*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think that's when it will be out. Yo, next year is going to rock with movies. Transformers, Spidey a few others I can't think of right now. I'd rather not see a movie in LA though. I can see a movie in Jersey. Now, if there is a big premier at Gruaamensae or however you spell it, then we can go to that. I'll hang outside and take pics. that would be cool. Holding a Pinks dog in one hand, my video camera in the other and scream at Tobey and his red headed girlfriend in the film. HAHA!
  2. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    A drive up the coast to Santa Barbara is always nice, and there are great restaurants and lots of shopping along State Street. It'll take you about 90 minutes to get there. That's one day trip for you.

I wouldn't bother with Paramount. The Warner Bros. tour is better -- not cheap, at $39 pp, and they only run it on weekdays, but it will be busier with more things to see.

Or you could go and stand in line for about a half day to get in to see The Tonight Show.

There's also Griffith Park, with the Zoo and the Autry Museum (emphasizing the American West).

Another cool spot -- the recently reopened Griffith Observatory. Just an amazing place.

3. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Offhand, do you know if you need reservations for the Griffith?
  4. Vadersmistress66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    A talented member of our fanforce in Calgary has a daily CIV jingle/countdown going, it's in our CIV hype thread...if you've got sometime to kill stop by and give it a read, see if you can decipher which songs they're from. He's got some really good ones going. http://boards.theforce.net/calgary_ab/b10615/25416196/p1/?109
  5. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just read a couple of them and got the giggles! Very funny. Here is a direct link to that thread. Thanks for sharing!!
  6. Vadersmistress66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks, I just thought of that and went back to add it, lol.
  7. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    You do right now, since the reopening just happened and the parking lot is so small. I think the furor will die down around Christmas and it will be open to drop-ins by C-IV, definitely. Here's the link for info about the shuttle: Griffith Observatory.
  8. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3

Thanks for the paramount info. We are probably going to have 2, maybe three days for just vacation stuff. If it's nice, we were going to rent a car and just drive up the coast. Have lunch and dinner and do some shopping. We wanted to do Universal and a movie set tour. Warner Bros sounds awesome.

I would check out Leno, but I'm not sure I want to stand online for a half a day. :) Is there a link on how to get in? Do you just have to show up outside and wait?
  10. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Right. You're going to get 3 hours at the CIV store, maybe a real fast run through the vendor hall and that's it. It's going to be her snapping her fingers the whole time telling you "chop chop geek boy!"

Seriously, I think it's pretty cool that you're doing this together and getting the chance to do some (gasp) non (cough cough) Star Wars (sigh) stuff....

11. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Actually, you can order them ahead of time if you know the dates you want (you have to list alternates, so you could try your luck with a few dates). Otherwise, you can stand in line the day of the show. Here's the official site: The Tonight Show
  12. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    VK, you keep seriously amazing me with all the stuff you know about LA!!
  13. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I've lived here a looooonnnnngggg time.... :).
  14. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Helen is THE source for all things LA! And we thank her greatly for it!! =D=
  15. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm thinking about going to a Dodgers baseball game that weekend ... I think they are scheduled to play the Cubs.
  16. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Lordy, you are right. Oh great, more reason for a traffic jam. I was hoping they'd be out of town.
  17. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Does baseball games have a great atmosphere? I just dont know anything about the game really as a whole but I want to catch a game of some type of american sport with brilliant atmosphere.
    I did watch abit of a american football game here in the uk the other night it was the raiders and to be honest I did not really like it cause its all to technical and the stop start was doing my head in to the point I was saying "why dont you just try and run the full length of the pitch"
    On another hand I wanted to go and see the lakers but the nba season will be over :(
  18. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Raiders running the length of the field? Surely you jest :) :) :). Maybe if you'd been watching a good football team play, you might have enjoyed it a bit more <g>.

Anyway, going to a baseball game can be fun. You're outdoors with a lot of people, and if the game's exciting, you can definitely get caught up in the atmosphere. Unfortunately, though, like a lot of things these days, it's not exactly a "cheap date" or anything like that, anymore. My Dad and I used to sit way high up in the cheap seats, but my old eyes wouldn't be able to do that anymore.
  19. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm very curious to see what Gen Con / LFL have planned in LA the few days before C4.

Can't beat an entire week's worth of SW excitement.
  20. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know if I entirely agree with the whole "weeks worth of events leading up to the con" thingy. They should save everything for Thur-Mon. Most of us won't even be there to enjoy the events leading up to it.
  21. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    My guess is the festivities will be like a "teaser" to whet our appetites for C4. You're right - I don't think enough fans will be there to fully enjoy the extra things before C4.

I can only speak for my wife and I since we will be arriving in LA on Tuesday afternoon. So anything that satifies our Star Wars "fix" a few days before C4 is all good for us. ;)
  22. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't need a Star Wars fix. I'm good! The convention will be enough.
  23. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    The pre-C4 events are going to have to be REALLY special/exclusive (if any) for my wife and I spend money on anything that is being sold there. While we'd love to go see the "attractions" if you will, we would be hard-pressed to buy anything.

We want to concentrate all of our spending budget on the C4 exclusives.
  24. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I could imagine the traffic being bad ... that's why I'm taking a taxi :p.

Plus if I remember right my hotel is close to Dodgers stadium so I figured why not catch a game since I like baseball (not a big dodgers or cubs fan) and I'd like to see the different stadiums.
  25. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    Baseball can be fun to watch and sometimes it can be a bit on the boring side alot will depend on the pitchers/hitters on each team. I was thinking it would be funny to wear a costume to the game and get on TV :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.