but around that point in the queue there was some security guy with glasses and up until then I had never met anybody so grumpy, I hope he does not get sent out to LA at all cause his attitude towards people sometimes was that bad you wouldnt talk to a dog like that.

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Excellent, thanks for the heads-up, Val. I will definitely heed your advice.

20. Master_Devwi

Master_Devwi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2004
    Thanks! I've been working on it for a while. :)

21. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Vals right with the acid free paper things.

Just buy a binder with 8X10 photos holders and you will be fine. When you wawnt to frame them just put the picture in a frame.

I recently purchased a small fortune worth of 8X10 and 16X20 autographed Star Wars stuff from Official Pix. Everything looks great. I am redoing my basement just so I can display them properly...........that and my wife won't let me hang Star Wars stuff on out living room wall. :)

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    After I posted my original question, I read on the Official Pix website that their pics are developed with a 60-year archival rating. So I guess my concerns about preserving them were all for naught.

At that rate, my pics will out-live me. [face_mischief]

23. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    You know you can always do it the egyptian way and have them placed into your tomb so you have them through the afterlife :p

24. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    In response to ValedaKor's message, JediJustin, about lamination, I used to work for a printing company and dissuaded many of persons from laminating photos. 1) the emulsion will melt from heat exposure, 2) once they are in the lamination there is no way to take them out, 3)Val is right about reducing the value of any signature. You always want to be able to really see if the sig is for real and not a copy. You can get Archival sleeves from high end photo stores that will allow you to store them or dispay them. They also make a hard case with either clips or screws on the corners in order to display them in a nice safe fashion.
    Hopefully that will help. You can also go the other route and have them framed if you so choose with museum quality glass and acid free backings. It all depends on how you want to display it.
    I have one of those photomosaics of Darth Vader, signed by David Prowse as well as a red carded DV that I put into frames and cases. If you cant tell I like to keep my stuff safe.
    I would also recommend that you get a binder to bring with you so that once the ink is dry you have a palce to store them while you are at the con. Have fun

25. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    OK, first of all, grumoy is a mean old &*^%*&%. I honestly dopn't even know what word is suppose to be there. Just fill in the blanks.

Actually Grumpy is a very good friend and I can't wait to get a wedgie from him at CIV.

As for you beating me with a cane.........are we going to have some drinks first...or are we going to get right down to the beating.

I am 31, I'm up there. Well, I'm up there compared to my 27 year old wife. Sometimes, she acts like I am a dinosaur. :(

She loves me though. :)

OH and I lovethe way you obeyed the rules by moving this over to the social thread. If it were me, I would have been insubordinate (like usual) and gotten off topic.

:) :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.