main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    OH and I love the way you obeyed the rules by moving this over to the social thread. If it were me, I would have been insubordinate (like usual) and gotten off topic.

I happen to know and like the RSA/moderator, so I try not to make her job any harder than it already is. If VK was just some power hungry upper mucky-mucky, I'd probably give her a hard time (yep, that's in my nature, too).

As it is, she's very cool and doesn't deserve the hassle!!Actually Grumpy is a very good friend and I can't wait to get a wedgie from him at CIV

I hope that statement scares your wife as much as it scares me!! [face_sick]

As for you beating me with a cane.........are we going to have some drinks first...or are we going to get right down to the beating.

Drinks will have to be first, that way I'll totally forget about the beating!! You know us old people and our memories!

2. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Be nice to her as she really works hard! Seriously, she has a tough job and tries to be as nice as she can about it when we get off track or get a little obnoxious.

whispering: Hey VK, I accept checks and cash! ;)

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It's in the mail ;).

4. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Steve Sansweet confirmed at Comic-Con that he would definitely have footage of the CGI cartoon series available for showing. He has hoped to have it for Comic-Con but was told no, but that he would definitely have it for CIV. You can listen to him talking about it in the exclusive audi0cast from hyperspace of his talk "Star Wars Spectacular" at Comic-Con 2006.

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Most cool. Thanks!

6. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    In case anybody missed this info on Gen Con's site:

Celebration IV Store Hours:

The Celebration IV Store opens at 10am on Thursday, May 24th and runs 24 hours a day until 2pm Monday, May 28th. Official Star Wars Fan Club members who purchase 4-day badges will have exclusive access to the Celebration Store from 10am on Thursday, May 24th until 9 am Friday, May 25th.

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Which will be just about everyone so the lines are still going to be insane. I wonder what time people will start lining up. I'd like to get the store out of the way for the rest of the trip. Not sure what they'll have. Last time I just bought the exlusives, a poster, the badge set, and a sweatshirt. I ended up giving away all of the figs except one, the badge set is on a book shelf, and I sold the sweat shirt. It was cool, but I generally don't wear Yoda sweatshirts. Not sure why I bought it. I really just want a poster. I have the posters in mint condition for all of the other Celebrations. I'd like to frame them all side by side.

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    GJ, my wife and I will be hitting up the store the first day it opens. We definitely want to grab the goodies (while stock is the highest) and get that part of our C4 journey finished as soon as possible. We made sure we got our store purchases done ASAP at C3, and C4 will be no different.

9. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004

I hope the poster looks cool this year. I might get one.

10. Korran_Kuat

Korran_Kuat Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    From reading what everybody has writen about the store being a nightmare, I think I will try to get that over and done with as soon as possible, so looks like I will be joining u guys on the first day, or maybe late on the first night before heading out for drinks, or maybe after drinks (ohh wait brain is telling me the store after drinks might not be a good idea knowing how i spend money when drunk). In conclusion I will be going to the store at some point, and will buy some stuf.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I have an even better idea. Store - Drinks (non-alcoholic, VK) - then back to the store!

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I say we just storm the place! Imagine the look on the GenCon store volunteers. HAHA!

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My guess is that they wouldn't even bat an eye. Now, the place where we all meet outside the convention center is another story. Let's storm it while we're stone cold sober and only high on our excitement to be there! To me, that would be funny and great fun!

14. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm up for storming the store. That sounds fun.
    What are ........eh hem...........VOLUNTEERS going to do?

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Call security and kick us out... possibly take our badges for the whole con. Not willing to take a chance on that.

Come on boys, play nice! [face_shame_on_you]

Sounds like you two are gonna need a chaparone! PW, does your wife try to keep you out of trouble or just raise her hands, shake her head and walk away?

16. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    She loves me and my trouble making ways. o_O he he he:cool:

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
  18. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Just playing with you all. Our little Pink Jedi can't be here to celebrate because she had a tooth pulled today but she sends her love and hopes everyone got the rooms that they wanted.

19. Korran_Kuat

Korran_Kuat Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    Well I like the storming idea, the voulenters will probably just stand there screaming "Close the blast doors, close the blast doors!"

20. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    storming sounds like a great idea. last time I wasn't aggressive, and somehow even though there was like 200 people behind me, I was like one of the last 50 to leave. yeah. and they were out of everything. I'm not bitter that i missed the whole first day of the convention or anything...

p.s. can it be may already???

21. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    I'm impatient.

22. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    So now we wait. I wish we knew a little more about the guests who might be there. It stinks that we are totally in the dark. 6 more months. 6 more months

23. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    The names we get the earliest are probably the usual suspects anyway: your Mayhews, Parks, Bullochs and so on. Any surprises or big name guests are probably months off in announcements. [face_plain]

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Boy, oh boy. This group of ours can never seem to be satisfied. First we want info on when the tickets go on sale. The moment we have those we want to know everything about the hotel reservations. That accomplished we want to know about something else. You know this is going to keep going on until the moment C-IV is over...

Then we're gonna want to know when and where C-V will be!!!

We're all gonna need to be on sedatives before too long!

25. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Just excitement over the event. Its like Christmas, you just can't wait and you want to know what to expect. Didn't you ever hunt for wherever the Christmas presents were hidden when you were young? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.