*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanctimoniously Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    **turns up the Queen**

Tonight...gonna have myself...a real good time...
  2. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    So Pwinlespspssis.... What dates are you going to be in LA? I know you're staying at the Omni.... all by your lonesome. You should take your geeetar and maybe make a few bucks with some Elvis covers.

"Are you lonesome, tonight?"

OH OH better yet.. "In the ghetto..."

-GJ
  3. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would bring it. but I find that people get bored after like 10 minutes of music. It's not worth it. I said this before, there was this tool at CIII walking around in a Jedi Costume playing guitar. I think he played Yoda by Weird Al like 40 times. I would bring it and play for the people in line, but I won't get paid so no. HAHAHA!
  4. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    See now you have me thinking Grumpy. I could have you hold my place in line, I could walk up and down the line playing and getting people to sing along to songsw like Wanted Dead or Alive, Sweet Home Alabama, Brown Eyes Girl, and I could have the Pink Jedi walk up and down with me holding a HUGE plastic jar that say tips on the side.
  5. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    And then you could throw me a bone for holding your stinking place in line!! That or bring me back a stinking burger.

-GJ
  6. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    OK, I'm starting to get excited about this now :D My and my g/f will be booking our flights sometime in the next couple of weeks, we've been waiting for the cheap ones to start appearing, and I've found that they are best about 6-7 months before you want to travel.

In fact, when it was first announced flights from the UK were £450 ($830), now they're only £330 ($610) which is much better :D

Now I just have to work out the hotel I want to stay at, and get that booked as well. They're are a bunch of us UK fans going out, so well chuffed now :D
  7. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    $610?? Good grief! That's nearly what I pay just to fly to Texas to see my family! :eek:

I'm not looking forward to the coming registration. With school starting back and all money gone toward books, I'm broke. I don't even want to start thinking about saving up for this.

(And this means Comic Con is going to be on an INSANE budget). :p
  8. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would start booking now my friend. I got a room 2 months ago and it's $40.00 higher a nigtth now than it was when I first booked it. Round trip airfare for 2 from Jersey ro LA was 704 total. With the same airline, it's like 800 something.

It's my opinion from when I have seen that it's not going to be easier or cheaper to book in a few months. Prices will rise and rooms will sell out.
  9. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I am in the middle of a fit right now.. I can't calm down.. I had a darn dream of C4 last night.. and now I can't get it here fast enough.. I am even feeling heart palpitations from this episode.. anyone else ever go through this.. this is ridiculous.. even for me....!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
  10. Anapad Nabooine Force Ghost

star 3
    I hope it was a very good dream at least. :)

So it sounds like I should get my round trip flight tickets as soon as possible, hm? Is it best to purchase directly from the airline or can web sites like Travelocity be trusted? [face_thinking]
  11. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I think you can trust travelocity.. but to be honest I have found the cheapest prices when I go directly to the airline websites.

in this case we only live seven hours away so we are not planning on flying, we are planning on driving or taking a coach.. but either way the sooner the better on buying the tickets is the best way to go I would think.

the dream was great!! Just too much excitement for my heart.. LOL I am supposed to take it easy with stress.. but now I find I just can't calm myself down.. I wanted to do some reading this evening.. but I can't stay still long enough to do it.. I am about eight chapters into Star by Star finally!!!! I had not allowed myself to start reading anything beyond the black fleet crisis from the release of TPM until AFTER the release of ROTS.. and I have now finally managed to make it halfway through NJO. Funny thing.. I already have every book up from the Unifying force to bloodlines on my shelf and am eagerly waiting for Tempest to come out .. just slowly making through each one a day at a time, till I work up to reading Unifying force and then dark nest, then I will finally catch up to where everyone else already is... that is the last time I go celibate on the EU.. I thought I was never going to get caught up to the timeline.
  12. Anapad Nabooine Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks for the advice, cathiecat. I won't feel like I'm going to C4 until I have airline tickets. Then I'll be like 'wow I'm really going!' Actually I need to re-confirm my hotel reservations since it's not a chain hotel and the owner is said to be a tad mercurial. I made the reservation in May. ~~ I was so into the NJO but in Star By Star something bad happenned to a favorite character of mine, I got impatient with the way two other characters were being written and there were so many battle scenes. My fascination with the series fizzled. I still bought the next book, Destiny's Way, but stopped after chapter one. I'll probably pick it up the series again eventually - if only to see what Vergere was really all about. [face_thinking] ~~ I want to read 'Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith' (is that the title?) and Darth Bane. Now those should be very interesting reads! I'd definitely like to read a story in which Leia is a strong Jedi. I've been waiting for that!
  13. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    While I may not be having dreams about C4 like Cathiecat is (:D ), the anxiety is reaching a higher level with each passing week. We've gotten squat as far as information about C4 goes from LFL and Gen Con since the announcement back in May.

