main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

* Official Thread * Celebration 3 Activities Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obey Wann, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    What would you like to do at C3? Plans, activities, outside events?

2. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    Hopefully the 501st Legion will carry out another gathering on the steps of the RCA Dome for those ready to shoot away (Cameras) - I think Even Mr. Daniels would agree, It was quite a success at C2!

3. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    The 501st and the RL are already underway with the preliminary planning for the group pictures. So rest assured you will have your wish. :D

4. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    There's another costuming group--the Jedi assembly. I hope they will have a photo op too. Good group--nice people. http://apfoister.proboards9.com/index.cgi#GenSWD

http://www.thejediassembly.com/

JMD

5. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Absolutely..

The Jedi Assembly will have a large number of their members at Celebration III....
    we will also have to organize a photo op thing too....many of our TJA members are also members of the Rebel Legion and the 501st....so we will have to make sure we leave enough time in between photo ops for the members to do a quick change into their other costumes...

we will probably have to wait till closer to the event and see what the other costuming groups are doing..

click on the magic link in my signature to learn more about The Jedi Assembly....

6. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I would like to see a parade to kick off the event but I don't think it would happen.

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Too bad they're aren't plans to use the RCA dome. They could start the con by bringing in all the Jedi into the "arena" and recreate the battle from AOTC. Then the opening ceremonies could start! Also, I think they should have blue screen rooms where you could pick several backgrounds from all the films to have your picture taken, like a Death Star corridor, the carbon freezing chamber, the Jedi temple, etc.

8. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I would like to see open negotiations between the 501st and all Jedi groups

9. MOJEDI

MOJEDI Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2002
    ATOC AT THE IMAX - There is an IMAX a few blocks away from the convention center. They should arrange to show the IMAX ATOC there throughout the week. This also would draw some people away from the convention center and perhaps ease the crowds. The tickets should be sold at the convention center - pick your date and time and go. Or, for evening shows, order tickets online a few weeks before the celebration. Mail them to me.

10. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I've seen it so many times trough the course of that week-end that I should be good for a while.

But it is indeed a good Idea.

11. NCC2012

NCC2012 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    I'm looking forward to the fan film competition, and hopefully I'll have my film done in time to be one of the entries.

12. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Let's give this topic its due, because I am sure we all have varying ideas of what we would like to do at C3.

I like the blue-screen idea, but I would take it one step further. Set up a couple of set items (a Cantina bar table, the Cloud City steps from the duel, etc) or possibly the close-up cockpit props & have people get their pictures taken with the actual props. Who here would not want something like that? I think they could pull it off, assuming they hire a little extra security!

I also think the IMAX idea is excellent, mainly for the reason given - that it would alieviate the crowd a little.

I liked the Gentle Giant booth (chance to be made into a mini-bust) and the giant action figure bubble that you could get your picture in. So - and this is asking a bit - I would love to get drawn into a comic book. Maybe 1 page, or one large splash image. It would be popular, so I think there would have to be a charge and a limit (unless you don't mind waiting) per day, but I think that would be cool.

Must have the concert again (maybe 2 or 3 so more people can attend).

They did a really good job with the panels last time, but I think I would like to see more FX panels and demos.

One more wild wish. A few years ago Peter Gabriel had a ride similar to Star Tours that was able to be moved and did a couple of circuts through carnivals and shows. How about a Star Wars ride - I'd even settle for Star Tours - that they could then add to the museum tour the props do? I know I'm crazy, but aren't we all?!

13. TK2769

TK2769 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2003
    The Jedi Assembly will have a large number of their members at Celebration III....
    we will also have to organize a photo op thing too....

The steps at Steak n Shake should be enough for the Jedi Assembly :D

14. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I LOVE the blue screen idea! Or the prop idea with the steps of Cloud City! I am bring my Vader costume, so that would be appropriate! Maybe a set up to have lightsaber duels with other fans. I was not at the first 2 Celebrations, so I have no idea as to what kinds of things they had to do there. Uilmuteiz, do you know what there was to dolast time that would be fun this time?

15. Dark_side_fatty

Dark_side_fatty Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 2002
    I'd like to see a mock battle between the 3 groups. That would be interesting.

16. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    LOL yeah you'd have the Stormtrooper "running" as best as they could away from the Jedis swinging their saber around..

Why would they be really running away?

Because they don't want to dent their beautiful armor :p

But indeed a live RPG time with all three groups could be interesting.

of course now they will just have to rent the RCA Dome.

Force Football , Imperial Football and of course Galactic Alliance Football where all cheerleaders have to wear buns on their ears.

17. Dark_side_fatty

Dark_side_fatty Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 2002
    LOL! An Imperial VS Rebel football game would be cool! Ofcourse the Imps would win, the 501st has some size to 'em!

18. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah but the Jedi would be able to out-run them because of their armor platings. ^_^

19. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Okay - just because what I wrote earlier ended up being indirectly prophetic - I wasn't sure if my idea of setting up photo areas with actual props was realistic. I mean, let's face it, that stuff is heavy and very valuable.

Then I see this site for a convention in Dallas, TX called All-Con. (www.all-con.org) They have a life-sized X-Wing replica that you can actually get up close to and have your picture taken with! Now while I am pretty sure this isn't a real prop, it still seems to me that it will be very popular. Now imagine how much cooler it would be to pose with actual movie props, or at least a reasonable facsimile, and a well-done background screen.

As much as I hate to admit it, they could easily squeeze a lot more cash out of all of us with this idea. So here's hoping the Gen Con LLC people are reading these boards & taking our ideas seriously.

20. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    The best activity at any convention is merely to soak up the ambience and mingle with other like-minded fans, so dont use up ALL of our time... ;)

The bluescreen idea would probably be as popular as the action figure case was at C2, meaning an hour line. But if they had lots of bluescreens.....

But hey, if you like to put yourself into Sw backgrounds, you dont need to wait for C3. It can be done with off the shelf software::::

Fan Made Bluescreen

Now instead of 3 costuming groups jockeying for time, cant we get all three of them in one picture at once? (Yes I know that some people are members of all 3 groups, that is an advantage, less people in one place).

21. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    we need a TCG card toiurnament too,and i like IMAX idea.

22. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    a tcg event would be fun, maybe throw in some of the decipher games and the mini's also. we could have a big gaming night. i'd go.

23. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i'd be up for the miniatures game

24. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Great news, LFL will be screening the entire saga up to this point all weekend long. The best part is that it will be on the big screen.

Star Wars Saga Films at CIII

25. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Now thats gonna be a fun time! That I'm excited for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.