main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

* Official Thread * Celebration 3 Autograph Discussion and Speculation

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obey Wann, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    You know Strifie, their are people who would pay good money for that right about now... Call it a TF.N fundrasier for Moderator back pay....

[face_mischief]

Oh BTW.... Hayden could autograph my knickers ! [face_love]

2. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I got plenty of autographs at C2, so the only ones I'd want to get are from people who weren't there, like, say Hayden, or perhaps Jimmy Smits. I've enjoyed his work since LA Law :)

Oh, and it's my understanding C2 Ventures will again be running the autograph portion of the event. FYI, Philip Wise runs C2 Ventures.

Do with that information what you will.....

3. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, seeing as how we will be standing in line to get autographs, I would like to see Hayden, George(highly dout he would show, but if he did, he would probably be promoting the OT on DVD!). I would also like to see Frank Oz, Sam (Bad Mo Fo) Jackson. Seeing Mark Hamill would be cool. But since I am bringing my Vader costume, I would LOVE to get a pic/auto with Dave Prouse! He seems really cool! This is going to be my first Celebration, so I am going to try to get as many autos as I can! May the Force Be With Me!!

4. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I wanna meet Dave Prowse, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Hayden would be cool as well. I'ld like to get a Vader figure autographed by Dave & Hayden. Frank Oz is another cool suggestion. Samuel Jackson also. Christopher Lee & Ian Diarmid. Of course who wouldn't want meet Goerge Lucas and get their Jorg Sacul figure signed.

5. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    If I lived in fantasy-land, I'd love to see Lucas, John Williams, Harrison Ford & Mark Hamill. Might as well add Alec Guiness & Peter Cushing to that list (yes, I know - that's the point).

Realisticly, I still have yet to get Anthony Daniels auto, so I hope they give him some time to sign. I'm hoping they have co-hosts (Frank Oz leaps to mind - he would be awesome) & they both have at least 1 day to just do autos. Also like to get Logan & Morrison, Christopher Lee (he does sign, just very rarely; massive line), Portman (massive line), McDiarmid, and Ahmed Best (dislike the character, but...).

As a point of no-interest, my SW autograph collection is exclusively action figures, so I love to get those secondary & tertiary characters signed. The more the merrier. Lots of Jedi!!!

And, for all those who haven't had the pleasure - William Hootkins & Richard LaParmentier (Porkins & Motti). Two awesome guys, lots of fun!

6. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    And, for all those who haven't had the pleasure - William Hootkins & Richard LaParmentier (Porkins & Motti). Two awesome guys, lots of fun!

They were so nice and you could tell were having a great time as well.
    I ended up talking with Richard LaParmentier for about ten minutes or so and I was naming off some of his other movie appearances also which he replied to "Where did you find that movie?" "I had almost forgotten I did that movie?"
    He was also surprised because he didn't know his autograph would be wanted by so many people.

Yes I hope they will be back again I would love for them to sign the picture I took with them last time.

Also Julian Glover was great also when I asked him for a picture he stood right up out of his chair and posed next to me he was awesome too.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Call it a TF.N fundrasier for Moderator back pay
    Now THAT would be worth the money to see! Have to work on my pitching arm for the "dunk-a-TFN owner" fundraiser! Anyone know if Randy Johnson is a fan? ;)

FYI, Philip Wise runs C2 Ventures
    No wonder it was such a mess last time!

I still have yet to get Anthony Daniels auto, so I hope they give him some time to sign
    And I think you'll have even that much longer to wait...several times @ CII he made a point that he doesn't sign (hardly any) autographs. ANd his website has a whole section with cases of forged signatures.

I would love to meet Mark Hamill...but judging from the insane long lines for Carrie Fisher, I would have to miss out on alot of the convention to do so. And I'm just not sure if it's worth that. Believe me, I would love to have part of my video include a chance to meet Luke Skywalker and add the graphic:

Hey kids...it's Mark Hamill!
    ((applause))

8. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    I think Mr. Daniels just wasn't signing at C2 'cause of his Host duties for the event and the focus he wanted to keep for that! - If he signed for 1 then he would have had a crowd following him everywhere. He was the same in Denver for C1. I met him in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and he more than went out of his way to make sure he spoke 2 everyone at that type of signing event - I agree he (And gladly so) has done his bit to bring attention to 'The ways of the darkside'

I didn't really like the way that C2 Ventures was set up at C2 and I wouldn't have trusted a Pay now-Deliver later service - Way too many people!

9. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Jan 14, 2004
    For me, it is simply that Anthony Daniels is the only accessible main character (who is still alive) from E4 whose autograph I do not have. I was told that some people were able to get his autograph at C2 by catching him just after events. I may have to try this, because he is easily in my top 5 most-wanted. The other 4 (keeping in mind that I assume that Ford & Jackson and others will be basically unattainable) are:

Ian McDiarmid
    Tem Morrison
    Natalie Portman (I believe she may be at one some day)
    Ahmed Best (just so I can get my Achk-Med Beq figure autographed!)

I mentioned Hootkins & LaParmentier in my last post. One other guy who was simply awesome - Warwick Davis. I got on his line while the actors were away at lunch - and I was glad I did, because he had a massive line. He was late getting back, and he walked down the entire line apologizing for being late, then went to his table & started signing. He talked with everyone, took pictures, and was simply the best.

Not quite OT - I did like the coupon system from C2 - I hope they keep it like that, as it worked well. I just hope and pray that they find a larger area for the autographs - the C2 set-up was cramped and awkward.

10. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I hope thet can get more actors from the A New Hope to sign next time.
    Phil Brown was there last time but because of his ailing health has retired from the convention circuit.
    He will still send you an autograph by mail though.
    But hopefully others we haven't seen before will show up.

11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'd love it if Leeanna Walsman was able to make it to C3. She was supposed to be at C2 but had to back out.

12. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Jan 14, 2004
    Good call Ryno - I forgot about Leeanna Walsman.

And I did forget to mention my White Whale of sorts - not an uncommon signer, just someone who I keep losing my chance to get: Silas Carson. I have been to 3 conventions he was scheduled to be at, and all 3 times he didn't make it. Now it is simply a quest to get that signature. I guess it just amazes me that I got Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, and Warwick Davis & not Silas Carson.

And in a not quite OT question - what does everyone get signed? Posters, figures, pictures, DVD covers . . . I have seen a lot of different stuff. Personally, I have more than 50 autographed figures, more that 40 different signatures.

13. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I'd really love to meet Harrison Ford and Ewan McGregor. I know there's more chance of me being struck by lightning than meeting them, but I can hope. :D

I'd also like to see the author Jude Watson attend to get her autograph, though I know this is really talking about celebrities.

14. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    I'd personally just like to shake the hand of anyone involved with KotOR at C3 and thank them for stealing hours and hours of my life ;)

15. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    PORTMAN,WOULD BE AWSOME,AND SO WOULD GEORGE LUCAS.

16. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Humm...I'd love to see John Williams there. that would be awesome. The series wouldn't be close to as neat as it is without him.

17. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Aside from C2 Venture's amy Allen, I'd like to see Rose Byrne aka Dorme and Orli Shoshan aka Shaak Ti, of course! :D

As for the SW comic books and misc artwork folk, I'd like to see all the artists there: Jan Duursema, Joe Corroney, Thomas D Hodges, Doug Wheatley, Brandon Badeaux, Brain Ching, Suneo, other Japanese SW book-cover artists , etc

A George Lucas signing would be horrible nightmare. Ain't no way that's gonna happen...successfully that is. Too much of a headache and heartache :p
    A live appearance would be fantastic however!

18. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I'd KILL to get autographs from Ewan, Hayden, or Harrison!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

It'd also be nice to meet Ian McDiarmid and of course, George.

19. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

I think I would expire on the spot if Mr 'wedge' Lawson himself were there, not dignified I know. I would love a photo with Hayden as well for my collection.

20. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Jimmy Smits would be awsome as well as James Earl Jones!

This is my first celebration, what kind of items do they let you have signed?

21. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Ewan [face_love] Hayden [face_love] and Harrison [face_love]

EDIT: ROFLMAO!!! I didn't realize I'd already posted the same thing in here earlier!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

22. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    last time Bail-aquino I remember books, figures, pretty much whatever they let you bring and and the celebs felt comfortable with signing

23. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Thanks r2fu2,
    That's good to know! I'll probably make a poster for them to sign, once they make the official anouncement of who'll be there.
    I'm really looking forward to this. I'm a long time fan but a complete newbie when it comes to this kind of thing. I'll be making the trip from Puerto Rico so I won't miss it!

24. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Since this is suppose to be the last movie I hope they gather all the actors from all the films to make this the greatest sw event this galaxy has ever seen.

25. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm really looking forward to this. I'm a long time fan but a complete newbie when it comes to this kind of thing.

Same with me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.