C'mon already, give us something to whet our appetite!!
  14. Sanctimoniously Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes...please...I'm going insane enough over here...
  15. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, when the chips are down and you need a pick-me-up, what better way to cure those C4 news anxiety feelings than by watching the two best video clips EVER created. They may be "golden oldies", but they are still king of the Internet video spoofs. To this day, after watching them 1,000 times, I still crack up laughing each time I see them. Only one word can aptly describe them - priceless.

For your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWr6ec2zEyE

Enjoy!
  16. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I am a bit calmer today.. but still getting more and more excited as each day goes.. by the time 236 days roll by I will be hyped like I drank sixty cups of coffee most likely.

I am still hoping to find several people wanting to carpool and stay in a larger hotel room and split costs several ways!!

I made it up to chapter 21 in Star by Star last night.. so far I am really enjoying it.. I know what happens and I am prepared for it.. so maybe it won't hit me as hard.. but Vector Prime hit me harder than expected and I was prepared for it.. so who knows.
  17. Setal_Dorset Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    aahhhggggg the antisipation is killin me to. me and my buddy whent to the bass pro to buy some rifal casses to take all our sabers and blasters and my siang lance:D but it just made it worse thinkin about it...aarrgggg.lol guess i'll go play galexies now that might help ha ha
  18. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Well, flights from the UK booked on my end :D Now just got to find a way of getting 6 people in a hotel room!
  19. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4

Squeeeeee! FLights booked! If there are 6 of us travelling together I reckon it could be cheaper to get an apartment?

Any LA bods know about holiday apartments?
  20. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, there are what we call vacation rentals out here. I've used this website myself, and the place I rented was very nice: Vacation Rentals by Owner. Just click on the Los Angeles County link, and start taking a look.
  21. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    I've seen a lot of posts over the past few weeks with fans stating they have already made their flight reservations for C4. All of the airline websites that I check are not opening up dates that far in advance yet. I check the Southwest website daily, and the latest they are taking reservations is thru March 9th 2007.

Has anybody been able to reserve a flight at Southwest yet? And if so, how did you do it?
  22. Sanctimoniously Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well...I've got the good-old Buick, now I just need some people...
  23. miarama Jedi Knight

star 1
    Are you willing to fly United? Their dates are opened. I know they're not as cheap as Southwest but I found a flight that departs at 6 am from Chicago & arrives at 8 am in LA (4+ hours travel time.) This should give me a chance to get settled at the hotel and still have enough time to do tourist-like activities for the day.

I booked because I was afraid that it would sell out. That was 2 months ago. I keep on checking back at the flight and so far United has only sold 2 seats (My hubby's & I). LOL. Looking at their seat plans, it indicates that blocks of them are unavailable. Other discount sites like Travelocity probably purchased them.

When you get your tix at Southwest, let us know for how much.
  24. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright, Happy freaking Monday. Let's talk.

How about them Redskins and Ravens?

Anybody else get their flights booked this weekend?

KI dug my Jedi Costumes out of the closet the other day just to look at them . LOVE THEM! Can't wait for CIV.
  25. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ravens... 4-0! I've got nothing else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.