main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    So where is everyone? I guess you lamos have off the day after Thanksgiving! HAHAH... suckers. You could be at work like me. HAHAHA! Guess I've got one up on you all.

Please...someone shoot me. I hearby leave all 15 of my Playstation 3's to Pwinkie.... GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD!

2. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    15? You could leave me one while your at it... Or five for that matter. I can put four up on Ebay!

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    There just isn't much to really talk about right now. It's kind of the "calm before the storm" so to speak before new C4 details are released/posted.

And that stinks that you had to work today. No work for me today - I'm still digesting the loads of tukey that I consumed all day yesterday!

4. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Not a big deal. I don't mind working the day after Thanksgiving. The office is quiet, I've got my radio on and there's no one here to bug me.

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I may not have been at my paying job today, but I worked my tushy off shopping and shoving and grabbing and pushing and....

6. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    That's what I was doing yesterday morning. :D

7. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I just have to say isnt it a nightmare not having anything new to talk about in regards to celebration 4 and europe,
    every morning I wake up its the first thing I do checking for news and of course see nothing :_|

8. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I agree, skywalker_1982, checking for more info is the first thing I do every morning when I get into work. (And after that comes the work stuff.) I really want to know what the other events are going to be outside the convention, so I can plan around them. I don't want to book a tour for Wednesday if something really cool's going to be happening Wednesday.

9. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I am sure the 501st will have a dinner. There will hopefully be a "singles" gathering, and other SW events, but outside the convention?? Is there anything outthere?? I thought the convention was the center of the universe for the duration...

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Ditto here, skywalker. Unfortunately I don't think we will be hearing any new C4 updates/details until well after the holidays. The March/April timeframe would probably be the period when we start to get some real juicy updates on C4.

But that's just my guess, and hopefully they come sooner than that!

11. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I need to know about the events happening around the convention cause I have my hotel reservation set so I fly in on the friday the week before so it would be nice to know so I can trim some days off if need be.

12. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, you can blame Grumpy Jedi and myself for not having anything to talk about. Him and I exhausted every conversation topic by August. HAHAHA! Sorry Val, we were bored.

Hey, this is a social thread. Talk about anything you want. I have recently framed and hung up all my autographed Star Wars pictures I bought from Official Pix. I want to buy more, but I want to wait and get them signed in person at teh convention. The emporer is going for $229 on Official Pix now. I just can't bring my self to spending that much on him. Anyone else missing an autograph they want?

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    True, but the title of this thread is "C-IV Social Thread", so I'm not sure if the moderators would want non-C4 related topics discussed here. There are plenty of other threads going in the non-C4 section to discuss all things pertaining to the galaxy that we all love far, far away. :p

I could be wrong, but that would be my take on this particular thread. And I don't mean to step on anybody's toes by stating such...

14. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I wonder what the odds are if one of the events is to see john williams at the disney concert hall I would be like :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

15. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The moderator agrees....

In fact, if you want to talk about C-IV autographs, there is a thread already started up for that. It's here.

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    An excellent point, skywalker. My wife and I have yearned to get the opportunity to see/meet John Williams in person. No SW collection is complete without at least a few memorabilia pieces from "Mr. Music" himself!

He is as much of a SW icon as any of the famous actor/actresses are IMO.

Having the chance to meet Mr. Williams during C4 would be a true dream.

17. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    ooh that would rock. I would kill to meet john williams. moreso than probably anyone else in the entire star wars saga.

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Weeelll, I just checked the L.A. Phil website, and there's nothing on the calendar at the moment for Wednesday or Thursday nights. The Disney Hall is booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Nor does Maestro Williams have anything on his website booked at that time. Now, this doesn't mean a thing, of course. The calendar could be full tomorrow.

It would be kinda neat to see him again in conjunction with C-IV. We are very lucky out here, we get to see him each year at the Hollywood Bowl in September. At the last concert there was something like 80 lightsabers :).

19. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well the hollywood bowl would do me aswell cause its where the doors played in 1968 :D
    The idea only come to me cause I was listening away to the rotj soundtrack and thought why not, only thing I have noticed is the walt disney concert hall holds around 2,500 people so it would be pretty maxed out if such a thing happened.

20. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Or, you could just come to San Diego in February and see him conduct then and there.

Go here for more info.

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    It's now December and nothing new about CIV? Truly and utterly pathetic. I'm not surprised.

22. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Patience young padawan. News will come shortly. Like I said before. I am glad that they are taking their time and doing it right. I'd rather have big stars and exciting events then a paper naboo fighter and warwick davis.....again.

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I wouldn't expect any latest news/updates for C4 from GenCon and/or LFL until well after the holidays. Probably in the March/April timeframe we will have loads of updates and event announcements.

C4 is gonna rock, plain and simple. =D=

24. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm telling you right now, it better. An entire year of preparation, time, money, stress, anticipation and excitment. They better not disappoint us. I really want to see good events, bigger named stars, fun activities and basically stuff to do. I want to have KNOWLEDGE. Let me know what all the exclusives are and when I can get them. Let me know when the big starts are doing Q&A's and let them do more than 1 or 2 so everyone can see them. Have giveaways. Mass giveaways. Do it. Make it happen. You have a year, get it done.

HAHA!

I'm sure it will be fine.

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Can anybody think of a better time to be a die-hard Star Wars fan than right now? Just look at what 2007 has in store for us:

Celebration IV
    30th Anniversary
    6-disc Saga Collection DVD boxed set
    Tons of new product from all different vendors/retailers

The next 6-12 months are going to be the greatest in SW fandom history. And I'm just happy as heck to be able to bask in all its wonderful glory, especially with fellow die-hards like all of you guys! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.